EADD Mix album 2006

kappadaftie said:
Tambourine Man, I love Erlend Oye's vocals.
Fucking haunting aren't they? I'm all about the Øye.

As a track, it really shouldn't work... Morrissey lyrics, performed by a nerdy Scandanavian, mixed with a heavy beat remix of Royksopp??? Huh? How'd that sound any good?

I think andy streamlined some of the bass out of it (or maybe it's an effect of normalisation), but it still sounds sweet.

Incidentally, andy, I'm fucking well impressed with the shuffle mixing towards the end of my track. Dunno if it's actually called shuffle mixing, but it sounds good (and erased any trace of the pre-mix). :D
Have you heard this mix of Royksopp- Remind Me?
James Zabiela's Ingeborg Remix
Its on James Zabiela '001'
Amazing
Ya... heard it. Zabelia's my man.

Last edited:
What the fuck is that track that rips The Streets? Had me laughing out loud!

Dunno about anyone else, but I find the ket-inspired tracks (I think there's two or three over the two CD's) very difficult to listen to.

Awesome job Andy!

Last edited:
tambourine-man said:
I think andy streamlined some of the bass out of it (or maybe it's an effect of normalisation),

yeah sorry about that, the levels were all over the place... had to compress it like mad and lost some "space"

tambourine-man said:
Dunno if it's actually called shuffle mixing,

I don't know what it's called either, ableton lets you do all sorts of wonderful things!

tambourine-man said:
I find the ket-inspired tracks (I think there's two or three over the two CD's) very difficult to listen to.

ah, you'll be talking about the 'snares? Nothing polarises opinion like a 7/5 time signature!

andythetwig said:
yeah sorry about that, the levels were all over the place... had to compress it like mad and lost some "space"
Nah, it's cool man. I'd imagine it's imposssible to take that many varied tracks and make them work as a single digital entity. You're always gonna lose something or be forced to confine some of the sounds... but I'm well impressed. The mix into the U2 remix track is pretty damn deft as well!
ah, you'll be talking about the 'snares? Nothing polarises opinion like a 7/5 time signature!
Yeah, that'd be it. There's a few others here and there. To me, they kinda sound like someone got set loose in a recording studio with a hammer... just really tough to listen to, but that's what's nice about these EADD mixes - radically different tastes and always a musical education.

Props for putting something so diverse together.

U2 - New Years Day 2000 Ferry Corsten Vocal Extended
^
gheyest.title.ever

*hides now*

i've just realised how shit the mp3s sound, i might upload an uncompressed flac version overnight

Nice mix. Gonna burn it to CD and have it as pre-uktek music this weekend in the car. Really like that breakbeaty track that runs at about 40 mins thru the mix, think its ivory - free the beast, feels like the sort of thing i'd like to be dancing in the sun to in the mountains at some big free part.. Flac would be cool yes!

tambourine-man said:
Tony De Vit - Are You All Ready

Cracking track, tinrib.

cheers!

I'm always amazed that its 10 years old!!!!! still sounds so fresh, and its about 155bpm!!! lol

:)

fanx
blush.gif

trainspotters: who can spot the 20bpm tempo hikes? :)

Deathrow558 said:
My life is just rubbish.

ah i remember what happened, you asked me to find it didn't you because you couldn't upload it for some reason? I looked for it on bittorrent/limewire whatever and couldn't find a decent enough version... soz loik!

andythetwig said:

if you cant spot a 20bpm increase you need the fluff removing from your ears =D

andythetwig said:
fanx
blush.gif

FC Kahuna - Hayling is the only one i noticed? downloading the second mix now loving the first one so many good tracks, hadnt heard that j5 track before tis well good. @ollie, should be getting down to this tek hopefully the weathers going to stay like this =D do you know if any bristol rigs are coming down, dissident?

Last edited:
Mind_Movie said:
U2 - New Years Day 2000 Ferry Corsten Vocal Extended
^
gheyest.title.ever

...but a cracking tune! :) Surprised he's got it though, considering it was never released. ;)

Re: 20BPM hikes

Well... CD2 steps up a bit around the 40 minute mark.

Is there a cue sheet around?