Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E vs Speed

ReD L1nE

Bluelighter
I've been takin pills pretty regularly for last 3 or 4 months, taking a break this month and having none, but still planning on havin some go when im out. I know this is screwed up logic but anyway..
question is, ive looked into side effects of pills a bit, but whats worse? Like what screws your body and mind more, moderate use of pills or moderate use of speed?
(moderate for me is once every 2 weeks usually)

Well I think if you take MDMA regulary, your body doesn't become addicted to it. Speed on the other hand is different. The more you take, the more you need to get rid of that annoying agro feeling. It's because your body is starting to depend on it. Personaly I hate speed, it's dirty and it just makes me feel shit for days. MDMA is alot cleaner *well feels cleaner anyway*. I am not an expert, let BT take over, he'll know the answer.

It's supposed that mdma has more chronic toxic neurological effects (damages your brain more), in comparison to speed or meth. But then again, the long term effects are not really known for either -> speed plays with the dopamine in your brain... and with the cause of Parkinson’s still unknown (but most obviously linked to dopamine), I think it will be interesting to see the 'chemical generation' reach the typical age of onset for that disease.
Basically, it's not properly known which of the two is more damaging, but it's generally accepted that mdma does more long-term damage than amphetamines.
In terms of you body: they both keep you up & prevent you from sleeping, so your body doesn't like that either way... but I usually find it very hard to eat & sleep after amphetamines, but not too bad after just mdma... so I guess in that respect mdma is better for my body.
I also find that sleep dep. is a main cause of my scatness.
However, because the effects of mdma are based on seretonin (chemical that makes you happy) you're more prone to suffer from some post-pilling blues. Amphetamines act via dopamine, and that is replenished a lot quicker (only about 3 days & you're back to normal levels)... and shouldn't effect your mood so much.
eeh.. there's ups and downs for both of them... but a break from at least one for a while (or at least spacing your pills out) is prolly a good idea.

I've been led to believe that Methamphetamine/Amphetamine is more neurotoxic than Methylenedioxy -n- methamphetamine. Though how that was measured or gauged I'm not sure. Weight for weight or some such I should imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if MDMA proves to be more neurotoxic, due to the fact that while it is built on the amphetamine chain (therefore having the damage of the amphetamines?) It also has an additional set of damages to the seritoin axons in the brain.
However, Methamphetamine is used frequentely in doses larger than one standard dose, and for more extended periods, where as MDMA is mostly used only in 1, or 2 dose amounts.
Also, a pill is not solely MDMA, and is likely to have Methamphetamine content as well. And both in combination produces very potent neurotoxic effects due to the crossover between the dopamine and seritonin systems.
So take your pick, they both do serious damage.
-plaz out-

Hmm well the brain was built to replace dopamine faster that it does seratonin. Amphetamines cant be that bad, cause they give it to add kids yer?
Hmmm i find speed a much better drug. There is no real comedown for me on it, it just wares of. I can eat whilst speeding no problem. And sleep as well (im a lazy fuck can sleep through anything).
Im no speed junkie only done it 3 times, but i find it much better compared to mdma. Dont get scaterd of speed- just the 8-10 hour RUSH then i can usally sleep for 6 hours then awake for a whileeeee . Nothing major. Ohh and i can rember my night after speed :) hehehe
hmmm im ranting!!..

I can eat whilst speeding no problem. And sleep as well
?? Read meth vs speed thread you deff aint been getting that grade 6 shit.
Meth addiction is extremly bad, psychosis and schizophrenia can follow. However long term mdma abuse will probably lead to depression of some degree.
But iw ouldn't treat it as though by abusing only one drug your are taking the lesser of 2 evils. All drugs can be dangerous and can do damage.

I just ment that after mdma, im all over the place. My every day life gets screwed up. Sleep,eating etc etc.
I find with speed use i can go about my evry day life which is basically just eating and sleeping anyway.

Out of all the illicits you can put in your body, speed is up there with the worst of them. Speed can be amazingly addictive and the crash that occurs can go on for days. Of course this can vary from person to person and the type of lifestyle that each one leads.
Physically its addictive, mentally its addicitive and some of the chems from poor syth ain't too good.

Let's face it, speed's just plain fuckin dirty.
Even when its pure its no good for you. No good for your liver, no good for your immune system, no good for your sleep patterns. Let alone when it ain't pure, cut with god knows what, bad synths etc.
As Soma said its mentally and physically addictive. Whats more the nature of the substance can lend itself to abuse because your average working citizen only has so many days a week they can spend in total crash-sleep, then they have to get up and work again. If they're still exhausted the only answer is more speed.
But god bless it none the less :)

ALL DRUGS ARE BAD! No matter what u take it's not doing your insides anygood! What drug u choose to take is your preference! Personally I LOVE WHIZZ, I LOVE IT, LOVE IT LOVE IT! Not often you come across some really good top shit! I did over NYE it was very very basey. YUMMMMMMMMMM :)
But all in all they're all bad. Everyone's body reacts differently, i know from my experiences though i come down like a bitch from whizz! Pills it's not half as bad!

Yeah Wizz is bad, but most of the e's eaten have prolly got a more dangerous mix of chemicals.
Wizz is bad... but its soooo good ;) YAY WIZZ

*looks at the above comment*
Thats because it taps into the pleasure/reward part of your brain. As for the brain dam thing - well there are plenty of psychologists that believe that speed use ain't too good at all.

I think u cannot answer this question unless u define what u mean by the terms "worse" and "bad".
IMO dose for dose, MDMA, and thats excluding the crap its packaged with, is more physiologically detrimental than speed. Its follows, although not always, its probably more psychologically detrimental as well.
However MDMA isnt addictive, and one of the reasons why is that it physiologically cannot be taken everyday and achieve appreciable effects.
NOTE: ask yourself why this is; if speed can be taken everyday, then MDMA "dose for dose" must be taking a greater toll on your brain than speed.
However most people dont use meth as they do MDMA and thats the problem. Once we r talking about meth use which has become addictive or dependent or frequent, then it becomes a much "worse" drug than MDMA could ever be.
Physiologically and without question psychologically.
High grade meth imo is THE hardest drug in the world.
Whilst i have never had herion, getting the drug aside, i know which substance id rather be addicted to. People who have been herion addicts for decades get along "ok" provided they get their herion.
Show me a person who has used meth daily for over a year thats not dead, in jail for a violent offence, or in a mental institution. There wont be many.
As i said this question of MDMA vs speed is very hard to answer and u must set your parameters first before even trying.
[ 11 January 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

"Let's face it, speed's just plain fuckin dirty." - i find actually being on meth feels cleaner than MDMA (during the period when you are, for lack of a better term, "fucked"). you are less mentally "fucked" and you can remember your night better. however, i tend to feel more scattered after meth than after MDMA. it's also harder to sleep and eat after meth (i usually have no problems after MDMA). so in that sense i think it takes me longer to recover from meth than from MDMA.
i will say that both of them severely sap my motivation and desire to work, study, exercise etc. as a result i'm very conscious of doing either drug only ever few weeks. if you start using either regularly, you're going to run into problems. both of the drugs build up tolerance pretty quickly too...
my tip is: don't overuse either of them cos they'll both fuck you up quicker than you can say, "but i'm not even scat!".