• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

E-cigs/vaping causing diarrhea?

Havocsfool

Bluelighter
Might be a weird question and I know nicotine loosens the bowels, but e-cigs seem to do it to a greater degree. Is it just because the nicotine content is higher than cigarettes?

You might be smoking your manly "vape" pen more maybe? Or it doesn't seem like it, but you are? Without that smoke sensation and carbon monoxide, I think we take more nicotine to compensate. Or at least that's how it seems with the gums. And who knows how they normalize concentrations, equivalent to a UltraLite or no-filter PallMall? What if that Marlboro just sits at the side of your mouth most of the time?

Seems like the carrier fluid is usually propylene glycol and glycerol, which can both give you the shits, but not in those amounts.

How much nicotine is in the juice you're using OP? If it's a higher amount or you're sing some crazy intense setup, it's probably just the nicotine.

What kind of based dose your juice use, VG or PG or some combination? I doubt it would be the PG causing thing, as Scrofula pointed out.

Nicotine is a potent agonist at the nACh and mACh receptors.basically acting like a key in lock to triggering muscle contractions that move food down and out.

antibowel hyper motility drugs like benzotropine work my blocking mACh the opposite of nicotine.