• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids DXM potention, tolerance and Oxycodone

RicardoMontoya

Bluelighter
Hi all! I researched this topic a lot and I've gathered the info that DXM taken approximately 1 hour before oxycodone or other opioids will potentiate them. I just took 50 mg of dxm and later I'm gonna try taking 40 mg oxycodone. My tolerance sky rocketed and went up to 80-120 mg sometimes.
I also took a week break (and went through withdrawal!!!) in order to try to lower my tolerance at least a little bit....

I've also read about tagamet. What works best? Or is taking both more recommended?

I think DXM would work best, I remember reading somewhere of a man who was a heroin user and he (supposedly) was able to get a better rush, dosage-wise, taking DXM with a smoked dose of heroin than no DXM with a IV dose. This is my 2 cents, I'm not an opiate user though.

I think DXM would work best, I remember reading somewhere of a man who was a heroin user and he (supposedly) was able to get a better rush, dosage-wise, taking DXM with a smoked dose of heroin than no DXM with a IV dose. This is my 2 cents, I'm not an opiate user though.
Well, I just tried with 50 mg DXM and 60 mg oxycodone and I'm not feeling it. There must be something wrong with me I guess

yeah that's strange man, hopefully someone who has more knowledge than me and is a opiate user themselves can butt in to help you out because, from what I've read, it should've done something to reduce tolerance

I had to take 8 pills 20 mg each to get high. Now I'm very high I can barely type and read. It's extremely difficult

hey man that's 160mg oxy + 50mg dxm, and while that's a low dose DXM and opioids lower your breathing. not saying you are in danger, but that's a higher dose than you woud normally take plus another substance that slows breathing, DXM is technically an opioid too btw, you might wanna have someone come over to your place to make sure you are ok and not gonna pass out or worse

and idk if you counted your already 60mg dose, you could have 220mg in your system with DXM on top and that's not safe bro
I don't wanna ruin your high or anything but im kinda worried for you, if you have narcan id consider taking it or at least having someone watch you, or just call 911

"In contrast to potentiation of analgesia, dextromethorphan does not enhance the euphorigenic, physical dependence, and respiratory depressant actions of morphine." (https://www.jpsmjournal.com/article/S0885-3924(99)00127-X/pdf)

No, in reasonable doses (50mg) you are not going to die, it does not potentiate respiratory depression. The LD50 of oxy is a lot higher than 220mg as well.

Your main concern would possibly be serotonin syndrome, but at 50mg DXM that's a very very low chance. Just keep the DXM dose low, and you'll be fine. Higher doses of DXM would muddy the oxy high anyways. It's role in potentiating the high of opioids is overstated by opioid culture. All it does is increase analgesia.

For the record, mixing DXM with other depressants such as alcohol can be quite uncomfortable and dangerous. But in this situation you will be fine, assuming you aren't taking any other medications or drugs.

I honestly never felt like it did much for me. Should help with chronic pain a bit perhaps.

Hi all! I researched this topic a lot and I've gathered the info that DXM taken approximately 1 hour before oxycodone or other opioids will potentiate them. I just took 50 mg of dxm and later I'm gonna try taking 40 mg oxycodone. My tolerance sky rocketed and went up to 80-120 mg sometimes.
I also took a week break (and went through withdrawal!!!) in order to try to lower my tolerance at least a little bit....

I've also read about tagamet. What works best? Or is taking both more recommended?
You have to be careful with potentiation. you are increasing the concentration various ways in your blood and it does indeed cause your tolerance to increase. I find it optimal to lower my dose and potentiate to save medication, and not end up in that spot. IMO the best way to potentiate oxycodone is with ultra low dose (20-40mcg) naltrexone and black seed (nigella sativa) oil taken about an hour before. perhaps a fatty meal. It also will help you titrate and get off to be taking tiny doses of an antagonist. It has really changed my relationship with pain meds.

and idk if you counted your already 60mg dose, you could have 220mg in your system with DXM on top and that's not safe bro
I don't wanna ruin your high or anything but im kinda worried for you, if you have narcan id consider taking it or at least having someone watch you, or just call 911
Thanks for the concern, but I was fine. But I'll keep this in mind next time