View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM suddenly ZERO effect?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I take DXM probably 2 or 3 times a month. I only weight around 100lb so I usually take 200-250mg for a low second plateau and it always works fine.

Tonight I took 350mg trying for a high second-plateau experience. However, it is nearly three hours later and have had absolutely no effect from the DXM?
I had a bowl of cereal before it when I normally only take it on an empty stomach, but done nothing else different from normal.

Why would it just suddenly do nothing for me? I'd really been looking forward to this.

EDIT: 4hr45min in. I guess it definitely isnt going to happen. :/

Last edited:
I have experienced this.

The food probably reduced some of the effects alone, that’s not abnormal. But it’s probably more you have experienced a kind of tolerance/habituation. It’s not like tolerance with opioids, but there is a kind of tolerance that develops overtime.

Subjective effects (the experience) and quantitative aspects (tolerance) both will tend to can change over time. And it isn’t just with frequent use; even very infrequent use led to the effects changing significantly over time (first for the better, then in less than helpful ways).

350mg used to get me to a very special place when I had first gotten friendly with the stuff. No matter what dose those effects are impossible now, regardless of how much abstinence from the stuff I have. I can tolerate much higher doses though, providing more pronounced entheogenic effects. The downside is I also have to take a bit more than I would have to get to a nice 2nd or 3rd plateau dose.

What I find particularly interesting is that if I take DXM one day, if I use it again the next day I will get stronger effects (recapturing more of the original “magic”). It’s a fascinating substance. Too bad it wasn’t more user friendly in terms of health.

Gonna move this to PD

OD->PD

That makes sense. I just think going from a dose of 250mg doing the job to literally the next dose of 350mg not working at all is extreme. I have around 400mg left. I wonder if I take that tomorrow would it be enough? I'll for sure not eat tomorrow. I must have WILDLY underestimated how much food takes away from the experience.

What negative health effects did you get from dxm?