Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM while in various pharms

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
Hi

I dosed a full bottle of DXM only syrup tonight at 354mg.
This was probably around 9pm, it is now 12am and I'm feeling very off.
I take klonopin. Suboxone, vyvanse, and Wellbutrin on a daily basis. I took three 70mg vyvanse today (I am prescribed one), 300mg bupropion, 2mg suboxone, and 2mg klonopin. Could I be having a reaction? I feel nauseous and I have a horrible headache. My BP is kind of high and I'm sweating. I need to know what to do. I have access to one more mg of klonopin and metroprolol (beta blocker) help to lease!

That's not a safe combination in my estimation. Monitor yourself (or better yet get a friend to check on you) and if your condition deteriorates seek medical help.

Presumably it is now a little late for any further advice, but nonetheless... are you prescribed all those medications? If not, what is your reasoning for combining them? I am finding it hard to see why it would be necessary to take all of them daily.

Anyway, as has been stated, this combination is not safe. DXM + Bupropion + Vyvanse is likely the dangerous part of the combination, as Bupropion inhibits the CYP2D6 enzyme and thus increases both the intensity and duration of DXM, and the extent of undesirable side effects. The Vyvanse is no doubt still active in your system and on top of DXM + Bupropion can result in dangerous overstimulation which is the probable cause of the sweating and high heart rate you are experiencing. I believe you should be (reasonably) safe from any life-threatening serotonergic effects, which would be the biggest concern combining DXM with other substances, but this does not mean you are not (or were not) in any danger.

I hope that you have survived, but did you do any research before taking this combination?

I suspect not, because it seems to me that if you did, you would have quickly discovered that this was a bad idea. Please take this as a warning sign and do not just unthinkingly combine so many different substances in the future without prior research.

DXM and Vyvanse: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/633707-DXM-and-Vyvanse-question
DXM and Bupropion: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154113