• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM with codeine

belligerent drunk

Bluelight Crew
I'm planning on taking DXM for the first time and unfortunately the only formulation available in my country contains twice as much pseudoephedrine as it does DXM by weight. Pseudoephedrine is a (albeit shitty) stimulant, and as far as I understand DXM can also increase heart rate and/or blood pressure. Now, I have quite high blood pressure (130-140/70-80, I do take beta blockers). As such, I thought about adding codeine into the mix as it's one of my favorite comfort meds and it should also calm the heart a bit. I'm an experienced codeine user, taking it (almost) daily at 500 mg once a day; I only experience very mild withdrawals on days I don't take any. I have tried taking pseudoephedrine on its own to assess the way I react to it: so far 180 mg + 120 mg two hours later (300 mg total) didn't result in anything worth noticing some mild stimulation aside, today I took 300 mg in one go on an empty stomach and so far not feeling anything nasty.

The reason for all this info: I'm planning on taking 150 mg DXM, which also means it'll have 300 mg pseudoephedrine. Now, what would you, more experienced dissociative users, say about this combo and what about adding codeine? I'm aware that DXM may potentiate opioids and that NMDA antagonists also lower opioid tolerance, so I guess taking 500 mg of codeine would be too much? 500 mg gives me a nice stoned buzz, but nothing to write home about as far as opioids go, so it's not like if it were a little stronger I'd straight up pass out or something - I have taken up to 800 mg without significantly increased effect (the ceiling, bleh).

Some more trivia: I understand that 150 mg of DXM is not a lot, but I'm only looking to test the waters in order to decide whether to order pure DXM afterwards or not. I'm not looking for a purely dissociated experience hence I don't mind adding the opioid aspect to it.

TL;DR I'm going to take 150 mg DXM + 300 mg pseudoephedrine and wondering how much codeine to take with that combo as I'm a daily codeine user with 500 mg being the one-dose norm.