• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc EADD Job Club

worked seven days a week since March, didn't really work from dec 2019 until then though, was nice to have some time for the occasional drink and smoke and made a new kid too

when motivated, I am an exceptional worker at whatever I do

When unmotivated I can sack off something that pays life-changing money with no regrets

i have a 9-5.

i love my job and would genuinely do it even if i didn't need the money. but, i'd do like 25 hours per week. i genuinely don't believe its really possible to work 8 hours per day in anything mentally taxing consistently forvever. which is why i'm on BL when i was supposed to start at 9. i work from home which helps me feel more in control of my life.

I have worked for the vast majority of my adult life. Although it did take me a while to stabilise my employment situation immediately after uni, and I had a few more employment gaps many years later due to my drug use, but other than that I have always worked.

I did once quit a steady, cushy, and fairly well paid job, mainly so that I could go devote all of my time to taking more drugs and getting more deeply into the scene. After a couple of years of doing that, I was still of that mindset, but I was forced to get back into work due to having spent all of my money on drugs!

At that time I was not in a fit state to hold down jobs. I got fired from my next 2 jobs directly due to my drug use. I have never been fired before or since.

In general I used to think that working affords a better balance of life, by seeming to give your free time more value and meaning than it would have if all your time was free. Although I changed my mind about that during 4 months of lockdown furlough in 2019, when I found that I was very happy not having to work for 4 months, while still getting paid 80% of my salary.

Iv'e done work where I literally couldnt fit the cash in 50's, at the end of the week ,in my pockets...but was I happy? fuck ye

Iv'e done work where I literally couldnt fit the cash in 50's, at the end of the week ,in my pockets...but was I happy? fuck ye

I think I've figured out what this work may have been.

Sessions with one of the biggest widely known total wreckheads / genius singer songwriters of our generation, and having met other known celebrity smack heads on several occasions too? It doesn't take too much figuring out.

I didn't know that Shane McGowan won a scholarship to the famous and prestigous Westminster school. Coming from the middle of nowhere in Ireland too. That was amazing. Saw it on a very interesting documentary about him on You Tube. Hilarious in a sad way too at times, with Shane kicking off about wanting to go to the pub, when he was already in the pub!

Its kind of hard to imagine him there in that school amongst all the toffs, allthough I beleieve it has now become a school for the more artsy or media type set. People like Louis Theroux etc.

Last edited:
I didn't know that Shane McGowan won a scholarship to the famous and prestigous Westminster school. Coming from the middle of nowhere in Ireland too. That was amazing. Saw it on a very interesting documentary about him on You Tube. Hilarious in a sad way too at times, with Shane kicking off about wanting to go to the pub, when he was already in the pub!

Its kind of hard to imagine him there in that school amongst all the toffs, allthough I beleieve it has now become a school for the more artsy or media type set. People like Louis Theroux etc.
my sister went out with a guy from Westminster. he was a total arsehole, severe ketamine addiction, extreme sense of entitlement.

i went to private school for 5 years, nothing like Westminster my parents aren't that minted, but they use those scholarships- 1 or 2 per year- as an excuse to have charitable status and thus avoid tax. imo they should have to do a lot more than that. my best friend at high school and the only person i'm still in touch with was on one of those places. we didn't fit in at all.

honestly i think private schools should be illegal. they do so much to further entrenched hierarchies that are not based on merit in the slightest and we all suffer as a result.

but this is the job thread..... so maybe i should stop ranting.

i went to private school for 5 years, nothing like Westminster my parents aren't that minted, but they use those scholarships- 1 or 2 per year- as an excuse to have charitable status and thus avoid tax. imo they should have to do a lot more than that. my best friend at high school and the only person i'm still in touch with was on one of those places. we didn't fit in at all.
I wonder if Shane MacGowan went through similar things at Westminster school. I wouldn't be at all surprised. Maybe that contributed to turning him into such a wreckhead, although it was possibly also in his genes and destiny that he would end up that way.

I went to a small comprehensive school in the middle of the countryside, and so maybe I was able to fit in better overall and more of the time than if the school had the school been bigger/rougher/more socially challenging etc. Or at the other extreme I'd probably have struggled more if the school had been private and more elitist and snobby. I started to struggle with things like that at Uni as my Autism mask began to fall off due to the increased social demands that I was not able to keep up with, and at the same time as my anxiety began getting out of control. THis would have been due to struggling with the social demands, and I began to know what it's like to be socially shunned. This wasn't something I experienced in the community that I went to school in.

I thought we were going to get job listings in this thread.

Link me to some good jobs yall! Preferably starting at zero skills £400/hr 3hrs per week max

lol. i forgot to add: strictly Mary Poppins type jobs only