• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM Purity test?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
If I've gotten 100 grams of DXM HBr powder from a Chinese seller. I need to test it as best as I can to ensure it is 1) Safe and doesn't have harmful contaminates 2) Doesn't contain other drugs and 3) Would like to know it is generally pure

What is the best way of doing this (obviously can't pay tons of money to send to expensive labs and such, but maybe I can convince someone at my local University to do some lab stuff if needed?). Any good suggestions to keep things as cheap as possible?

First step might be to buy some marquis reagent online, which is pretty inexpensive

DXM would turn dark grey and eventually black. This of course wouldn't alert you to any minor contaminants or adulturants, nor will tell you its purity. But the reagent will let you know if it is probably DXM or not.

First step might be to buy some marquis reagent online, which is pretty inexpensive

DXM would turn dark grey and eventually black. This of course wouldn't alert you to any minor contaminants or adulturants, nor will tell you its purity. But the reagent will let you know if it is probably DXM or not.
Thanks! I'll do a bit of testing with that, is there anything else I can do to ensure it's safe to take?

Thanks! I'll do a bit of testing with that, is there anything else I can do to ensure it's safe to take?

Titrate up to an active dose after performing colorimetric reagent tests showing the appropriate results. Sending a sample to Wedinos might be another option, but I'm not sure how that works depending on where in the world you are. On the bright side, assuming you got legit DXM, 100g should last you quite a while.

Titrate up to an active dose after performing colorimetric reagent tests showing the appropriate results. Sending a sample to Wedinos might be another option, but I'm not sure how that works depending on where in the world you are. On the bright side, assuming you got legit DXM, 100g should last you quite a while.
What do you mean by "titrate up an active dose"? Not familiar with the process there.

Also, this is just my test order. I'm going to be getting probably another 500-1000 grams more, so I can... Probably share with buddies and have enough for a while. I also got an amazing price on it. Wish I could say how much I got it for here but it's against the rules... Let's just say, I'm paying a fraction of the price from the $10 bottle of 60 capsules 15mg each. Can't wait to start trying this stuff in pure powder form and share it with others.

What do you mean by "titrate up an active dose"? Not familiar with the process there.

Also, this is just my test order. I'm going to be getting probably another 500-1000 grams more, so I can... Probably share with buddies and have enough for a while. I also got an amazing price on it. Wish I could say how much I got it for here but it's against the rules... Let's just say, I'm paying a fraction of the price from the $10 bottle of 60 capsules 15mg each. Can't wait to start trying this stuff in pure powder form and share it with others.

Titration is the slow, cautious process of working up to a full dose, starting at a level far below the expected psychoactive doses. This is meant to prevent overdose deaths if a chemical is mislabeled and prevent severe adverse effects if there is a toxic impurity.

When I got my last batch, I used a marquis test to identify the compound as DXM
, then dosed 2mg on one day 4mg the next day, then continue doubling the dose each day until I hit at least 120mg or so before trying a recreational dose. I do this with not just every chemical, but every new batch as well. There have been any number of cases of mislabeled chemicals causing severe adverse reactions and overdose deaths in recent years. This methodology for trying out new substances is similar to the way Shulgin worked up to active doses anytime he and his team were working on something new. I start with a sub-1mg dose to ensure theres no bromodragonfly or any 25x-nbome present or any highly dose sensitive dissociatives present.

Most people tell me my practice is too slow and unnecessary, but when dealing with pure chemicals active in the milligram range, often coming from sketchy Chinese labs, caution is warranted. I might "waste" a few mg of the substance and a little bit of time, but having the peace of mind that you're not poisoning yourself goes a long way toward making a trip more positive than could be the case if you're unsure of the purity and identity of the chemical altogether.

I agree @Anonymous Dissident and do just the same. After hearing deaths, not only from bromodragonfly but more recently with 3fpm from my vendor, from mislabeled Chems proper titrations are key in the extra game. My only disagreement would be leave more time between doses to avoid tolerance. I know ya wanna get right to full doses but better safe than sorry

If you really wanna be sure I’d suggest sending it to a lab for proper testing but in lieu of that titrations and reagents are key