• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I just took about 435mg DXM about 6 hours ago and was wondering if there are any problems with me taking 300mg more because I've gotta keep the trip going, I'm getting somewhere mentally and making progress and I don't want to lose it. I know I will probably be asleep in a few hours but if I can get back to where I just was a couple hours ago by taking this dose, let me know and let me know if there's anything I should watch out for (not worried really about sigma, I doubt a 2nd dose only would get me there)

I'm probably going to take it in about 15 minutes cause I can't wait much longer, my senses are coming back to normal

You should be fine.
Mind diminishing returns.

I’d wager it’s better to just wait for another day and another trip tho and would suggest just smoking some weed instead (if you’re into that sort of thing). But that’s not what you asked so

You shouldn't be in any immediate physical danger, but the possibility of entering a fugue state and/or behaving very irresponsibly is a real concern with any dissociative, especially if you're not accustomed to the drug. Do you have a trip sitter available?

If your circumstances were to change in the cannabis department, a hit or two of cannabis can also kick the experience up more that additional doses, especially in the visual aspect. Too much cannabis can be really uncomfortable with DXM, so if you do try the combo, I'd highly recommend only taking one hit at a time and waiting at least 10 minutes afterward before taking another as the full effects of cannabis on DXM take a few minutes to fully develop. IME, one cannot experience the full DXM experience without cannabis.

Enjoy your trip!

I have told my wife about the details. She knows to watch for unresponsiveness, depressed breathing, seizures, things like that. Anything else I could do that would help? She obviously hasn't done anything before so I'm not sure if that's a requirement for a "trip sitter". She is aware that the environment I'm in is important to not have a bad experience (haven't experienced that yet, other than over-thinking about how I'm breathing during my trip or feeling like there was some sort of danger or something I overlooked... Which is hilarious, considering how many times I've been suicidal, that I should even be remotely concerned but I guess the body fights to survive or whatever...)

I took the 300mg (have more arriving in the mail tomorrow before I switch to powder). I'm using this as a way to learn as much as I can to be safe regarding disassociatives and such so that I can effectively, one day, do a therapeutic dose of shrooms for depression to see if I have lasting results. I dunno what for... I mean, I don't really see what I want to do after that, but I suppose that's how it goes with severe depression. I haven't really been able to do more than a singular simple goal like "hit top sales" or "do 10000 men strikes in a day" (men strike is an overhead strike in Japanese sword fighting based martial arts like Haidong Gumdo and Kendo, for those who are confused). So maybe things can change some day, some time, in some future?

You'd be fine. I'm a veteran robotripper and despite the vicious hangover from a robotripper, they can be a lot of fun. A typical robotrip base amount is around 4oz (roughly 114g or 114,000mg). I typically would drink 8oz, but one night drank 16oz (nearly 455g/455,000mg). Now the problem with this, aside from the two day hangover, is I later found out that anything over 10oz can cause hypoxic brain damage. It's been roughly 18 years at this point, but that was one hell of a trip (would not recommend it and would never do it again though). If you're talking pure DXM, it depends on your weight, but 700mg is well within a safe, but trippy, limit

Whats the similarities between ketamine and dxm is may i ask? Never got round tp trying dxm. Mainly because its not found in the uk over the counter as easily as some countries i guess.

Does it give that headspace similar to ketamine or is some type of totally different dissociative trip? Only ever had mxe and ketamine. With small trials of diph but i threw that stuff away cause of the reports.

Stay safe. Bare head

Whats the similarities between ketamine and dxm is may i ask? Never got round tp trying dxm. Mainly because its not found in the uk over the counter as easily as some countries i guess.

Does it give that headspace similar to ketamine or is some type of totally different dissociative trip? Only ever had mxe and ketamine. With small trials of diph but i threw that stuff away cause of the reports.

Stay safe. Bare head
I don't really know what "head space" means, but DXM is supposedly similar to a Ketamine high if you're taking 3rd plateau doses from what I understand. DXM is less consistent in results as well, from what I hear.

Keep in mind, these doses are 6 hours apart. The effects of the first dose are quickly fading off. I'm hoping I still have enough in my system that my smaller 300mg dose will still bring me back up to where I was about 2 hours in
It won't bring you back to where you were. You need a recovery period. If you've taken psychedelics in the past, you could equate it to taking another dose of mushrooms or acid after peaking. It'll most likely just increase the length of your plateau. Now if you've already come down, it'll bring you back up, but again, it will have by far diminished returns

Keep in mind, these doses are 6 hours apart. The effects of the first dose are quickly fading off. I'm hoping I still have enough in my system that my smaller 300mg dose will still bring me back up to where I was about 2 hours in
Another excellent resource for many things, but in this case you can read about different people's experiences and doses taken https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml

Erowid.org is an amazing resource and one I frequently would utilize in my more hardcore days

You'd be fine. I'm a veteran robotripper and despite the vicious hangover from a robotripper, they can be a lot of fun. A typical robotrip base amount is around 4oz (roughly 114g or 114,000mg). I typically would drink 8oz, but one night drank 16oz (nearly 455g/455,000mg). Now the problem with this, aside from the two day hangover, is I later found out that anything over 10oz can cause hypoxic brain damage. It's been roughly 18 years at this point, but that was one hell of a trip (would not recommend it and would never do it again though). If you're talking pure DXM, it depends on your weight, but 700mg is well within a safe, but trippy, limit

Are you sure you're not confusing the dose with something else or botching the conversion from g to mg?!? 114mg would be a reasonable low dose, but 114g is fucking absurd and quite possibly a fatal overdose. I bought 100g of DXM years ago and I still have over 40g on hand. 700mg is already on the high end of the dose curve. The absolute highest dose I've taken is in the 1200mg range. 114g could easily be a fatal overdose, a 455g is essentially suicide. Please recheck your math before you OD and become a statistic. Seriously, NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDER DOSES ABOVE 100g. Anything dose wise over 1000mg is straight up insame to even consider, doing doses of even a single gram is just overkill.

*Please, please recheck your math on this one, I cannot stress enough just how dangerous the doses you're referring to actually are*. I dont mean to come across as condescending and apologize if that's how I come across. I'm genuinely concerned about your wellbeing.

Are you sure you're not confusing the dose with something else or botching the conversion from g to mg?!? 114mg would be a reasonable low dose, but 114g is fucking absurd and quite possibly a fatal overdose. I bought 100g of DXM years ago and I still have over 40g on hand. 700mg is already on the high end of the dose curve. The absolute highest dose I've taken is in the 1200mg range. 114g could easily be a fatal overdose, a 455g is essentially suicide. Please recheck your math before you OD and become a statistic. Seriously, NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDER DOSES ABOVE 100g. Anything dose wise over 1000mg is straight up insame to even consider, doing doses of even a single gram is just overkill.

*Please, please recheck your math on this one, I cannot stress enough just how dangerous the doses you're referring to actually are*. I dont mean to come across as condescending and apologize if that's how I come across. I'm genuinely concerned about your wellbeing.
Just to put my own mind at ease, you're not referring to me, right? I'm fine with this 300mg dose after my 435mg dose 5/6 hours ago right? Cause I'm already hitting that point where it starts

Just to put my own mind at ease, you're not referring to me, right? I'm fine with this 300mg dose after my 435mg dose 5/6 hours ago right? Cause I'm already hitting that point where it starts
Dont worry, you should be fine at that dose. I've gone as high as 1200mg in a single dose comfortably and without any concerning physical symptoms. I was referring to @Esacks1 post. He was talking about doing doses as high as 450,000mg!! Look at his post, he's either trolling or messing up the math somewhere.

Dont worry, you should be fine at that dose. I've gone as high as 1200mg in a single dose comfortably and without any concerning physical symptoms. I was referring to @Esacks1 post. He was talking about doing doses as high as 450,000mg!! Look at his post, he's either trolling or messing up the math somewhere.
If you read the post fully, you would recognize that I was referring to robotripping and the amount ingested was robitussin form. I also put a separate calculation in for straight DXM and included a link to a weight-DXM plateau ratio. Also included an Erowid link in a follow-up post so OP could read about others experiences and make an informed decision. And just an FYI...I weigh 175lbs and max should dose is nearly 1600mg. So at 700-750 he’d be fine....unless OP weighs 50lbs lol

Further...the 16oz I was referring to drinking would be roughly 475ml....well above the max plateau threshold of 158ml. I haven’t died yet (I don’t think), but like I said, it’s not an experience I would repeat or recommend

I'll just compliment the OP for being safe and telling someone else about their plans. When I read that it really made me less concerned. Another poster mentioned the potential for what they called a "fugue state" (a term I plan on hijackin) which is a great description.

Just being intoxicated puts you in danger, as the world is full of stuff that can hurt/kill you. Its ways the smart move to have an ally around when you're doing something new or potentially dangerous. If nobody is available there is:

Never Use Alone,

(800) 484-3731

Call them, tell them you're using drugs and if you become completely unresponsive when they call you, they automatically send an ambulance.

It's really designed for Opioid users, but anyone can benefit from this extra layer of insurance.

I'll just compliment the OP for being safe and telling someone else about their plans. When I read that it really made me less concerned. Another poster mentioned the potential for what they called a "fugue state" (a term I plan on hijackin) which is a great description.

Just being intoxicated puts you in danger, as the world is full of stuff that can hurt/kill you. Its ways the smart move to have an ally around when you're doing something new or potentially dangerous. If nobody is available there is:

Never Use Alone,

(800) 484-3731

Call them, tell them you're using drugs and if you become completely unresponsive when they call you, they automatically send an ambulance.

It's really designed for Opioid users, but anyone can benefit from this extra layer of insurance.
I’ll second this!! And add a caveat that if you have an experienced friend...One who’s knowledgeable, been there numerous times, knows the signs, etc. a good trip guide can make a world of difference in regards to your safety and your trip!! Let us know how it went....