Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

e-movies: ecstasy culture in the cinema

Just as a interesting side note I thought I would mention something I saw in Remix magazine.

Anyone who reads Irvine Welsh knows of his book "Ecstasy-Three Tales Of Chemical Romance". Word has it that there are plans to start production on a movie adapted from the last short story in the book.

I've read it and am looking forward to seeing it. It's a cute story.

Bad Boys 2
Groove

And since you have Small Town Ecstasy on there I'll give you another tv documentary:

True Life: I'm On Ecstasy (MTV special)

Dan1584(2) said:
Bad Boys 2
Groove

And since you have Small Town Ecstasy on there I'll give you another tv documentary:

True Life: I'm On Ecstasy (MTV special)

BB2 is a great movie about the distribution of ecstasy. Groove, 24 hour party people, go...they've all been said before. But good movies. Isn't there a movie made by moonshine music about rave culture? If you were going to do some reading I would suggest Generation Ecstasy and This is not a rave. The fist is by simon something and the second by Tara something. Helpful I know

bad boys 2 i thought was a terrible representation of ecstacy.....

it was funny yes, but the guy dead in the street left for dead off one pill?
and marcus getting an erection while obviously fucked *does that ever happen??!!!*
funny movie but badly researched i felt....

if I were a mod in this forum, I think I would move this thread to Drug Culture... that's what I would do... I I were a MOD of this forum... y'know, since it's a thread about a drug AND culture... even says so in the title... ecstasy culture... sure sounds like a prime candidate for Drug Culture to me... and it'd probably get more of a response there... being a higher traffic forum and all...

adios,
Steve

but you have no problem with my patronizing sarcasm? Is that an oxy-moron? patronizing sarcasm? Anyways, yeah, it was meant to be like that. both patronizing AND sarcastic. Guess you got half the joke.

Adios,
Steve

I like The Anniversary Party. A bunch of middle aged Hollywood types wind up eating E at an anniversay party thrown by a couple who are married but currently seperated.

Some of them are newbies and some have a little experience rolling (both in the film and in real life, I'm sure). There's a little overacting but it's portrayed fairly well. I've seen it on cable a couple times late at night. It stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Alan Cumming, Phoebe Cates, Kevin Kline. It's worth watching.

marcus got an erection because the e separated him from his mental block..........i thought it was pretty accurate. ive never drank plant water but i did die off 1 pill once.

Anniversary Party shows young rollers what the other, older scene is truly like. The funny thing about "Anniversary Party" is that it is so on target about how us fogies roll that people who actually DO parties like the one shown get pissy when they see the film, and are all, "no, nobody gets that over the top at OUR parties." ... but, of course, once they come up, they do. The best line in the whole film, delivered by some overweight dumpy guy to his buddy, is when he sees Gwenyth Paltrow across the room, and just matter of fact says "hey, that girl has great tits. I think I will go ask if I can touch them." Among the forty/fifty somethings who actually are being satirized by the film, they get real pissy over that line. It is too real. If they haven't actually said it to one of their friends' wives at one these parties, they have thought it. This amazing film should be rented for that line alone. But --guys take note-- Parker Posey also takes her shirt off late in the film. And yes, that sometimes happens at fogies' parties... if only they looked like Parker Posey. lol.

Old films regarding psychedelia and the sixties are welcome as well, as long as they're not the "american drug panic" kind.

Here's some LSD/Psychedelia films from the 60's

1. Mantis in Lace
2. The Trip
3. Alice in Acidland
4. Love Commune
5. Smoke and Flesh
6. Psych Out
7. Weird World of LSD
8. Blonde on a Bum Trip
9. Something Weird
10. Angel Angel Down We Go
11. The Psychedelic Priest

Last edited:
Romeo and Juliet (Gus van Sant remake)

Mercutio, dressed in drag and wearing a platinum fro wig, gives Romeo a "magic pill" just before they head to the Capulet costume party. Romeo takes the pill and immediately the screen explodes in fireworks of brilliant colors, with Romeo looking all googly-eyed.

Check out HIGHWAY

With Jarid Leto, Jake Gyllenhaal, Selma Blair and John C. McGinley.
This movie is about a group of teens on the run from vegas to seattle, in drug fueled road trip to remember

there were two "rave episodes" from SAVED BY THE BELL... ;)

Does anyone remember the Beverly Hills 90210 episode where they all went to that rave and Brandon's girlfriend drugged his drink. The drug dealer at the rave was wearing a shirt with a huge x on it.

I love that giant rave in the Matrix 2!
Oh wait, that was just a useless scene with tribal music and a bunch of dancing idiots.

I would definately put "Groove" on your list. I'll admit thatit has some flaws, but I really liked the movie for the most part and I tend to give it out to people who are interested in trying E for the first time. Also definately want to agree with all that has already been said about The Anniversary Party/