• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

e-cig megathread v.101

oxymoron310

Bluelighter
Hey, I recently bought a disposable Blu Menthol and it only lasted half a day!
What are your favorite disposable e-cigs, and how long do they last you?

disposables dont last. thats why they are disposable. if you like e cigs, look into getting a Halo model or something. drop like $$$ on a good one, get high nicotine level cartridges, and go to town. youll just waste your money with disposables.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like the logic platinum series was better than the blu e-cigarettes. You get better drags out of them and the taste is better IMO. Also, they have ones with chargers and extra cartridges so although they are disposable there are some that kind of aren't.

Non disposables are the way to go:

Either

Joyetech 1000mAh battery or Vision Spinner 1300mAh battery with EVOD drip tip. Best combo :).

I have dabbled in e cigs for 2 years.

First of all, disposable e cigs are not cost effective.

Anyway, logic e-cigs have always been my favorite in terms of throat hit and taste. While rolling these were vastly the superior e cig for me to smoke.

On the other hand, eon smoke e cigs are the only other disposables I have dealt with and they generally suck all around.

The best bet would be to go for a simple rechargeable setup such as an ego c battery and nova protank and getting your own liquid nic instead of disposable cartridges. There is a much greater amount of better tasting flavors available as liquids.

I dont smoke cigs. After a while e cigs start to lose their "magic" if you start vaping enough.

Blue SUUUUUCKS! So weak.

The rechargeable ones, also suck IMO.

LOGIC is the shittt. Platinum, fo sho.

I think that youll find most people are gonna say Logic.

Seriously, blue has no taste at all, it feels like Logics do, when theyre at the end and running out and you cant get a hit. except its like that, when theyre fresh out the package.

Also, their menthol one, tastes like youre inhaling the steam off of a cup of peppermint tea, nothing at all remotely like a cig. the Logic menthol is still kinda candy caney but DEFINITELY the best menthol ecig ive tried by far.

The eonsmoke sucks too, cant seem to get a decent hit off it. im a newport smoker so i need to FEEL my hits lol and logic is the only one that has been able to give me a nice decent hit that i can FEEL. the rest are just like, air vapors. so weak.

Ill say it again, Logics the way to go, whether u pick menthol or regular, its def. the most satisfying and overall best taste. logic FTW!

plus, even when i stay puffin the shit outta it, it lasts like 2 days.

Last edited:
Got a non-disposable (cheap? c4...). It's nice, but it's too convenient. I'm wondering if I'll become a horrid nicotine addict due to its convenience (before, I would smoke cloves between once and thrice a week) :p

ebola

I spent $$$ on a rechargeable NJOY and I bought the Bold Flavor nicotine cartridges (5 for $$$, well worth it IMO) and they don't have a strong taste at all, but deliver a solid nicotine buzz. The problem with buying E-Cigs for me is the availability. My local 7-11 only sells NJOY and Blu. I find NJOY cost effective but I really wish the taste was stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a non-disposable (cheap? c4...). It's nice, but it's too convenient. I'm wondering if I'll become a horrid nicotine addict due to its convenience (before, I would smoke cloves between once and thrice a week) :p

ebola
A C4 tank? What kind of battery are you using? I would recommend the EVOD or T3s (both by Kangertech) with replacable atomizer heads and cost the same price as a disposable tank. They are bottom coil tanks as opposed to the vivi novas/CE4,5,6,7-10 which are top wicking clearomizer tanks (top wicks tend to not work as well IMO). The Protank and Protank mini are also awesome bottom coil clearomizers but they are made of pyrex and break very easily. The Protank regular is my favorite (though I've broken upwards of about 10 now.) The EVOD and T3s are great for beginners though.

I threw away the paperwork. damn. yes, it does have a top wick. I'll change over once i can shop around a bit.

ebola, if you're interested, I'll point you in the right direction if you're looking for a good setup that will last all day (battery life wise as well as juice tank capacity wise) that is really budget friendly. I can definitely steer you in the direction of a good setup without you having to do trial runs to find out which ones work well.

I went through a lot of different setups--started with the blu (which is basically a smaller version of an 808 battery), then moved up to a slightly larger version of the 808 but the battery life was still poor, then I transitioned to the EgoT 400mah (a non variable voltage 510 battery similar in size to a sharpie) and then to the Ego C twist 1100mah (variable volt battery--it's run time for an average vaper is about a half to a full day), I'm now using the Provari which uses removable rechargeable batteries which are 1100mAh but you can switch them out throughout the day as they die. I generally go through one 1100mAh battery charge/day.

As for tanks I started with the Ce4s oddly called the stardust clearomizers (the disposable ones) which worked well with the Ego T because it ran at 3.0 volts and didn't really burn out the wicks or clog that fast due to the low voltage, though vapor production was less. I then moved onto the replaceable head Ce4s and the Vivi Novas which were still top coil but they clogged easily and didn't wick thick juices fast enough so it gave a burnt taste. I now like the bottom coil tanks such as the Protank (my main tank) but I also like the EVODs, T3s/T4. Bottom coils let you set the voltage just right so you get a lot of vapor production and wicks instantly because it is a bottom coil as opposed to top, and since it wicks from the bottom it has less of a chance of burning so you get good flavor.

With an 1100mAh battery and a 2.4ml tank (such as the EVOD or Protank) you can get a full days worth of battery life and depending on your juice usage you only have to refill the tank a few times per day.

Can you tell I love ecigs =D

ebola

Fill your own with some 0mg juice.
And fill something that vapes more gracefully than a ce4, those are essentially garbage to pass off on new people to rip them off and make a quick buck. A ce4 is a disposable tank. It just lasts for a few refills before it's time to toss it. Ce8's and ceX's are rebuildable but still garbage IME.
There are also Clove flavors out there with no nicotine.

Yeah. I don't seem to be habituated, so no need to taper of nicotine 'juice'. but yeah, I'll definitely shop around a bit for my next model.

ebola

The buzz is still missing something. Might give a full-spectrum tobacco extract e-fluid a try.

ebola

One thing I've personally noticed with vaping is that x puffs of an e-cig ≠ x puffs on an analog cig. I'd equate it more to pipe smoking, which probably isn't very useful as few people smoke pipes these days.

Just more or less, a longer amount of time spent smoking, longer slower drags, and an overall better feeling slowly drifts over, as opposed to the way a regular cig just smacks you in the face.

^Yeah exactly. It's a different type of drag, you really need to get used to it, but once you do I find it just as appealing. The triggers of pleasure are still there. With my ecig there is a slight sizzle when I get the right pull and it has such a pleasurable feeling. For those who give it a long enough chance with a good setup, I think they have a good chance of switching (if that's what they want to do).

I chose to switch because I believe it is healthier (whether it is or it isn't I know I don't feel like shit like when I did smoke and had my first cig of the morning), I also don't feel dirty, I use my ecig in the house and in bed and in the car without the worry of ash or smoke. It was an overall good change. I also like that you can taper down the nicotine without even noticing. I started with 12mgs, went to 8 and am now at 6mgs. Even at 0mgs I can see myself continuing to vape as I enjoy the oral fixation which I think is a large portion of a cigarette addiction.

The reason shit like nicotine gums and patches never worked for me was because the thing I like about smoking is the feeling of smoke into my lungs; I can only get that with e-cigs (I use the strong ones with tobbaco flavour).

IMO disposable e-cigs aren't worth it; it works out far cheaper to invest in a re-usable one. Also, you can create your own cartridges if you want. (Theres quite a big scene for this)

It was the same for me. The oral fixation and the smoke/vapor really helped transition off tobacco cigarettes.

Urban Style are good. Claims to last for 800 drags. 2 days and still going. Still, get an refillable kit, so much better.