View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM on benzodiazepines

Renald

Bluelighter
Due to panic attacks, especially when I take unknown substances (DXM >100 mg are still terra incognita for me), I cant take DXM without benzos. Usually this is 0.25-0.5 mg of clonazepam. Can DXM be felt on low dose benzo?

Benzos won't stop you from feeling the DXM, they're fine to take together, even with fully recreational doses of DXM. Also, the conservatism with which you're testing this drug is laudable, but I'd like to note that it generally gets pleasant in the 300+mg range, for those who enjoy it (and are not slow metabolizers, of course).

Benzos won't stop you from feeling the DXM, they're fine to take together, even with fully recreational doses of DXM. Also, the conservatism with which you're testing this drug is laudable, but I'd like to note that it generally gets pleasant in the 300+mg range, for those who enjoy it (and are not slow metabolizers, of course).

Panic disorder stops me from trying new substance even at low doses. Even now taking 100 mg of DXM I go into at least prepanic state with a racing heart and shortness of breath, and this lasts for first 30-40 minutes, after this either I took benzo to stop this, or I understand, that effects are not dangerous and calm down. Taking any higher as therapeutic amount of "terra incognita" drug immediately causes severe panic attack to me, and I dont know how to cope this. At this time I am increasing the dosage by 1 tab (15 mg) per day to see what this additional small dosage give me.

It's fine but don't take too much or you'll probably do stupid shit or just pass out
Almost all the life, before trying NMDA antagonists, I had tremedous tolerance to benzos, and never felt any anxiolysis from any doses. I was taking 6-8 mg of clonazepam, >1 mg of triazolam, 20-30 mg of oral midazolam, 4 mg of flunitrazepam and equivalent dosages of almost all available benzos, and have felt some action only on >30 mg oral midazolam and at about the same amount of zolpidem (non-benzo). Now I can feel as low as 0.25 mg of clonazepam.

Almost all the life, before trying NMDA antagonists, I had tremedous tolerance to benzos, and never felt any anxiolysis from any doses. I was taking 6-8 mg of clonazepam, >1 mg of triazolam, 20-30 mg of oral midazolam, 4 mg of flunitrazepam and equivalent dosages of almost all available benzos, and have felt some action only on >30 mg oral midazolam and at about the same amount of zolpidem (non-benzo). Now I can feel as low as 0.25 mg of clonazepam.

Can you give some more information on what pattern of NDMA antagonist use led to this? Was it a sudden transition from not being able to feel benzos or a gradual one? What NMDA blockers were you using, for how long, in what combinations, and what was your pattern of benzo use during the time that you used NMDA blockers? What other GABA or glutamate modulating drugs were you using, if any (eg, GHB/GBL/butanediol, phenibut, baclofen, barbiturates, AMPAkines or other nootropics, alcohol)?

I used to experience huge euphoria from benzos and compulsively took very large amounts, like 1g diazepam and 30-90mg alprazolam a month - well, in more of a 2 week period, followed by about 2 weeks on GBL and then back onto benzos - I used one drug to withdraw from the other. I didn't notice tolerance building to the benzo euphoria. At one point, after a few months of this, I was using GBL while having a pretty bad benzo withdrawal. I found 20mg valium and one or 2 1mg xanax. They all gave me the customary euphoria I was used to.

Then, a week or two later I got a new batch of benzos. I got no euphoria from them at all. Even taking large amounts I would feel sober. I thought I had been ripped off, but eventually I learned that I had developed a permanent tolerance to benzos. That was at the end of 2008. To this day, even when I have had periods of years without using benzos, they still would not give me pleasure like they used to. The only time I have enjoyed benzos since then was once, taking valium during my final GBL withdrawal in late 2009, and another time, for maybe 40 mins, when I had missed a daily methadone dose and, in slight withdrawal, taken a couple of xanax - I felt a slight reminder of how they used to make me feel, but it faded quickly. All benzos do to me now is make me less self conscious, less inhibited, and mess up my memory. I can still get anxious and depressed and there is no euphoria or physical pleasure like I used to get.

people on the internet love DXM but i find it pretty worthless besides its medicinal use. id bet you will pass out early.

Honestly, you might be better off avoiding dxm for now. I'm not prone to panic at all, never had a panic attack that wasn't drug induced. Still, dxm ALWAYS gives me that physical pre-panic thing because it just comes on so strong an quickly increases my heart rate while I'm simultaneously getting really fucked up. It's not even really mental anymore since I'm used to it and it doesn't freak me out anymore (first two times I thought maybe I really was having an adverse reaction and hence panic attack) but that physical state always happens before I "break-through" and then I always really enjoy the trip. So I guess what I'm saying is that I feel like the effect you're describing is just a thing with dxm (and dissos in general I've found, but particularly dxm). While I only get it at full on tripping/breakthrough doses, it's just something I have to ride out until it passes (never takes more than 2 mins for me). That being said, I find higher doses to be far more comfortable, enjoyable, and even anxiolytic overall because euphoria.