View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM V.S shrooms

regularowen

Greenlighter
This isn't a thread asking "oh is DXM like shrooms" i know very well they are not.what i am asking is if you like DXM more than shrooms. Reason i ask this is because I've recently started doing shrooms and i think they are very enjoyable and some people may think im nuts when i say this but i just like DXM more than shrooms. while DXM may not make you hallucinate like shrooms do I've experienced many mesmerizing experiences from DXM. Some of you may say that i didn't eat enough shrooms also but the past 5 times i have done them i have eaten 3.5g each time and had awesome experiences but nothing as enjoyable as DXM.

It's all just about personal preference really. I wouldn't say that either DXM or mushrooms are one of my first choice trips, but I do think I would pick mushrooms over DXM almost every single time, probably just every time these days. I do not find DXM to be pleasant, and the hallucinogenic experience it provides is not worth the side effects for me. Mushrooms feel very clean and euphoric to me and have significantly more interesting and entertaining visuals, though I also find them to be at least as confusing as DXM at the right dose. Anyway, I generally just prefer psychedelics to dissociatives anyway though, but I know people who are the opposite. Everyone gets different things out of their drug use, especially with hallucinogens.

Apples and oranges. Personally I don't like DXM, and I love shrooms. I think each substance has different implications for different people, and it depends on your psyche and your chemistry.

Psilocybin mushrooms are one of the few drugs I'm actually very glad I did. I had one experience with mushrooms that ended, in the "come-down" phase, in my being the happiest I may have ever been in my entire life. Happier than when I accomplished some important professional goal, happier than when I've done lots of "hedonistic drugs" like meth or heroin, happier than when I've fucked a chick I really like, etc. It was unbelievable, it was one of the very few times in my entire life that I've been genuinely happy to be alive & I felt in love with life and existence. And this was during an extremely dark period in my life, when I was broke, dealing with the criminal justice system, and depressed...I watched the sun rise from my front porch while drinking a beer with my friend and it felt like my brain was floating in a warm bath of dopamine and serotonin, and I had the feeling that everything would turn out all right for me... I would give just about anything to get that feeling back...

So, while I've never taken DXM, I doubt it could stack up that (I have taken MXE though, which I didn't really like)

It's funny, my opinion is the exact opposite of Kaleida's. DXM always makes me feel super euphoric and lucid with insanely fascinating hallucinations whereas shrooms give me an uncomfortable sick feeling, confusion, and bland visuals.