View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Trips 101

Dexmaster

Greenlighter
First off, I had a messed up weekended as in priorities were getting high. DXM wasn't the only drug I took, but it was the bulk of it. My goal is to inform readers of the affects of DXM alone and with other substances.

DXM Background-
If you don't already know Dextromethorphan (DXM) is a dissociative NMDA receptor antagonist found in cough drops and cough syrup. For your own safety I absolutely do not advise looking for it in cough syrups, as they contain other ingredients that WILL harm your liver and could lead to death. I took gel capsules and made explicitly sure it only contained the Dextromethorphan (DXM).

The Trips-
DXM Alone-

My first time taking DXM almost made me think I was immune and that the weekend was going to suck, but I was wrong. Because my friend had told me 4 pills had gotten him very high, on the way to his house we both popped four pills. He felt it, I felt nothing. What I hadn't taken in account was that he weighs 100 lbs and I weigh 140 lbs, so when I got to his house I took 8 (Will explain what dose is right for your weight). I knew that the DXM would take a while to kick in so we waited. When It struck though, It was awesome. So far in my life I've been high on weed many times and drunk only once (because I have too great a tolerance), and it was so much better than being high or drunk. I lose my brains on weed and freak the hell out (because I'm a feather-weight) but DXM is so different. For at least me and my friend, you can think perfectly fine, but everything's different and straight-up better. Best described, it think having a physical weed high, and a light buzz where your thinking isn't very inhibited, motor skills are inhibited if anything. All and all its a new favorite for me. Know you're limits though because when I took ten I was rolling on the floor dizzy, not feeling nauseous though, and it wasn't painful or really that bad, but sometimes you should just stick with your perfect amount.

With Vicodin-

So I brought over what was basically Vicodin, not sure what the real name was - only that it had m365 written on it- but it was made of the same things as Vicodin. And best decision I ever made- we snorted it- we had 3 pills and it was so much more effective than just swallowing the 3 (because it makes more lines than you'd think when its crushed up). Sounds like a terrible idea some stupid teenagers would do, but that's what we were for the day. I shit you not though, it worked and it hit fast- made the back of my throat taste chalky and my nose burn a little- and a good thing to do when snorting to ease the burn is huff a big sharpie, very cooling. When vics and dex mix though, there is not better high in the world, everything is Disneyland. Its a good add on to the high, but I'm not a prescription pill junkie and I don't plan on being one so we weren't gonna try and get more- we could of stolen an oxy but we didn't cause I have some level of restraint.

With Alcohol-

I have a high tolerance as I've already said and I drank 100 ml of 70 prof and didn't feel shit. My friend mixed the two and he's a lightweight for alcohol, so he said it was awesome. He also told me about a study that showed alcohol cancels out the long term health effects of DXM, but you may have to check into that yourself. I'd have to say just mix the two if you want though.

With Weed-

I won't lie, I'm a retard on weed. It hits me fast too. I was already high on DXM when my friend brought in some DANK as bud, I love weed culture, just not a pot-head, but holding good bud is the most amazing feeling. So without hesitation we lit that shit up. This is going to be tricky to explain though, because DXM and weed literally fight over making you high, you have feel the DXM high for two minutes and a second later and weed high and then jump right back into a DXM high again. The weed won inevitably though, and the rest of the night was all a weed high, which I'm not going to go into.

WeightAmount of Pills

When you write "pills" what dosage are each pills? Is it Pure DXM that your talking about or is it an OTC med? but nice info, also, what plateau do you think you were hitting... it sounds like a 1 or 2?

Well the gel capsules I took were 15 ml each, I bought them online, on amazon (amazing right), but they were pure DXM like I said. its OTC cough medicine so you could find something just like it at a store, likely Robitussin -I got some rip off pills of Robitussin (but they worked awesome and were probably better)- just make sure you read the ingredients label because some are non-narcotic which aren't going to have the DXM. Anyways I only got to the first plateau (which is all you really need to get to) from what I read, but some of the stuff described about DXM plateaus didn't exactly fit what I felt. The way you should look at DXM is if you take too little, you're not going to feel anything. You take some pills and feel high but not very much seems different, take 1 or two more pills. You find an amount that makes you feel happy and things seem different and euphoric, stick with it, taking more is only going to make everything feel like its spinning it doesn't increase feeling of euphoria.

I think you meant 15mg, and yeh I only use robitussin unless I can get pure in a cap or something (ive never seen pressed dxm pills) and yeh DXM is different for everyone and the plateau's at best are just a brief description in relation to dose, and yes you probably would of only hit 1st maybe low 2nd but I prefer dxm in wayyy higher doses. I generally have about 1200mg-1500mg and DXM becomes VERY VERY intense with a massive body load at high doses. But I don't recommend doing that until you "know the ropes" (sorry to be cliché). Because I have seen people flip the FUCK OUT on high dxm doses. I personally don't see whats soo intense about DXM I sortve like the feeling of the bodyload and being too fucked up too walk or talk properly (if at all). And you need to be VERY careful about what brand you get because it not only are there anti narcotic brands there are also brands containing APAP/Paracetamol, gaufensin etc, and paracetamol will kill you 2 days later in a slow painfull death from liver failure and gauphensis will make you chuck your guts up repetitively for hours... not fun. I guess is what im getting at is DXM can be very good and mildly stimulating and euphoric in small doses but a massively intense psychedelic (almost) experience in high doses. Its characteristics completely change the higher the dose.

BE CAREFUL :)