• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dxm second plateau?

haleyhaleyhaley

Bluelighter
so i want to do dxm but i have some questions/concerns

i'm planning on taking 300mg, which according to tripsit (for my height and weight) should put me in a low-mid second plateau

but before i do, i just want to make sure it's safe, because:

• i have an irregular heartbeat (it's benign, but my doctor was less than pleased when they found out somebody prescribed me amphetamines withh my heart, so idk??)
  • i had a couple swigs of tequila earlier (5-6 hours ago, hardly any. not even a buzz)
  • i take 25mg adderall xr in the mornings, but i haven't taken it in a couple days.

i'm sure none of those matter, but better safe than sorry.

i already looked on erowid/tripsit/bl/reddit but didn't find much. what might the effects be? will music enhance it?

also, what's the ideal way to go about this? i was thinking laying in bed and maybe listening to music. is it better to do it in the dark? with the tv on (mute)? my only thing is that i have a loft bed, so i'd be like 6 feet in the air. is that safe? bc my floor is filthy and will almost certainly be a hazard.

it's late and everybody in my house is either asleep or in retired to their rooms for the night, and i usually don't get up on the weekends until noon or a little later. will the effects be gone by then? will the afterglow give me away?

i'm already kind of tired. i can probably stay up for another two or three hours sober. will i still fall asleep if the dxm is in full swing?

lastly: anything else? tips? should i keep water handy? what about when i have to go to the bathroom? will climbing down and walking the ten feet be difficult/impossible? is there anything else i should know? i pretty much have to stay in my room (except bathroom, etc) because my family is up pretty early, though they don't bother me until 12:30ish if i'm not out by then. (also my lock is broken so i've been using a door alarm wedge thing to keep people out rip)

this is my first time, and i'm using robotussin long-acting coughgels (the only active ingredient is dxm.) help?

You should be fine, I would be careful climbing down out of that bed as dxm can make walking difficult/motor skills impaired. 300 mgs. isn't that high of a dose, but it is your first time so there's no telling how it may affect you.

A small pecentage of people are hypesensitve to dxm, while others are the opposite and don't feel much from it. In all likelihood you'll catch a nice buzz though. That's a good starting dose to get a feel for it without getting too fucked up.

I would definitely have water at the ready, as dxm can dehydrate somewhat and sometimes you won't feel thirsty, but you should still remember to drink water anyway. Oh, and you may already know this but dxm can take around an hour to kick in. You may feel some nausea on the comeup, but it will subside.

Have you done a first plateau dose before? If not I would try that first. Might want to let someone know what you are going to do so they can check on you, just in case, you know.

i haven't done any dissociatives before, so this will be my first dxm trip. i was thinking about starting small. my only issue is that it will be very difficult to get more (couldn't find any dxm-only products in my town), so i figured low 2nd plateau isn't as bad as the upper two. maybe it would be smarter to start small. i just don't want to have the option of two first plateaus and feel nothing (it's rlly hard to get high for me?? like i've taken doses of 80mg oxy and 150mg adderall with no tolerance and felt nothing at all, and wasted a bunch of money in the process) as opposed to one second plateau dose and feel something, if that makes any sense?