• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM story and questions about possible health concerns

I just want to add a word of caution for those taking diphenhydramine in this thread (along with people reading it who aren't registered members): you have to be CAREFUL. I took 250 to sleep.
a 36 count bottle.

I woke up in the morning and the whole bottle of diphenhydramine was gone along with 10 of my temazepams and the rest of my fioricets. of which I only had 6 left.

The amnesia can cause is SERIOUS and you can end up doing VERY DANGEROUS things so don't underestimate and think it is harmless to take a bunch of it...

I took like 10 benadryl 25mg pills one time in opiate withdrawal because I felt horrible and hadn't slept in 2 days and I thought it would help. I'm pretty sit just made it worse and it actually made my anxiety worse and made my heart start skipping beats.

Diphenhydramine kills your heart. Another reason why overdose is so dangerous.

DrugPrimary usesPotential effects on heart rhythmPrimary mechanism of arrhythmogenesis
NONCARDIAC DRUGS
[h=3]Antihistamines[/h]
DrugPrimary usesPotential effects on heart rhythmPrimary mechanism of arrhythmogenesis
First-generation:Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), chlorpheniramine (ChlorTrimeton), clemastine (Tavist), brompheniramine (Dimetane-DX, others), hydroxyzine (Atarax, others), othersAllergy, cold symptoms, insomnia, motion sicknessSinus tachycardia; conduction abnormalities leading to ventricular arrhythmias (such as tachycardia, torsades de pointes), which may be similar to effects seen in quinidine toxicityCholinergic receptor blockade; increased atrioventricular (AV) nodal conduction (histamine decreases AV conduction)

I probably didn't say that in the best way. I know obviously smoking marijuana isn't near as dangerous as most drugs what I meant is that I know it was a drug and I know that I'm taking a risk by using it. Anyway. Like I said, I'm not going to be doing OTC drugs and I have since then went to the hospital and am perfectly healthy. As for the person who asked why I didn't just do shrooms or LSD instead is because I had experienced those before and just wanted to try something different. Also I moved and don't trust anyone here with that stuff and have heard a lot about the people here saying to not buy any LSD or MDMA down here because they've never found anything pure down here.