View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM

nooodle

Bluelighter
Been thinking of buying some DXM gel caps (20x 15mg) online, never done it before and really interested in it.
If i get them i'm probs taking all of them because i want to reach second plateau.

Anyone have experience w/ DXM?
What's the effects like?

Its one of my favorite drugs bar none..
It can be a rough ride but its like nothing else.
Just triggers every receptor that makes you hallucinate like crazy.
But its def not for everyone since some people lack the enzymes that break it down.
So def start with a allergy test.

^This.

Take something like 90mg for your first dose. If nothing has happened within say two hours, you know you're good to go. Because if you take 300mg and you turn out to be a poor CYP2D6 metabolizer, you're in for upper third plateau. Which is a bit much for starters.

Was my favourite drug in teenage years, but also made me freak out pretty heavily repeatedly.. Did not feel healthy physically nor mentally but I did not know back then that much better, cleaner, safer dissociatives exist and are easy to acquire, most probably there will even be a legal RC one in your area of jurisdiction.
And on the arylcyclohexylamine ones I never ever had true psychosis or freakouts like happened with DXM..

Done it about 100 times. Take 150-350, redose 150ish two hours later. The initial hit can be jarring so start lower if you're psychedelic naive.

DXM is fabulously psychedelic/dissociative but only when redosed because your body metabolizes the first hit to DXO which has incapacitating stimulant/dissociative effects.

Dose as I said and you'll enter hallucinatory states ranging from seeing evolving images and scenes on the walls to (particularly eyes closed at this dose) flying through fuzzy alien landscapes.

Put on some good vibey music and you'll have one of the friendliest and beautiful trips any drugs can produce. I recomnend Aes Dana - Pollen (and good headphones ;) ). Music like this really compliments the headspace. This drug is up there with ketamine, mushrooms, LSD and anyone who says otherwise hasn't used it correctly yet.

I suggest you buy a test kit and check what it is that you actually get.
Do not assume it is DXM, if it is some other RC dissociative and/or a mix and you take a big dose, you may get into dangerous territory.
If you take a small dose first, you are statistically reducing the likelihood of overdoses and adverse reactions.
Different substances have different dose response curves, so taking more might be more or less dramatic depending on the substance.

Done it about 100 times. Take 150-350, redose 150ish two hours later. The initial hit can be jarring so start lower if you're psychedelic naive.

DXM is fabulously psychedelic/dissociative but only when redosed because your body metabolizes the first hit to DXO which has incapacitating stimulant/dissociative effects.

Dose as I said and you'll enter hallucinatory states ranging from seeing evolving images and scenes on the walls to (particularly eyes closed at this dose) flying through fuzzy alien landscapes.

Put on some good vibey music and you'll have one of the friendliest and beautiful trips any drugs can produce. I recomnend Aes Dana - Pollen (and good headphones ;) ). Music like this really compliments the headspace. This drug is up there with ketamine, mushrooms, LSD and anyone who says otherwise hasn't used it correctly yet.
Thanks, didn't know this info before. Definitely will try this out when i robo trip!

I suggest you buy a test kit and check what it is that you actually get.
Do not assume it is DXM, if it is some other RC dissociative and/or a mix and you take a big dose, you may get into dangerous territory.
If you take a small dose first, you are statistically reducing the likelihood of overdoses and adverse reactions.
Different substances have different dose response curves, so taking more might be more or less dramatic depending on the substance.

I'm no longer buying the gel caps online and just getting some robo from pharmacy so i shouldn't need to test it.

Interesting. I find it much harder to physically handle redosing. Tried it once, and had to puke at way lower dose than I normally would have. Also felt harder on the head.

I'm happy with the psychedelic properties weed can pull up from it.

Interesting. I find it much harder to physically handle redosing. Tried it once, and had to puke at way lower dose than I normally would have. Also felt harder on the head.

I'm happy with the psychedelic properties weed can pull up from it.

It has a cracked out aspect to it, but closing your eyes and observing the sensation uncritically you enter a deep meditative state.

I just did this last night to some Halcucinogen - In Dub and my mind desperately wanted me to just completely space out and let go of any effort to control the experience, grating me with discomfort if I resisted the trance.

I'm no longer buying the gel caps online and just getting some robo from pharmacy so i shouldn't need to test it.

I haven't a clue what the hell phobos is talking about. Commercial pharmacueticals have a standard of maximum purity. Get the syrup with only dxm. (I shoplift it myself)

It has a cracked out aspect to it, but closing your eyes and observing the sensation uncritically you enter a deep meditative state.

I just did this last night to some Halcucinogen - In Dub and my mind desperately wanted me to just completely space out and let go of any effort to control the experience, grating me with discomfort if I resisted the trance.

Hmm.. yeah, not looking to overcome it or anything, any abdominal courage I can muster goes to upping the one single dose. I think it's a good idea to respect spacing in general when it comes to DXM, seems like this ensures the magic sticks around.

The week-per-plat rule always worked for me. I don't really need it any more, I'm properly kept in line by the terror the nausea has aggregated over time. But I wholly recommend it for those starting out.

I haven't a clue what the hell phobos is talking about. Commercial pharmacueticals have a standard of maximum purity. Get the syrup with only dxm. (I shoplift it myself)

That's what i thought, and yeah i'm getting the syrup.

Be very careful. DXM is a powerfull as fuck opiate. It's not the same high as a traditional opiate, but it's about a thousand times more intensly pleasurable and tranquil than heroin during a good trip (in my opinion). It probably won't give you withdrawls, but if you like feeling far away from reality, ego death, and conversing with bizzare cartoony entities, you will immediately devolp a psychological dependance from your first solid trip.

It's my favorite drug ever. I love normal psychedelics and all, but imagine making LSD more obe inducing, intoxicating, ego shattering, and combing it all with opiate style orgasmic no fucks given floating up to space on a laser teddy bear with delusions of grander. Cause that's pretty much what a dissociative hole is.

LSD is way more psychologically artistic, and sexually compatable. But good fuck does DXM feel amazing. In order to have an acid trip that I can compare to a DXM trip (in terms of euphoria) I have to watch a sunrise on 500 mics or more with no tollerance. DXM is scary easy to feel that amazing on, but it's not nearly as natural feeling as on LSD.

Most people don't think DXM is all that great, which is probably a good thing. But if you want to get the most out of the experience you don't want to watch TV or hang around with friends. With some prior experience you want to take a 3rd plateau dose. 4th is crazy and all, but it's nearly impossible to remember, and it's compleatly possible to get into a dissociative hole (which is DXM's ace in the hole that makes it so amazing, that a lot of people have difficulty experiencing) on a 3rd plateau dose.

Now, as for what to do on that 3rd plateau dose to acheive the state of amazing. And this applies to any and all hallucinogens, btw. Lie down in darkness with either silence or your favorite music, and get comfy. Try to go to bed. When you can't sleep instead of getting pissed just relax more and more. Pretty soon you will find yourself in hypnogogia (a state between sleeping and waking). I can assure you that if you sleep while coming down from DXM your dreams will be bat shit crazy, but that's honestly not quite as fun, because you don't need drugs to have crazy dreams. DXM's effects on hypnogogia however are what make it so amazing. You will likley feel as if you're accelerating away from your body, and at this point you have to options: freak out (which will depending on the dose pull you back to your body or just cause a really heavy bad trip), or express your desire to experience what at the time seems like death (you will likely depending on dose be very sure you won't come back). Once you surrender to the DXM in hypnogogia like that you will begin drifting out of your body to places that feel very far away while having impressive vissions of abstract patterns, unrecognizably distorted versions of your room (if you open your eyes), and if your lucky, usually short lasting vivid visions of other realities occupied by what are frequently cartoonish humanoids. I usually hear people call those visions "the dextroverse".

If you wish to experience what DXM really has to offer it's rather disturbingly best to have a highly escapist personality. If you have no desire to leave your life and truly belive you will never return it will probably be far more difficult to have a good experience.

I hope you find my 10 cents helpful.

DXM weakly binds to the opioid receptors. It has minor opioid side-effects, still pretty far from being a powerful opiate.

That's exactly why they've replaced older cough suppressants with it.

Last edited:
DXM weakly binds to the opioid receptors. It has minor opioid side-effects, still pretty far from being a powerful opiate.

That's exactly why they've replaced older cough suppressants with it.
I just say powerful opiate because it's pain killing and euphoric properties (just kinda overall opiateness) blow any other opiate I've ever tried out of the water. Everything that the media made me think heroin was going to be wound up being what DXM was. Plus, DXM is a chiral compound, and it's mirror image "levomethorphan" really is a powerful traditional opiate. It's clear where DXM gets it from. But I'm aware that the powerful opiate effects of DXM are really just weak opiate effects potentiated by dissociation.

----update

Had my first DXM "trip" a few days ago, had half a 250ml bottle (375mg DXM).

It may have been a large amount for my first time which might be why i didn't enjoy it, but i just don't think the drug is for me.

It was fucking the weirdest thing i've taken, it was sort of fun at some points but overall wasn't very enjoyable. It wasn't very euphoric, i sat down with some mates and i couldn't keep my eyes open they would just close and i would struggle to keep them open. It made my head feel really weird (kind of like being dizzy but it wasn't nauseating), i couldn't walk straight and other effects i don't really remember. I don't see why anyone would find that enjoyable and it wasn't that i couldn't handle it, it was just the shittest high i've ever felt. I vomited about 3 times (which i expected). But yet again it could be the dose i took, but i don't think im doing DXM again anytime soon. I'll stick to lsd.

I just say powerful opiate because it's pain killing and euphoric properties (just kinda overall opiateness) blow any other opiate I've ever tried out of the water. Everything that the media made me think heroin was going to be wound up being what DXM was. Plus, DXM is a chiral compound, and it's mirror image "levomethorphan" really is a powerful traditional opiate. It's clear where DXM gets it from. But I'm aware that the powerful opiate effects of DXM are really just weak opiate effects potentiated by dissociation.

I see. One more detail: "opiate" is usually reserved for opium derivatives. An opioid is an imitation opiate, meaning it's not related to opium but still has some of the binding to opium receptors in common. That's also why "powerful opiate" sounds so off as a description of DXM, almost straight out of a DARE program, heh.

----update

Had my first DXM "trip" a few days ago, had half a 250ml bottle (375mg DXM).

It may have been a large amount for my first time which might be why i didn't enjoy it, but i just don't think the drug is for me.

It was fucking the weirdest thing i've taken, it was sort of fun at some points but overall wasn't very enjoyable. It wasn't very euphoric, i sat down with some mates and i couldn't keep my eyes open they would just close and i would struggle to keep them open. It made my head feel really weird (kind of like being dizzy but it wasn't nauseating), i couldn't walk straight and other effects i don't really remember. I don't see why anyone would find that enjoyable and it wasn't that i couldn't handle it, it was just the shittest high i've ever felt. I vomited about 3 times (which i expected). But yet again it could be the dose i took, but i don't think im doing DXM again anytime soon. I'll stick to lsd.

Higher second wasn't a social dose, you didn't respect the substance man. Anything above first plat is for sitting quietly with music to do chain tokin'. Heaps of weed to convert into visions when one's cough is suppressed!

I see. One more detail: "opiate" is usually reserved for opium derivatives. An opioid is an imitation opiate, meaning it's not related to opium but still has some of the binding to opium receptors in common. That's also why "powerful opiate" sounds so off as a description of DXM, almost straight out of a DARE program, heh.

Higher second wasn't a social dose, you didn't respect the substance man. Anything above first plat is for sitting quietly with music to do chain tokin'. Heaps of weed to convert into visions when one's cough is suppressed!

Does weed while on DXM bring visuals?

Oh yes, very much so! If the weed is the painter, then the metabolite DXO provides the clean canvas, while the DXM itself sets your brush on fire.

Besides that synergy in mental fireworks, the dissociation kills the weed paranoia. And the weed kills the DXM nausea. Total freakin' match!