• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(DXM) Robotrip Magic Gone & Other Permanent Effects. Am I Alone?

Tussin_Space

Greenlighter
Read 2nd section for details of post title, 1st section is background for those who might have some understanding of what happened.

Before I start, DXM in higher doses turns into PCP in your body. A nurse researched this after I was admitted to the hospital and then the psych ward and she told me I had PCP in my system, but all I did was robotrip on a higher amount than usual.

About 4 years ago I started robotripping. I started on 1 box of Coricidin Cough & Cold, which is 480MG. After maybe 3 or 4 months, I noticed the effects were dimming, so I moved up to 1 1/2 boxes, 720MG. I was doing it at least every 3 or 4 days minimum, sometimes night after night until I was forced to sleep for a full day or more to function. I once did 2 boxes before really needing to, which is when I hit the 5th plateau for my first time, scared me to death when I couldn't tell if my light was on, if I had music going or not, and thinking I was trapped in some mental ward like this, lol. Anyway, I eventually moved up to 2 boxes at a time, 960MG, after another couple months of extreme use. I didn't know what addiction was yet, and thought I had control of it. I was actually tripping to hallucinate so I could see my ex fiancee, we'd split up shortly before I started using, which was why I used. I became entrapped in this state of psychosis and schitzo personality of being some spiritual being. When robotripping, I felt like I was my soul, and my body was a robot that my soul lived in, best way I can think to describe it. I went in and out of mental health wards, eventually left home to continue use of DXM without being fussed at by my parents. My dad is a preacher and they only wanted to help me, but I didn't want it. One night I had taken my entire month's supply of trazadone (Thankfully not on it anymore, it sucks) and somewhere around 2,000MG of DXM. From what I found investigating (Just like The Hangover movie), I was in my hotel room (mix of halfway house and hotel, not monitored much) for 2 weeks without being seen. I remember after taking all those pills, I was back in California with my ex just living a normal life with her, of course weird things happened like they do in dreams, but they seemed completely normal. A psychiatrist told me I most likely, but he cannot medically diagnose this, had a psychological breakdown and was trapped in psychosis for the 2 weeks. Somehow I survived. Moving on.. I'd used about every form of DXM except ever extracting it, gels, tussin liquid, delsym, etc. One night after downing 2 big bottles of delsym, I noticed the magic had disappeared.

Here is what it used to be like when tripping. I would start to feel the come up, eyes dialate, things start becoming surreal and interesting. Then I slip into the tussin space in a full trip. Some people don't I heard, but I'm one of the ones who sweat profusely while tripping. Like walking around downtown outside in Wisconsin in December at midnight in shorts and a t-shirt, tripping, and feeling great. That's negative degree weather FYI. So, I had the magical body orgasm flowing through me, lie back and feel like I'm flying, controlling where the direction shifts to. Hallucinations, dissassociation, music sounds 1 billion times better, like I could hear every instrument separate at different times than they are really played, yet altogether at once. Thoughts are completely strode everywhere, and I feel like I know the answer to all the major universal questions to life and spirituality.
So, now what's happening is, I still have the dialated eyes on the come up, I feel the surrealness. But it's like I never pass that threshhold into the tussin space. I actually get cold to where I need a blanket or hoodie on to be comfortable, which is the exact opposite of what it used to do. No sweating, still fast heartbeat, can't tell if my eyes or closed or not due to closed eye visuals. There's no more body orgasms, no flying around, I feel my body perfectly, except for a tad bit of numbness. I still have the metallic tussin taste you get. I'm not all that dissassociated or tripping, no intensity. Music is like 20% as awesome as it used to be tripping. Some of the weirdness of tripping is still there mentally. I've heard and read about the '50 trip limit', it's not literal, just that there is a limit. I have a couple friends who have the same problem of the magic being gone while tripping, and we've not been able to figure it out, as none of us are that well versed in chemicals in the body and such. I am now on 100MG Zoloft a day, Tramadol 200MG 4 times a day, Soma 350MG twice a day. But I wasn't on this until a few months ago. I even read somewhere that waiting a year to let your tolerance die off helps, but I did that, and not a thing changed. I also read something about taking certain nutrients and vitamins to restore certain chemicals in your body helps, but haven't done that. I now have problems with my body overheating on its own, without any drugs. I am almost always hotter than everyone else. If a room is cold to everyone else, I am usually somewhat comfortable. Dxm has definitely dumbed me down, I am half as smart as I used to be, brain damage? Does anyone else have experience with this or understand what has happened? Is there any way to get the magic back? I miss the tussin space.
Also, I've tried drinking grapefruit juice beforehand because I know it enhances it, but it just made the non trip more intense, if that makes sense, lol. And, is it possible I just need to move up to 3 boxes of CCC's? My only problem with trying that is the urinary retention, I've had to get countless catheters due to this, always with 960MG or above though, never lower. So i'm afraid I will go through this again with a much higher dose. And last thing, as part of my current issues, I forgot to mention that I have a bit of trouble urinating now, without being on meds, and just the slightest bit of opioids can cause me to not be able to pee without some assistance (guys if you know the technique I mean, to make your urine flow), and when I take a #2 on the toilet, I cannot hold back the urine if I have to pee at all, in the process. I assume this is from the catheters or DXM, or both.
.END.

it doesn't turn into pcp, it tests as pcp.

i've done dxm over 1000 times and like you i can't trip on it anymore, just a buzz.

From the sounds of the dosages, frequency of use and overall lack of responsibility or moderation in dosing, I think it's safe to say that the magic is, and has been gone for quite some time. Frankly, if you are at the point where you cannot even feel anything from extremely high doses and you've had to get countless catheters due to repeated usage, I'd say it's probably time to stop. Please don't take this as medical advice as I am not a physician by any means, but if you value your health at all, I would strongly suggest abstaining from DXM for as long as possible, if not indefinitely.

Not to mention all the CCCs with CPM, I mean that kind of DXM abuse will fuck you over no mater what, but with the CPM in the CCCs you're lucky to be alive and able to type somewhat coherently. The meds you are on are not helping in your quest to trip and I'd worry the Tramadol would be dangerous if you insist upon yet more DXM.
I didn't get as bad as you but, I did abuse DXM once or twice a week for the better part of a decade to the point of just not being that magical anymore and feeling dumber, disconnected. I took a few years off and it 'aint like the first time, but it's better the couple times a year I use it.
I'd just try to put it out of your mind and maybe find a new class of drugs to abuse for a few years. At least switch to a product that only contains DXM for your health.

I strugglef with triple C's for a while you just gotta take more and more. I kept upping my dose until I ate 4 1/2 boxes and had my stomach pumped. Dxm tolerance takes a while tp restore...I used to gp in and out of phases using it. Also btw, you tested positive for pcp because dxm, PCp, and ketamime are all in The same drug class ( dissociative analgesic))

Welcome to bluelight, you might wanna check out the medication you're taking, Zoloft will dull the effect of dxm & so will tramadol as it is an ssri/partial opiate. So the tramadol probably explains your being warmer then anyone else & both Zoloft & tramadol are probably dulling your trip.
Try abstaining for 1-2 weeks or atleast a couple days, and try robot ripping, I'm almost 85% positive you'll feel the effects back to normal. Also bro, try and calm down on the tripping you can really damage your body with dxm especially with CPM in the ccc's try just taking the gels when you trip. I have noticed its alot cleaner trip then triple ccc's, you'll feel alot better the next day, be safe.

Eeughhh... Lots of DXM. The most pressing problem I see here is that you're taking triple Cs. They contain ingredients other than DXM that are VERY HARMFUL TO THE BODY! As in you need to stop taking CCCs, and anything else that contains chemicals other than DXM right now, for ever, no exceptions. If you value your life you MUST do this, it's a wonder your liver hasn't failed ten times over yet. Count yourself lucky, stop dosing things with multiple ingredients, and let your body try to restore itself from all the damage you've undoubtably done.

That brings me to number two: you need to stop using DXM at all, not just triple Cs, and I think it should go so far as to quit all drugs, no exceptions, for a good long while. Your body and mind have been scrambled beyond belief by abusing DXM and multi-ingredient preparations to the extent you have. I think you will find after some time has passed that you will feel infinitely better and more healthy than you do now.

So yeah, if you value not just your health but your life itself, cease and desist with the CCCs, forever, no exceptions or cop outs, period. And then if you value your health and well-fair at all you must totally stop using DXM at all, and I highly suggest stopping the use of any drug at all in fact, before it is too late, because you're undoubtably balanced on that knife edge between permanent damage and possible recovery, and even then certain things may not repair themselves ever, like your bladder function. But better to stop using so as to at least try to get better than to continue to make the situation even worse than it is now, and believe me when I say it is already very much worse than any other disassociative abuse case that I have seen or heard, and I've seen a few. I'm not a doctor or medical professional, just a common person *exercising my common sense* since your abuse has apparently gone so far as to impair any ability to react to common sense on your own.

Please take my advice and the advice of others in this thread. A life is a terrible thing to waste and destroy, and you're well down that road already as it stands.

Good luck.

I have also heavily abused DXM and have also "lost the magic". I just feel really out of it, dysphoria, weird skin crawling feeling, headache, stomach ache. I havent binged in years, but every now and then(about once a year) I get the urge and take DXM again. It always disappoints, leaving me with only negative symptoms. I guess me and you might just have to accept that DXM will never be the same. Once you cross that line there is no going back, the fun is lost.

The harmful ingredient in CCC's is Chlorpheniramine Maleate(CPM). CPM and DXM are both metabolized by the same enzyme in the liver, which causes an increases the half life of both. CPM already has a half life of 22-27 hours and that is when taken at normal doses. So, by you taking CCCs 3-4 days a week you never let the CPM completely leave your body. You are lucky to be alive. I have done excessive amounts of DXM, both high single doses and long binges of repeated dosing. I have also used almost all the OTC forms of DXM, including CCCs. I highly recommend you take products that contain only DXM as an active ingredient this will greatly help your body and mind. Not to say DXM by itself is good for you, but way less bad than combining with other substances especially CPM.

DXM, PCP and Ketamine are not analgesics, they are dissociative anaesthetics. big difference.

On a side note, that is a crazy amount of tramadol for a doctor to prescribe. I thought the Max daily dose was 400mg and you're taking twice that with Zoloft. That's just asking for serotonin syndrome. Are you being prescribed Tramadol and Zoloft by the same doctor?

id been wondering if dxm was pcp..

got to try it tho .. would be nice to smoke dips instead of all the capsules

DXM is not PCP, but they are both in the same drug class. So, DXM may cause a false positive on a drug test for PCP. I agree smoking a cigs worth would be way better then downing all the gelcaps, pills, or syrups. Just dipping a cig in cough syrup certainly wouldn't work, but I do not know if inhalation is a viable Route of Administration for DXM. It might be smokeable if you get the pure extract or somehow get a freebase form.

I accidentally stumbled on the DXM/gabapentin interaction... It launched me into a 24 hour trip that was anything but pleasant, I highly recommend not messing with that combo they mention in the above thread. I was so messed up that my roommate was scared - and it was from just 600mg of gabapentin when I had been taking 60mg of Delsym twice a day for a week...

Anyway, I hit the trip ceiling myself some years ago. I left it alone entirely for 2 years and on a whim with a buddy, we both wanted to trip but didn't feel like doing any research chems so we opted for DXM. I hit first plateau from a 4 ounce bottle of Robo Max Cough... Meanwhile he had a high 3rd plateau, bordering 4th plateau at times, and I ended up trip sitting him with slight dysphoria all night.

Very strange. I was abusing it daily though when I was doing it. Even going to work on it. So maybe its for the best that I don't respond anymore.

I refuse to answer any questions on why your magic has left or any way to get it back, this is a harm reduction forum after all.
You quit to quit DXM, quit using drugs, especially any dissociatives.
You went into a psychosis for two weeks and this doesn't scare you?
You're obviously in a very fragile mental state and any drug use will not help.
Quit DXM, keep seeing your psychiatrist, and please please try to get your life back to normal.

So many questions/statements here for the OP if they come back to bl

I can relate ! Triple cs fucked me up physically and mentally , Its unexplainable . My effects during my use would be : shaking , slurring,over heating,hot flashes,shaking,twitching,confusion,pupil dialation, lost of skin color,anxiety, memory lost,dreaming awake,when I walked i felt really short like a midget , i would see my hands turn purple , the hallways would shrink short, one hour felt like three hours,no appetite...

After a year of being sober and overcoming my addiction , I have permanent side effects(witch I never had before) that include.. body overheating , I sweat excessively in cold rooms , i shake ,I have closed eye visuals, memory loss,anxiety, stuttering,slurring,twitching,dark shadows on my eyevision,poor focus,flashbacks,and hot flashes.

Triple cs fucked me up physically and mentally , Its unexplainable .

No, it's explainable. Triple Cs are incredibly dangerous to abuse. The chlorphenamine and the DXM interact/potentiate each other and chlorphenamine is pretty bad all by itself in high doses. The most basic research could have spared you a lot of anguish.

Wow, after all these years I came back across this thread I posted. I'm still alive and well. Haven't robotripped since I posted. For those of you wondering, I was one very bad emotional state and didn't care if I died. Now I am living with the after effects that I know will never leave me. To be honest, I still do miss the tussin space and wish I could visit, but I won't. Turns out I was diagnosed with "undeveloped schizophrenia" just last year. I now understand how bad drugs are, I just wish drugs weren't a catch 22. Can't understand why you should run scared until you've done them, at which point it is too late. The understanding of drugs is the downfall. But I appreciate all the feedback and concern you guys gave me.
To answer about tramadol though, I actually stopped soon after because I had a seizure from them. Luckily my liver is still intact. :)