• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM Tolerance

Phil.McKeer

Bluelighter
Ok, so...I dosed ~300mgs of DXM about an hour and a half ago. And...I feel almost nothing. I mean, I can tell I took it, but the first time I did it I took ~120mgs and was WAAAAAAY higher than I am now 30 minutes in (I was seeing double). WTF? The last time I took DXM was 15 days ago!

I haven't experienced this kind of tolerance increase with anything...not even short-acting full agonist opioids. So...I guess my question is...what the fuck is going on? Have you experienced anything like this?

Wow, that was intense! I didn't sleep a wink, but somehow I feel like a million bucks...I think that might have knocked some things around in the ol' cranium (like those times when your electronics don't work, so you HIT them, then they start working again).

And...this is a weird drug. It has slightly different effects every time. The first time I took it, I wouldn't describe it as a "trip", in fact I remember I characterized it as kind of benzo-ey, kind of GHB-like. This time, it was for sure a "trip" and not somnolescent at all, but still very fun.

Watch out June the 28th, I'm going to rip you up!

Try some higher dosages. You haven't really experienced DXM. If you thorougly enjoyed 300mg, then 900mg wouldn't be too bad of a recommendation. I find it to be a very good dose. i would try it.

Or get a bottle of delsym. It is 888mg of DXM polistirex, which is extended release. So it's equivalent to maybe 4-500of Hbr - something like that I think (I"m not entirely sure, maybe somebody else can correct me) - and you can easily extract to get pure powder by simply using water and a pop bottle. Just do a quick google search on how to do it. You don't even have to do syrup or drink pills.

Yeah great advise, just jump straight from 300 to 900....not...terrible idea

I then advised him to do the polistirex instead. which is equal to 4 -500mg of DXM Hbr. Maybe I should have deleted it. Sorry.

Yeah, I was eyeing the Delsym. I understand DXM polystirex is extended release (or at least described that way because the elimination half-life is longer)? The only thing that kept me from getting it was it had guaifanesin (sp?) in it. There's a chance I missed the pure formulation due to haste, but I'll maybe try a different pharmacy next time.

I'll give it two-ish weeks. Thanks Blue!

Yeah, I was eyeing the Delsym. I understand DXM polystirex is extended release (or at least described that way because the elimination half-life is longer)? The only thing that kept me from getting it was it had guaifanesin (sp?) in it. There's a chance I missed the pure formulation due to haste, but I'll maybe try a different pharmacy next time.

I'll give it two-ish weeks. Thanks Blue!

Delsym does not contain guaifenesin.

I'm so fucking scared to trip on DXM. I've had like max 250mg and I guess that's like second plateu or so.

It did feel incredibly clean though. My preferred OTC.

Actually I should pick that up with the baclofen.

DXM is one of my favorite drugs. It can be frightening at first (I thought I was dying the first time - was at me grandma's house and begged her to take me to the hospital (lol my grandfather grabbed me and shook me and told me to man the fuck bitch - he's a real fucking dick). Most of my friends have had panic attacks their first time.

But you didn't!

Try 600mg of Hbr. But don't use any combination products and don't use cough syrups. Use the cough gels or delsym. You can easily extract delsym with water and a bottle for pure DXM polistirex. Look it up online.

I would recommend for your second time you do an extraction on a 5fl oz bottle of delsym and take that with some soda. It will last longer and I bet you will thoroughly enjoy it.