Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Job Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
eDDe9 said:
My team leader still gets paid via the agency lol.

Yup. A lot of the places I temped at had comparatively senior staff who were still officially just temps. Fucked up situation really - great for the employer though...

eDDe9 said:
NTT pay the agency £8 per hour, the agency pays me £6.50-6.75 per hour depending if I'm cold calling or not.

I asked them if I could be employed directly for £7 an hour.. they said no..if they did that with everyone they'd save a fuck load
not necessarily. they quite often have to pay for holidays and other benefits, plus if they pay someone off they have to pay redundancy and any outstanding holiday pay. there may also be tax and NI implications, nae sure about that. but i'm sure the biggest reason for hiring temps is the ease with which they can be hired and fired. less chance of industrial tribunals too.

Shambles said:
True. But a lot of people also seem to be under the impression that it's likely to lead to a permanent position - which it does sometimes - but they often end up just being taken advantage of... Bleedin' pigdoggery 8) ;).
aye, i was in that situation in my first temp job. getting a staff job was a carrot for us to behave like good little doggies with the prospect of a cushy staff number with much more money, benefits, and status. plus the right to park in the staff car park. seriously. 8)

my last two contract jobs were the opposite. once you get to a certain level of the food chain, contracting is the preferred option. you can typically get about 20-30% more, which is more than worth the lack of benefits. and there is no stigma attached to being a contractor in the slightest... quite the opposite in fact. and all the contracting jobs i've ever had have included holidays, usually at least 20 days. (no sick pay though... but thankfully my boss always turned a blind eye and told me not to put it on my timesheet and i got paid anyway. god bless him. ;))

i was happy to take this latest job as staff, cos the salary is still pretty good and i get full BUPA coverage (first time ever), life insurance and a pension. which is nice for a change. :)

well i did get an HIV test. still waiting for the feckin results. 8o :|

will you guys still be my friends if i have the AIDS?

i promise it would be Good AIDS.

Yeah. I think it would be cool having a friend with AIDS. I'd whip him out at parties like a little party trick and everyone would go "Ooooh, aaaah!" and point at the AIDS man in amazement.

So either way, you're sorted felix. Every cloud!

OI YA ROCKET! Get that picture out the fucking gallery NOW or I shall go to your superiors :X

Deathrow558 said:
Yeah. I think it would be cool having a friend with AIDS. I'd whip him out at parties like a little party trick and everyone would go "Ooooh, aaaah!" and point at the AIDS man in amazement.

So either way, you're sorted felix. Every cloud!

Hahaha, quality! :D

felix said:
will you guys still be my friends if i have the AIDS?

i promise it would be Good AIDS.

Yeah sure, discriminate against us poor immigrants with bad AIDS.

Bigot!

Surely they don't check your facebook and definitely not your house. Sounds like bullshit.

I never claimed I knew for sure. I used the word 'surely' and said sounds like bullshit which clearly implies I don't know and was assuming.

There are 5ish levels of security clerance in the Uk.
Only the top one (Developed Vetting) would require such deep checks.
SC (Just stands for Security Check) is a pretty common one for people with access to Government systems.
It involves a not very short application form where you give details of jobs for the last 6 years, addresses, partners you've lived with for the last 3, parents details and partners and some financial details, as well as declarations about drug use and mental health.
As part of that, they can do some basic financial checks, but these probably wouldn't go beyond basic checks of information held with a credit bureau like Experian unless you were applying for a higher level.

DV is some serious shit, and involves random interviews of people who know you, as well as potential phone tapping and stuff.

More info Here

A few people have been caught out by their employers by their Facebook/Myspace/Bebo/Whatever accounts - whatever you put on there can be seen by anyone remember, so telling the world what a cunt your boss is and having a load of pics of you snorting coke of prostitutes tits is possibly not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.