• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

haribo1 said:
I'm wondering about growing Califonian poppies (not the morphine containing ones) for a laugh... it's the limit of my ability..

Scatter the seeds on open ground - April is good in the north - obviously prepare it first by digging raking - after that they ought to reseed themselves anually. Somniferum certainly do.

Alternatively buy some seeds & read the packet!

Hmm - from such answers, methinx we've found B9's true vocation ;)

EADD's very own Percy Throwup :D

Ta for the advice, mate - met a most charming and seemingly reputable nurseryman just along the way, Sunday past - I'll pop along and make the relevant enquiries at the weekend %)

And thanks for reminding me of Californian poppies, Haribo - a lovely addition to any garden :)

I have an organic allotment. I really enjoy it. Its hard to stop the bloody poppies, they just keep "popping" up everywhere..

Haven't taken californian poppy extract so dont know about that one, those damn things grow everywhere especially where you dont need them to grow..

^ Amongst tatties they seem to thrive I noticed

What do you grow in them, mate?

Mostly herbs. Got a big rosemary bush that's ideal for skewers for taties as well as the usual (basil, oregano etc) - also got edible flowers like nasturtums in the wall & hanging baskets. While herbs are easy enough, things like potatoes require a 'proper' garden for the space they take up IMO.

Even grow stuff for the cats - catnip & valerian - but it does mean that anything with a potentially poisonous content is out (no foxgloves, no matter how nice they look) as the cats tend to graze on everything. Found out the hard way with that after growing some lobelia one year then wondering why the cats were puking everywhere. Funnily enough, I've never been tempted to grow any drug-like plants despite the desire being there; might find a bit of abandoned land and cover it with opium poppy seeds this year, but everything in the back yard has to be edible/non-toxic to cats (believe it or not, geraniums are the perfect antidote to cat-food breath - makes them nice smelling felines! =D)

^ I love foxglove beautiful plant - tho obviously pretty fucking toxic

B9 said:
^ Flowering cherries come in all sorts of shapes & sizes. They don't take a lot of looking after - simply a good choice of planting spot, correct prerparation & judicious watering for the first year (or so, weather dependant). One thing to realise is that the English flowering cherry grows to a good sized tree & has fairly invasive roots. what you want is probably a dwarf japanese cherry - which number several hundred different species.
Decide on size & when you would like it to flower (some do so at christmas) & I'll look in my Big Kids Book of Trees & send you the details of the ones with relevant spec.

cheers me dear for the good advise- i really want Prunus serrulata but as it would grow far too large i think i need to find a dwarf variety like you say. twould be nice to have some fruit bearing trees....there's a house around the corner with a fig tree overhanging, some are ready and dropping!! got tres excited till i remembered i hate figs.....:\

i also want a wormery- fucking love worms!!!!!=D

I've been growing me own herbs for about 10 years now. Such a joy to reach out the window & pick some fresh chives to sprinkle on a salad. :D

Herbs = <3 =D %)

Gardening's something I'll definitely get into when I have the chance. Can't imagine anything better than having your own little plot of nature to nurture as you please. When I was a kid I used to spend hours helping my grandpa grow his tomatoes & runner beans. Happy memories indeed. :)

I expect the "haven for wildlife" aspect would take over with me though. I always like those gardens that have a feeling of organized chaos & wildness to them, rather than neatly aligned rows of pretty petunias. You can't constrain nature maaaaaan.

does anyone remember matilda the film??? i've always wanted a miss honey garden=D

I expect the "haven for wildlife" aspect would take over with me though. I always like those gardens that have a feeling of organized chaos & wildness to them, rather than neatly aligned rows of pretty petunias. You can't constrain nature maaaaaan.

Def that touch to our back yard - gives the cats an adventure playground to run around in & pretend they are fierce top predators (as opposed to the self-propelled furry ornaments mrs f&b has turned ours into =D); mind you the idea that it's organized chaos is a bit too precise - unorganized chaos would be closer to the mark. You only have to see the way the ivy has spread all over the walls etc to do away with any idea that there's any organization in the setup!

^ I have poison by the bucket load if you wish to eradicate it.

Just cut a section out of the principal root and it'll die, rather than use posion 8o

How long have you had your allotment, andy, and how much work does it take a week to keep things ticking along? I've thought of putting my name down for one before now.

^ That would work - except the fucker will grow back in no time with sucha well developed root system. However if you're prepared to keep chopping it, it is a better method.

Glyphosate - you gotta respect it's killing power even if you think it unethical

I plan on starting my own meagre herb garden in February. I suspect the soil will need improving first and I want to sew my seeds in time for spring - should get some parsley, basil, sorrel and tarragon this year. :)

Might also plant a rosemary bush and some thyme for the future..

^^It's all the poor, innocent wee critters who would suffer under a Glysophate blitzkrieg that I'm concerned about (particularly when F&B's pussies are 'top predators') :\

How're things in your 'garden' this morning, my dear friend? :)

Mornin', DR, like the sounds of that herbarium you're planning!

^ If the ivy pisses me off any more (can't get the yard gate open sometimes), I may be tempted to go for the 'Harold Shipman of the plant world' option, but not before I took a cutting as I do like a little ivy growing on the walls - just not my own private ancient forest of the stuff!

Aye DR we use rosemary frequently now we have a decent specimen of it - sage thyme & mint as well, all good herbs - wish I had a shitload more TBH - still only one way to fix that! :\

fishface it's gloomy & raining in my garden & outside my office window - happy days 8)

Tis gloomy'n'drizzlin' in these parts too :\

Ah well, will just have to wistfully daydream about enjoying a cool beer in the comfort of my garden on a sunny, summer morning, with the scent of assorted flowers in the gentle breeze, being serenaded by birdsong, watching butterflies flit from flower to flower....

...beats working ;)

^ Sounds idyllic & it will be so as well. I rather like that idea fishface. :)