• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

^ Great stuff :) - and ta for the luvverly card, MinM <3

Two steps backwards on our allotment, though - pigeons 'ave 'ad the brassicas :! :(

felix said:
goddamit i want a garden. my one is currently only good for growing concrete and weeds, and because it's shared with 5 other flats, none of us give a fuck about it.

Ah very good Felix do you think you could send some of your home grown concrete down to us pleasum ???=D =D ;) <3

:(
Fishface said:
^ Great stuff :) - and ta for the luvverly card, MinM <3

Two steps backwards on our allotment, though - pigeons 'ave 'ad the brassicas :! :(

Its ok just wanted to let you both know that I'm thinking of ye !!!<3

BTW funky pants says she'll take some photos of the front at some point for you to have a look at !!%)

Our camera is shagged ~ looks like its been dropped (probably by one of the kids) otherwise I'd be posting regular progress reports !!

As for ye brassicas ~ nets and a good ole traditional JINGLE JANGLE SCARECROW with a FLIPPY FLOPPY HAT ~ he can wave his hands like this and shake his feet like that !!!;) =D =D <3

I can assure you that the moment I got there and witnessed a scene of nascent cabbage carnage, I rustled up a rather fine construction of netting and poles, especially as I was having to call on strengths of compassion for our feathered friends to save myself from sundry schemes of erradication :! ;) %)

Better late than never, eh? 8)

Sorry to hear about your camera :( We got our very first digital one today, so get ready for an overload of photo's soon =D

Will get to work on the tatty bogle when we're three - not long now! 8o ;) %)

And remember we're always thinking of you all <3

Well I just knew it, I managed to kill my harmala seedlings again, and one of my belladonnas, but I do have one of the belladonna seedlings growing its first set of leaves now :)

Just waiting for some Datura seeds to arrive in the post now.

My mum's into her gardening, though technically speaking, we don't actually have a garden. We live in a three bedroom maisonette with a tiny little balcony. Still, she doesn't let that stop her as this year she's got some potatoes, strawberries, and tomatoes on the go.

Potatoes:

20080424random0483qk4.jpg

Strawberries and tomatoes (there's no fruit yet, but they're flowering though):

20080424random0488xe5.jpg

Hanging baskets and boxes:

20080424random0489eo0.jpg

Flowers:

20080424random0491ar4.jpg

Err...more flowers:

20080424random0493xp6.jpg

Then along came the nosy bugger:

20080424random0492ur2.jpg

Here he is in his element eating his cat grass:

20080424random0500xt7.jpg

My parents are currently trying to get their own nearby allotment, which would mean more space to grow bigger things. Dunno what the situation is atm. They go through their little phases, just like myself really. :)

Sorry not to have commented on those lovely images before, TG - how's your folks' allotment coming on? :)

Thought I'd update on progress, which has been severly hindered by some seriously crap weather in these parts - particularly at weekends :! :X :\

dscn0141gi3.jpg

dscn0143fj2.jpg

Fingers crossed we get some decent weather this weekend :\

Looks fucking belting Fishy - nice wall now as well ;)

A fine haven indeed, Mr Fishy :). I bet that courtyard affair gets roasting when the sun comes out.

My windowsill herb garden has now been extended to include basil (yummy :)). My chives are a-thriving and my coriander has gone to seed. I know how it feels :D.

Aw - shucks - cheers, chaps :)

It sure does get nice'n'toasty, entheo %)

Bloody raining again here at the moment though :(

I suspect you may have a little sunshine heading down your way soon. It was raining here this morning but is nice'n'toasty now cos we sent the rain down south - for your garden, specifically :).

Fishface said:
Sorry not to have commented on those lovely images before, TG

That's alright, Fishy. :)

Fishface said:
how's your folks' allotment coming on? :)

Just as I thought, they didn't bother with it in the end. A shame. But my parents ideas are as short lived as my own. :\

Inspired by a brief exchange with Snolly this morning in the Random MSN Gibberings thread, I thought it an opportune time to resurrect this thread.

Fingers crossed the weather's better this year than last, so's I can complete the water feature and actually sit out and enjoy the space!

So, anyone else started their horticultural endeavours yet? :)

I have had this recent idea of commercial indoor production of wasabi.. Just wonder if anyone knows anythin about this? It's worth 100usd a pound fresh... So.. It's a fair idea n well sought after by sushi bars...

Can't seem to find much info around bar you need full irigation system... This thread being revived is a sign tho me thinks! xD

Hello my green-fingered friends, I come to you for advice.

I've got this cactus which I've had for maybe fifteen years now. It's looking lovely and healthy and green at the top but dried out and yellow at the bottom. It's also rather contorted, to say the least.

I was wondering if I could put a bit more life into it by repotting or whether I could lop the top few inches off and replant? Thought it might work but I've had it for ages and am loathe to kill it.

if it's a 'good' cactus just eat it = ) or if not: have you been over watering again? they are pretty strong either way.. check soil is not too peaty.. pic poss?

Inspired by a brief exchange with Snolly this morning in the Random MSN Gibberings thread, I thought it an opportune time to resurrect this thread.

Fingers crossed the weather's better this year than last, so's I can complete the water feature and actually sit out and enjoy the space!

So, anyone else started their horticultural endeavours yet? :)

oh yes all go again = ) spuds r in and been doing lots o de stoning so hoping fo the best parsnips in town this year, sadly the olive trees have fucked up on the allot, only two left, the other 2 r doing well in pots though, its nice to have that bit of solar energy back, feel motivated by it all = )