View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM pills (robo soft gels)

John_Burrows

Bluelighter
Anyone have experience comparing the robo syrup to the soft gel pills?

I'm used to the syrup, and despite the yummy taste I can still manage to down an eight oz bottle in the name of a fun Friday night.

I had tried the pills once before (taking the whole bottle of 20) but the resulting high was pretty week.

Last weekend I decided to give the gel caps one more try, this time using two full bottles (40 pills).

To play it safe(r), I took ten pills at a time, waiting 10 mins between each round (so i took all 40 pills over the course of 40 mins).

I figure it would allow the effects to slowly fade in, as opposed to being hit with a brick wall.

I have to say, ultimately it was the best robo trip i've ever had. The best word to describe it was clean - the effects were smooth and manageable.

Maybe the pills were easier on my system than drinking a bottle of that muck, but to those of you who occasionally dabble with dxm, I recommend giving the pills a shot (btw, I'm a little over 6 foot and 220 pounds, so while 40 gel caps may have been the right amount to give me a solid trip, adjust the dosage accordingly to your own body).

Has anyone else compared successful gel cap trips to the liquid?

i'll send this over to the folks in PD, they'll be able to help you.

so you're saying the same amount of DXM in mg's of pills had more effect than syrup?

I think my body was starting to not like red dye and my last trip on DXM was with robotussin gel caps and it was a REALLY toxic body load for hours, and a negative experience in general. I drank the syrup on two occasions, one I did a box of coracedin cough and cold with a bottle of syrup and that was an intense trip (dont do coracedin it has other active ingredients that can do damage) and the other time I drank a bottle of orange cough syrup and I felt like my whole existence was revolving around the awefull taste and feeling the syrup had in my stomach. It was pretty interesting but the nastyness of the syrup persisted for hours.

Next time I'm doing an agent lemon extraction lol.

so you're saying the same amount of DXM in mg's of pills had more effect than syrup?

I think my body was starting to not like red dye and my last trip on DXM was with robotussin gel caps and it was a REALLY toxic body load for hours, and a negative experience in general. I drank the syrup on two occasions, one I did a box of coracedin cough and cold with a bottle of syrup and that was an intense trip (dont do coracedin it has other active ingredients that can do damage) and the other time I drank a bottle of orange cough syrup and I felt like my whole existence was revolving around the awefull taste and feeling the syrup had in my stomach. It was pretty interesting but the nastyness of the syrup persisted for hours.

Next time I'm doing an agent lemon extraction lol.

Bolded for emphasis. Lots of this shit is out there.

I think it has somehow become a misappropriated toxic slang for DXM itself to say "Triple C's". :(

i ttok the same amount the other day, real awesome trip. no stomach pains either. gels is the way too go.

Do you think this would be the best form to consume dxm in beside pure powder? I heard all the caseings can upset your stomic if you take a recreational dose. They actualy sell them at my colleges book store.

My friends and I use the gels every time. I have experienced no nausea whatsoever. The same goes for my friends.

Dxm is an awesome drug and an underrated one, if used correctly, ime.

The gels are awesome. I love the way they look. "Take the red pill Neo!" Wallgreens also makes a good equivalent. It's wonderful avoiding the syrup taste, and being able to exactly measure various doses. Oddly though, I almost miss the vaguely cathartic experience of throwing up on the syrup. And it does seem somehow a more intense trip, in a kind of masochistic way.

I find the caps to be much easier to get down than the straight syrup. I can't really compare the effects because I've only used the caps once recently, about 700mg worth. Felt pretty nauseous during the entire experience. Before that I had a period of regularly consuming the syrup but this was probably 8 years ago.

All I know is that the nausea was way worse this time, probably because I was not used to it anymore and took a dose that I used to do back then. I don't think I'll ever try either one again unless I get the powder.

Gels are honestly the way to go, they dont taste bad rarley discomfort from a smaller dose.... like 20-30pills

Last weekend I tried again, this time I lowered the dose from 40 pills to 30. Biggest difference this time was I don't remember much.

I took the pills around midnight, about 2-3am felt like it was peaking, then by 4:30 or 5 I def felt like I was coming down.

Then, all of a sudden it was like 11am and I have zero memory of what happened between 5 and 11am (and I know I wasn't sleeping). I do remember around 11am when I was more conscious of the world around me i decided it was time to finally go to bed, but for some reason it wasnt until like 1:30 in the afternoon that I actually hit the sack! It basically took me from 11am to 1:30pm to brush my teeth, put some PJs on and actually finish getting ready for bed.

I think I at least spent an hour sitting on the throne trying to pee. How much time have all of us spent trying to squeeze out some apple juice while on DXM?? Seems like a lifetime.

Oh I guess I should mention that DXM wasn't my only cohort that night... I brought along some dilaudid, amitriptyline and nitrous for good measure.

Hunter S. Thompson much?

ooops, double posted. And while sober!

Hah, only a true druggie would consider 32mg of dilaudid and a few nitrous balloons to be "sober."

:-D

Well, I did 30 cough gels last night and got sick. I was on an empty stomach too. I'm pretty sure it was the red dye, as that's the only thing I could get up. It seems like after you purge, the whole trip begins and it's so intense. I also dosed on an empty stomach so that could be why I got sick as well. But I refuse to do syrup. :eek:

*Use Responsibly*

SWIM can no longer receive his pain medications through insurance because SWIM also takes medication to prevent cancer (Cannabis) :/ So, SWIM has now gone from flying the friendly miles on Weekdays and Holidays to dosing 5-7 gel caps in the morning for pain (analjesically jeezy!), usually 10-15 before lunch, then possibly another 10-15 in the evening. SWIM NEVER takes more than 30 gel caps in a 24 hour period (or before allowing body-shutdown) due to something strange which happens for SWIM when he's flirted with 40, 60 and even 80 (????) WARNING: SWIM believes his daily DXM use might have caused an increased in a general panic disorder. SWIM never had panic attacks before January 18 2016, when 60 gel caps put SWIM in the ER, now SWIM has them somewhat regularly. SWIM also reports having severe abdominal pains from lack of the ability to properly digest foods from the vegetable glycerin in the caps coating his stomach lining. *Use Responsibly*