View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Question

Natural420

Greenlighter
So I plan on taking DXM for the first time tonight, but I hear about this enzyme deficiency thing. The bottle I have has 354 mg of DXM. Should I take 50mg, wait an hour, and then down the rest of the bottle? Would taking the whole 354mg with the enzyme deficiency be dangerous? As in death/coma? I've looked it up but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of research on how much to take to test for this deficiency, and I don't wanna waste 100mg just to find out I don't have the deficiency and then having to go out and buy another bottle. I'm ~62kg so even if I waste 50mg on the test, 304mg plus the slightly metabolized 50mg should still give a decent high right?

I'm pretty sure I've taken DXM as a child for coughing with no adverse reactions.

Also, if you were enzyme deficient, what would 50mg do to you? I've heard that enzyme deficiency can potentiate the effects by up to 3 to 4 times, so that would be like hitting a decent first plateu? I just did 50 mg instead of waiting for tonight.

Okay, I definitely don't have this enzyme deficiency thing. How good of an experience do you think 304 mg would be like for ~62 kg person? I know I won't be full on tripping, but hoe nice is a moderate second plateu trip like?

Last edited:
I dont think you would get death or coma, but the trip could last you two-three weeks and that is no good. Its unlikley that you have the enzyme deficiency, but i would take a barley-above-threshold does if i were you. But if you were me, you would chug the whole bottle because you would be a headstrong idiot

DXM is not too bad. It is not nice, in a way that your body feels nice IME. I feel uncomfortable while sitting and keep on moving around. Very restless. But, I really enjoy playing video games whilst under its influence. The entire environment of the game changes. It can also help pass time if you need to get a high, but in comparison with illicit substances, it does not stand a chance in my opinion.

Also, I never dose small and then redoes later on the same day (the big dose). It never works as effectively as taking the entire dose at once, trust me. So just check that you are not enzyme deficient/allergic on a separate day, and then chow down the 300mg at once on another day.

This drug seemed like a complete waste to me. I waited 2+ hours for something to happen, and the only noticeable effect was that I was thinking a lot less. I eventually just got tired of waiting and went to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and was definitely feeling something, but it wasn't really much of a high. I couldn't really think, like at all. It's like my thoughts were completely gone and that freaked me out. I felt like I had mad tunnel vision. My awareness decreased significantly. I also felt like I had dropped like 50 IQ points. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I definitely had robo-walk. I felt like a complete retard haha. Another thing is that I was going through some weird breakthroughs. Because my thoughts had pretty much vanished, I could think clearly on problems in my life and see them from a better perspective. All in all, probably never going to do this again. The high is not worth the wait to me. I know I didn't do a big dose, but it just doesn't have a lot to offer as compared to pot, shrooms, and LSD.

Because my thoughts had pretty much vanished, I could think clearly on problems in my life and see them from a better perspective.

Haha seems as though you did have thoughts though ;)

Next time take 600mg if you wanna trip hard, the experience changes tons with higher doses; it certainly has as much to offer as weed and LSD, more imo. Also smoking weed with it makes it way stronger.

This drug seemed like a complete waste to me. I waited 2+ hours for something to happen, and the only noticeable effect was that I was thinking a lot less. I eventually just got tired of waiting and went to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and was definitely feeling something, but it wasn't really much of a high. I couldn't really think, like at all. It's like my thoughts were completely gone and that freaked me out. I felt like I had mad tunnel vision. My awareness decreased significantly. I also felt like I had dropped like 50 IQ points. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I definitely had robo-walk. I felt like a complete retard haha. Another thing is that I was going through some weird breakthroughs. Because my thoughts had pretty much vanished, I could think clearly on problems in my life and see them from a better perspective. All in all, probably never going to do this again. The high is not worth the wait to me. I know I didn't do a big dose, but it just doesn't have a lot to offer as compared to pot, shrooms, and LSD.
strange. with the dose you mentioned I usually come up fully in more or less an hour and it gives me a most pleasurable body high but it doesn't change my thought patterns by a lot. what I mean is that it's more of a very pleasant body high rather than a mindfuck.
maybe give it another chance upping the dosage a bit?

Haha seems as though you did have thoughts though ;)

Next time take 600mg if you wanna trip hard, the experience changes tons with higher doses; it certainly has as much to offer as weed and LSD, more imo. Also smoking weed with it makes it way stronger.
Well when I was coming down and could start to think again. In general, it was just such an odd feeling. I just felt so disconnected in a weird way. I literally had no thoughts. I didn't know what I wanted to do, what I was doing, or what things meant. I thought I was losing my mind so I panicked a little bit. I would try going back to sleep, and would immediately be taken into a different world, as if I was in a dream. Yet, I was completely awake. Once I calmed down, I started thinking that not being able to think was actually a good thing, as my mind is normally racing and that it's weird for me to panic over finally having some mental peace, as opposed to the constant chatter in my head. Maybe I'll try it again. I just can't believe I waited 2+ hours for nothing and only felt something when I woke up in the middle of the night.

^^ from how you describe the experience it doesn't sound as you just felt *something* it actually sounds quite a trip :) maybe it's just the effect dissociatives have on you and you didn't like it? was it your first time trying dissos? (which IMHO are great great drugs)

^^ from how you describe the experience it doesn't sound as you just felt *something* it actually sounds quite a trip :) maybe it's just the effect dissociatives have on you and you didn't like it? was it your first time trying dissos? (which IMHO are great great drugs)

I'll probably try it again. Do you know if CVS is the only place to get DXM only products. I checked walmart and they either had the DXM plus Guaifenesin Robitussin or the DXM Polistirex (Delsym). I just prefer places with self check out because the people at the counter can tell if you're buying that stuff to trip when you walk up there with just two bottles of DXM only CVS brand tussin. Not like it really matters, I just hate the stigma that comes with it you know?

RIte Aid and Walgreens here sell dmx alone in something called Adult Tussin. Its the same formula as you described 354mg in 3oz and only dxm.

Id say you should have known depending on metabolism the come up time is usually between 1-3 hours when I used to do it like 3 yrs ago itd take me 3 hours each time but stay awake and do it when you're not sleepy so you dont just go to sleep and blame the come up time and the effects as being a sleep aid type effect. At 354 with no tolerance you will definitely have a trip no need to do more than 500mg without a tolerance it gets pretty hairy Id just say look for some ketamine much cleaner dissociative to go all out on but you will still have a nice trip and euphoria try it again and actually trip while "awake" the body euphoria combined with the trippyness makes for 4 hours of fun I always used to watch trippy cartoons while peaking but everybody has their own activity they do when they trip lol.

Wow, a pleasant high rather than a mindfuck? Are you kidding? When I am on about 300mg of DXM I hate the body load but love how my perception changes when I play games. It is like a total different game, is that not a mindfuck?
Maybe because I love opiates and that is my benchmark for body buzz. On opiates my body feels great but when I game, the games look the same as they do whilst sober, that to me is a body buzz...

I'll probably try it again. Do you know if CVS is the only place to get DXM only products. I checked walmart and they either had the DXM plus Guaifenesin Robitussin or the DXM Polistirex (Delsym). I just prefer places with self check out because the people at the counter can tell if you're buying that stuff to trip when you walk up there with just two bottles of DXM only CVS brand tussin. Not like it really matters, I just hate the stigma that comes with it you know?

I don't live in the U.S.A., I'm sorry. unfortunately here supermarkets don't sell DXM products :( but I consider myself lucky that most people here don't know about "alternative" DXM uses, so i just go to a pharmacy and ask for the syrup :)

Wow, a pleasant high rather than a mindfuck? Are you kidding? ...
Maybe because I love opiates and that is my benchmark for body buzz. On opiates my body feels great but when I game, the games look the same as they do whilst sober, that to me is a body buzz...

I'm an exheroin addict and I find 300mg dxm to mostly be a body high with little mindfuck. I might be a bit tolerant though, and usually stagger my doses which makes for a more chill experience.

Oh man, so lucky. I wish I could enjoy a body high from DXM....I usually take about 300mg with some Valium and I still do not enjoy the body buzz. Without Valium, I can not stand it. Opiates are just sooooooo muuccchhh better drools.

How do you stagger your doses for a better body high? What format?

Take a whole 8 Oz bottle of DXM Max. Trust me . Haha back in the day i used to robo trip hard and all the time. Its deff freaky at first takes some getting used too espcially when you start having out of body expiernces IE looking at yourself from the cieling while your laying in the bed. but once you get used to it , its fucking awesome music is just great also its great if you have to worry about piss test at your job because they dont test for DXM. Smoke a bowl too adds to the mellow of the trip. haha if robo wasnt so damn disgusting to drink then i would robo trip more often. But stick with Robotussin OR Coriceden Cough and Cold. AKA tripple c's IMO those are the most potent i have tried almost everything else .... IE Mucinex Delsyum none of that crap every works for me.

Oh man, so lucky. I wish I could enjoy a body high from DXM....I usually take about 300mg with some Valium and I still do not enjoy the body buzz. Without Valium, I can not stand it. Opiates are just sooooooo muuccchhh better drools.

IMO opiates are the best drug out there. However when i was younger in my teens i love Xanax Bars and the Opiates would make me sick sick sick... now im in my late 20's. Xanax makes me sick sick sick and opiates are the bomb.

I do like the opioid body high better as well. DXM inhibits enzymes that metabolize it into DXO, and a higher DXM to DXO ratio is more gentle and chill. I usually dose my dxm over a couple hours. DXM actually also is a trivial mu-opioid agonist. I'm excited tonight I'll be experienting with mixing it with loperamide for a legal opioid(ish) experience.

I do like the opioid body high better as well. DXM inhibits enzymes that metabolize it into DXO, and a higher DXM to DXO ratio is more gentle and chill. I usually dose my dxm over a couple hours. DXM actually also is a trivial mu-opioid agonist. I'm excited tonight I'll be experienting with mixing it with loperamide for a legal opioid(ish) experience.

make sure to report back please!