View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Powder Potency?

poodle448

Bluelighter
I was trying to figure out the best form of DXM powder. Is the Extracted DXM from Delsym or Robitussin a better trip? Also, is the BA of Pure DXM any more than the syrup and gelcaps? (both 11%)

As I understand it pure DXM does not have a great oral bioavailability when taken orally because it has solubility issues. This may be solved with alcohols or DMSO, the former is not really recommended to ingest in serious quantities with DXM since it tends to produce dizziness, nausea etc but a small bit to take it should be okay.. and DMSO is of course pretty unusual and it tastes weird even if you get it past your tongue.

I don't know if this is as common an issue as I think it is - if so it should be all over the dextroverse forum, so check - but it is the reaction I got back from DXM users looking into the pure stuff as a solution (no pun intended).

If I were you actually I would try to find out if it dissolves in something like PG / PEG and go from there...

you can take pure DXM powder in a gel cap and get effects from it, but without something to help its solubility the comeup becomes extremely long.

i personally always just used alcohol for absorption. swallowed my gelpcaps with single beer or a single mixed drink. even half a beer is plenty though. cough syrup only contains 1.4% alcohol...

"extracted dxm" from Delsym is still bound to the polistirex time release resin. Agent Lemon from syrups/gels will be pure instant release DXM citrate.

DXM has good solubility in propylene glycol/oil mixtures, that's what the inside of a gelcap is.