• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

I'd go further. I mean there are shitey films that come out week upon week, year upon year. But nothing since Dodgeball has made me actually get up and switch the pile o' shite off. That's some rarefied company. Words fail me as to just how fukkin poopy that dogshit-onna-bun that thing was. Genuinely unwatchable and perhaps the beginning of the end of cinema as an overall form imo. Inexcusable in every way.

I loved dodgeball back in the day, I thought it was hilarious at the time then again at certain times I'm easily amused =D.

Is Suicide Squad that one with all the fuckin rappers in? Meh, I wouldn't watch it on principle...

I'm easily pleased that's my first defence. I'll defend my liking more thoroughly when I feel more compelled to write a tl:dr =D

I've already said multiple times in this thread I love all those comic book conversions although there's like a million of them and they are all basically the same. There is rarely a dull moment when one lowers their standards just to the right degree =D

I love comic movies but suicide squad was worth tears of disappointment.

Yep couldn't bring myself to watch that garbage.

Trying to lure me in with Harley Quinn, I'm too old for that shit.

Has anyone watched 'Assassin's creed' yet ? Any good? I enjoyed the first game when it was released but couldn't get into the follow ups and gave up on the games.

I haven't watched any decent movies for a while now and nothing worth mentioning from my last post (I'm slipping).

I seem to be missing the attraction of the video game to film premise. Just doesn't work for me although love the games. Tried to get into the whole DC stuff and bar the batmans (someone probably gonna tell me that ain't DC but you get my drift) I come away feeling like I've paid for a 20 minute hand job and taken shed loads of speed.

I'm always on the gritty hard edged drama.

This was recommended by an arty mate had a dull night gave it a go and wow! Amazing what can be achieved with a low budget. Also brings in quite topical thought provoking issues of the Pakistani community in the northern towns.

Spoiler alert don't read unless it really won't be your thing;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_Me_Daddy

Think it's on Amazon or Netflix. The girl who is the main role is amazingly good and sure she's gonna pop up somewhere in the near future.

the-edge-of-seventeen-movie-poster-2016-1020776371.jpg

imdb

Trailer

Synopsis: Everyone knows that growing up is hard, and life is no easier for high school junior Nadine, who is already at peak awkwardness when her all-star older brother Darian starts dating her best friend Krista. All at once, Nadine feels more alone than ever, until the unexpected friendship of a thoughtful boy gives her a glimmer of hope that things just might not be so terrible after all.

T'is slightly cliched in places, but I knew I would enjoy it from the moment the opening credits kicked in. It's definitely a relatable movie from my standpoint. I'd give it a 3½ out of 5.

I seem to be missing the attraction of the video game to film premise. Just doesn't work for me although love the games. Tried to get into the whole DC stuff and bar the batmans (someone probably gonna tell me that ain't DC but you get my drift) I come away feeling like I've paid for a 20 minute hand job and taken shed loads of speed.

I'm always on the gritty hard edged drama.

This was recommended by an arty mate had a dull night gave it a go and wow! Amazing what can be achieved with a low budget. Also brings in quite topical thought provoking issues of the Pakistani community in the northern towns.

Spoiler alert don't read unless it really won't be your thing;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_Me_Daddy

Think it's on Amazon or Netflix. The girl who is the main role is amazingly good and sure she's gonna pop up somewhere in the near future.

There have been some great ones Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy (still love that movie), Mortal Combat (if you don't mind the cheese), Hit Man. Loads more but these are the ones that jump to mind.

I have to admit that movie description and title were pretty misleading but I've just grabbed it to watch later on (cheers).

It's a great movie Bella

The other one that I enjoyed (hubby hated it) was 'Split' - Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities, and must try and escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th.

It was great upto a certain point then it sort of got a bit weird - give it a watch if you can.

I liked it, and did it seem to strongly hint at an Unbreakable sequel?

I liked it, and did it seem to strongly hint at an Unbreakable sequel?

Have to say I wasn't that impressed by Split. Felt like the concept could have been really entertaining, but it just didn't do much for me in practice.

I also watched The Witch recently, that also starred the main teen girl out of Split. Really good slow burning atmospheric horror and all round well put together film. Would recommend.

Watched Filth tonight. Was actually technically a rewatching, but I must have been pretty fucked on first viewing as I had no memory of how brilliantly entertaining it is.

Watched Filth tonight. Was actually technically a rewatching, but I must have been pretty fucked on first viewing as I had no memory of how brilliantly entertaining it is.

I started watching that the other night, but turned it off after about 20 minutes for two main reasons: Firstly, I found it a bit sickening when he forced the 14 year old girl to suck him off (yes, I do have SOME morals), but the main reason was that I couldn't understand a fuckin word they were saying...

Haha really? I wonder if we met in real life whether I'd just sound like I'm talking total gibberish to you...

Haha really? I wonder if we met in real life whether I'd just sound like I'm talking total gibberish to you...

No doubt about it matey. I have a real problem understanding broad Scottish accents - I even have to run your posts through Google translate.

No offence like, but you lot really need to learn to fuckin enunciate!! ;)

Gonna have a watch of this tonight:
A New Understanding explores the treatment of end-of-life anxiety in terminally ill cancer patients using psilocybin, a psychoactive compound found in some mushrooms, to facilitate deeply spiritual experiences. The documentary explores the confluence of science and spirituality in the first psychedelic research studies since the 1970s with terminally ill patients. As a society we devote a great deal of attention to treating cancer, but very little to treating the human being who is dying of cancer. The recent resurgence of psychedelic research is once again revealing the power of compounds like psilocybin to profoundly alter our understanding of both life and death. Through the eyes of patients, their loved ones, therapists, and researchers, A New Understanding examines the use of psilocybin in a controlled setting to reduce psychospiritual anxiety, depression, and physical pain. The treatment aims to help the patient understand that a 'good' death is possible, and to help the patient's family deal well with the dying process. A New Understanding shows patients and their families coming to terms with dying through the skillful treatment of the whole human being. If we can learn to work more skillfully with dying, we will also learn to take better care of life.

Perhaps I'll feel better about my inevitable cancer.

Gonna have a watch of this tonight:

Perhaps I'll feel better about my inevitable cancer.

I can't imagine anything more likely to induce a total freakout when tripping than the knowledge that you're going to die very soon. Fuckin sadistic bastards ought to just increase their morphine doses instead.