• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dxm with guaifenesin?

haleyhaleyhaley

Bluelighter
i have a bunch of robotussin cough gels, but i couldn't find any with only dxm anywhere. is it safe to take them (zero experience or tolerance whatsoever) if they have guaifenesin in them?

It'll make you feel extra sick all of sudden and all at once for a while before you experience any good feelings of dxm. Guaif is the best thing to take if it has to be mixed with anything. Extracting the dxm into powder form is really the only way to not feel sick.

I have no experience with those, when I used to use the DXM to help alleviate the fact that I didn't have any heroin (yes it did kind of help believe it or not), I would just hold my nose and drink 8 ounce bottle of the three milligram DXM robitussin

I think I might have used the stuff with the guaifenesin before, and not had an issue getting too sick. Side note, my phone tried to autocorrect the word guaifenesin to "anal for fun"....my phone is a perv.

How much guaifensin is in each gel and how much are you taking? But short answer is yes, you will most likely get pretty sick unless youre taking a fairly small dose. Its always best to take products containing DXM only

My personal experience with DXM is that I have only ever bought it with no other actives, until now. 3 years since my last dose, I bought some with guaifenesin and researched thoroughly before committing. The only alternative was the far more expensive children's DXM only. After taking 236mg DXM (4oz) with 2360mg of Guaifenesin, I'm happy to report absolutely no nausea (2 hours in). However, in my research I have seen that nausea happens more often than not, although I have seen other experiences just like mine. My advice would be to take a relatively low dose to see how guaifenesin reacts with you.

Phylephrine and guafenesin have never posed a problem to me when using DXM products with the exception of some minor stomach discomfort and nausea. Acetaminophen is the one have to worry about but it's always better to do only DXM, to make it 100% risk free not just 99% if catch my drift.

re: AbusedTampon, just because those ingredients didn't negatively affect you, don't assume that the OP would have the same experience as you. It's the Non-Event Feedback Loop, and it can be a very dangerous thing unless squelched in its tracks. You were probably just sharing your personal experience, but to me I got a sense of flippancy where if I was reading your post and I had just got a bottle and found out it had those ingredients you mentioned, I might decide a low dose wouldn't hurt. And yeah, it probably wouldn't hurt. Not right then, but the cumulative effects of ingesting those extra active substances are not worth it for the high, IMO, tho I sometimes take those mucinex pills as boosters. Long term guaifenisin abuse has been linked to kidney stones, among other things.