• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Heroin thread v.XXV -- a quarter centuary of threads if not yet a full decade since the 'drought'...

Never mind the West Mids, I'm not convinced Stoke is even part of planet earth

Honestly, probably some of the best gear in the country given the city's demographics 😉
Fucking true on both accounts :ROFLMAO:. Seen Stoke's "monkey dust" epidemic? Its the only city in the British isles that even has that problem. A city of space cadets.

So true on Bradford and so much of Yorkshire too given that the Pashto dudes are some of the biggest players in bringing it in. Anybody ever read up on the case of Meggy Khan? Plenty of decent/semi-decent gear around Bradford and other notorious parts of Yorkshire I'm sure.

Life is pretty shit in general when you actually open your eyes to the world anyway. At least 90% of the world's population probably has a shitty life and this of course varies geographically, socioeconomically. I even have an old lawyer friend who married into money and her husband tried to off himself. Then you have the poor bastards trying to survive in all the war zones from Bradford to Palestine to Ukraine to the Central African Republic and so on.

There's also his quote about how a person would crawl through a mile long sewage pipe or whatever to get a hit - can't remember the exact quote. After looking at your chat with Bleaney I was reminded of a bit in Trainspotting (the book) in which Tommy get into gear. The Tommy in the film is two characters moulded into one but the point that's made is that some people really seem prone to heroin addiction and I truly believe that. Of course there is the trauma factor (certainly the case for me, started with alcohol at 14, horrible upbringing and area) but it does seem that some people just "take to" opioids. Same as zop bandit said, I've known junkies on the streets, sex workers, in hostels, user-dealers and most of their addiction was rooted in trauma, especially younger users (often passed down through families) and those who went into sex work. So many had been through the care system. And then there are old heads who came from the big towns and cities that were flooded with heroin after Thatcher destroyed industry and left so many young men unemployed - suddenly heroin comes along to fill that void, which I do not believe was a coincidence and in fact mirrors the neoliberal reforms and the globalisation of trade which destroyed these communities, whilst also making some working class people immensely wealthy and all of that money flowing through the banks.

But anyway, Burroughs made some good points but he was a trust fund kid and had he not written some books that were seen as culturally significant, notorious and brilliant (not by me in the latter case), would he really have been able to be that junkie or to keep up that persona? And back to the point about certain people "taking to" it, I really believe this. Tommy in the Trainspotting book splits with his girlfriend like in the film and gets right into his habit and Renton comments on how some people seem to. I've smoked heroin with aristocrats who love it and had trust funds and helped me with my habit for a bit (2grand a month in the bank from mummy plus rent paid etc. Burroughs style even tho Burroughs claimed that he didn't or that it wasn't substantial/enough anyway) as well as the lowest on the socioeconomic ladder but also just people I grew il with who also had hard lives and I remember a close friend going to try it and literally gagging from the smell and saying that he didn't wanna know. Massive coke head and alky tho. We were brought up to hate junkies but once I tried it, I found a new love and I knew it. You do gain some kind of incredible strengths and if you survive heroin addiction and come out the other side, you can be a rock because you've put your body and soul through hell.

Dunno about stoicism as I haven't studied much of it but it does or can certainly give you a certain hardened outlook and strengths that a lot of people don't posses. People who have never lived that way seem very soft and doughy to me, even if they are ripped. Soft and doughy in the heart. And these people probably don't need heroin and would never come into contact with it.

It's ok, I find it very disturbing if someone is online all the time, it shows to me their Life is empty & they can't even keep up a Habit let alone a "Normal" Life with Children, Pets etc.

14 days Clean of ALL Opiates, not a damn thing has gone into my system in regards to any Opiate.

Google the word "Fistula" & you'll see WHY I have quit & what I am terrified of getting, it's not a nice sight I Promise you that much.

lol

At least somebody gets me, when I took the The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) I came back as INTP which says it all.
So many don't get me but I speak Truth, I am a person who has a real Issue in wrapping things up in Cotton Wool, being "Woke"
The main person who shaped my thinking was Diogenes, his the guy who has shaped me 100%

Mate, that's fucking fantastic, not using for 2 weeks.
Just try and keeo it up. If you can stick to pregabalin twice a week, you can still get a buzz but with less risk and expense.

Fucking true on both accounts :ROFLMAO:. Seen Stoke's "monkey dust" epidemic? Its the only city in the British isles that even has that problem. A city of space cadets.
Fascinated by it and find it incredible that it's never really been a national news story despite going on for years. Says a lot about how forgotten towns and cities like that have become really that the rest of the country couldn't give a shit.

Imagine that was happening somewhere like Bristol, Manchester or Liverpool and crossing over into the middle class student drug scene, you'd have debates in parliament over it

Monkey dust as in MDPV? How is that even still widely available on the streets of the UK in 2024? It's been next to impossible to obtain online since it was banned a several years ago.

Or do they mean canabinoids, AKA Spice etc?

This is the problem when the media get hold of these terms, it could apply to anything, as by and large the reporters, editors, and low quality tabloid type printed and online media generally don't have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to drugs. And they are quite happy to make things up if the actual facts aren't convenient enough for a good story.

Also generic branded powders could contain anything, which is a similar and linked problem.

Spice has been a big problem in the homeless population of Manchester. If you beleieved the local media it was quite an epidemic not too long after all the RC websites sold off their Spice stock for pennies in the wake of the NPS ban. (That was another well thought out aspect of the ban and how things would end up playing out :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Monkey dust as in MDPV? How is that even still widely available on the streets of the UK in 2024? It's been next to impossible to obtain online since it was banned a several years ago.

Or do they mean canabinoids, AKA Spice etc?
Nah, Stoke has had a very localised issue with MDPV and god knows whatever other closely related substances for years. Plenty of documentaries on YouTube which are worth a watch, proves my point about it not even registering as an issue elsewhere in the country!

Edit: to add, they almost certainly aren't taking actual MDPV at this stage, but it took off there with the street W + B users in a way it never did elsewhere, and presumably other shady research chemicals are filling the void at this point

Fascinated by it and find it incredible that it's never really been a national news story despite going on for years. Says a lot about how forgotten towns and cities like that have become really that the rest of the country couldn't give a shit.

Imagine that was happening somewhere like Bristol, Manchester or Liverpool and crossing over into the middle class student drug scene, you'd have debates in parliament over it
It made press and there are a couple of vids on YouTube about it. The closest thing was the spice epidemic in Manchester which did make national news because it's Manchester. But yeah you're right mate, decades of neoliberal economic reforms have left areas completely forgotten about and they are just rotting away. Brum city council declared bankruptcy. Liverpool council taken over by people from Central government. The country is well and truly fucked.

@Bleaney check that message I sent, monkey dust is either MDPV or a similar compound and it has only been a thing in Stoke. There are some articles that explain it quite well, without all the hyperbole. They speak to an ex-addict who is now a key worker for people with problematic use and he described the high and how it basically goes on for days, leading to psychosis, people thinking that their houses are bugged and all that stuff. There were the usual stories about people pulling their faces off and whatnot in the usual moral panic type coverage you see but it has been broken down. The police have apparently taken a more harm reduction approach to policing the issue which is a positive. Spice is big there as well but this drug (either the one you mentioned or a similar analogue/analogues) and it is only really found in Stoke and some other places in Staffordshire. The theory that police and drug workers have is that there is basically one local supplier who gets it online and has had stockpiles of it. It's like 2 quid a hit or something so street people take it as with anything just to feel different. The usual problematic users who just want some escape from circumstances and trauma. But yeah it's just one supplier, perhaps an organised crime group. It is believed to come in either in bulk or had been stockpiled (I think that whoever was running it must've kept bringing it in as it has been going on for years). Highly peculiar. Some locals were interviewed and they were saying that they have become used to it, even feeling sympathy for the "zombies".

A very strange case. I remember a friend down south taking that MDPV stuff sold as MDMA and they were fucked up for days. Dunno if this is exactly the same but same class of drugs for sure. Mixed with booze, spice likely, possibly other drugs like heroin, crack etc. It's bad news and obviously not legal but as I said, the working theory is that there is one supplier - this might've changed but it doesn't seem profitable, then again if you got a kilo of the stuff for say what it costs for an ounce of heroin and sold it in 2-5 quid doses. Not sure of weights but let's imagine 0.3g to half a grams, that is a hefty profit. I seem to remember it being speculated that it came from China but who knows.

The tin foil hat part of me thanks it could be run with the complicity of law enforcement to basically fuck the life out of stoke and then clean it up but I dunno. It's a sad thing and has really gripped the vulnerable people of that bizarre city.

It made press and there are a couple of vids on YouTube about it. The closest thing was the spice epidemic in Manchester which did make national news because it's Manchester. But yeah you're right mate, decades of neoliberal economic reforms have left areas completely forgotten about and they are just rotting away. Brum city council declared bankruptcy. Liverpool council taken over by people from Central government. The country is well and truly fucked.
Never a truer word spoken brother - as a Birmingham resident I look forward to my council tax being 20% higher in just over a years time!

Would also argue that the spice epidemic was/is worse in the Midlands than it ever was in Manchester, but when it's happening in spitting distance of Salford media city its always going to attract more coverage

Never a truer word spoken brother - as a Birmingham resident I look forward to my council tax being 20% higher in just over a years time!

Would also argue that the spice epidemic was/is worse in the Midlands than it ever was in Manchester, but when it's happening in spitting distance of Salford media city its always going to attract more coverage
Yep I reckon you're right about that. There are Stoke-on-Trents all over this fucked up country too, many that people have never heard of. The most deprived area in the whole of the UK was in the southeast: Jaywick, Essex. Just goes to show that even the north/south divide doesn't apply in the same way. It is the Square Mile - a city within a city - in London and then miles upon miles of variation between either middle-to-upper middle class, often gated communities and then shitty towns and cities that are falling to pieces. Tent cities, boarded up high streets, fake unemployment statistics, endless Tory rule and Tory opposition.

It's always good tk come across people who see it for what it really is and don't view the world through the lense of gogglebox and the "news" or whatever.

There is a theory that CIA started crack epidemy for a reason. So nothing would surprise me

BTW i didn't do it, fuck that shit, don't need that in my life (talking about bradford's H)

There is a theory that CIA started crack epidemy for a reason. So nothing would surprise me

BTW i didn't do it, fuck that shit, don't need that in my life (talking about bradford's H)
Not a theory look up Oliver North, Iran contra, Sandanista Government in Nicaragua, Barry Seal - Coke for guns -

Nah, Stoke has had a very localised issue with MDPV and god knows whatever other closely related substances for years. Plenty of documentaries on YouTube which are worth a watch, proves my point about it not even registering as an issue elsewhere in the country!

Edit: to add, they almost certainly aren't taking actual MDPV at this stage, but it took off there with the street W + B users in a way it never did elsewhere, and presumably other shady research chemicals are filling the void at this point
I doubt very much it's mdpv. It'll likely be something in that class, and will probably vary from batch to batch.
Real mdpv would be sought out and sold for what it is, as there are people clamouring to try vaping it (only ever snorted a line once and i was already full of mephedrone).