• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

DXM noticeably improved my intelligence

Thanks for your prompt reply and that article on pubmed. It will be invaluable for both me, my doctor, and the Lyme community I'm a part of. I've found it also works like this at lower doses, but requires a bit of a loading phase.

Considering this is a recreational use forum, I don't think it can hurt for me to add a guestimation on how to use it this way.

For experimentation with depression, anxiety, confusion, chronic dissociation, fatigue, motivation problems, addiction, withdrawl, difficulty thinking, neurological symptoms, "intelligence" ect:

100 mg twice daily for the first 5 days-week until effects start to surface (or you establish that it's not going to work) then 50-100 mg daily after that to sustain the effects. IMPORTANT: watch for tolerance to build, and if it starts happening, skip a couple days and lower the dose. That mechanism is built into us for a reason! If you continue past this point, you will start developing manic like symptoms, and they are not fun!

Good luck, I hope this helps some other people as much as it helps me. And I hope this information gets researched so we eventually better understand these conditions so we can even better prevent them... Help me grow this thread with any references and info you can add!

bumping this thread because I have been trialing dxm as an antidepressant again. Does anybody know how to change the thread title so I can get more views with its antidepressant qualities?

I've tried DXM as an anti-depressant, both alone and with moclobemide.
It's a much better SNRI than SNRI a/d's I've tried, but ultimately it didn't help and I ceased taking it.. I still have a bottle or two in my draw.

Original poster here, further discussion has been made under a similar title

Different username because I couldn't remember my old stuff. I enjoy the discussions.

See you there

GLYX-13 is an NMDA partial agonist that showed improvements in memory and learning in rats (abstract). NMDA antagonists cause upregulation of NMDA receptors, so it's not a stupid idea that dissociatives can actually make you more "intelligent" when used in low doses and short-term. The rebound effect from such a use of NMDA antagonists would be similar to the effect caused by taking a partial agonist - increased glutamatergic neurotransmission. Maybe DXM won't make you intelligent per se, but could make you associate things faster.

I'm also wondering whether DXM serotonergic action could prevent at least partially neurotoxicity supposedly caused by DXO. 5-HT(2A) agonists are known to protect from NMDA neurotoxicity caused by NMDA antagonists (article). Now, I know that making serotonin levels higher isn't equal to making serotonin bind to 5-HT(2A) receptors, but some of released serotonin must bind there, right?

Last edited:
Hmm I've been getting interested in dxm again recently, I don't take a nmda antagonist ATM and want to mainly retry it again for tolerance issues, I'll start this experiment next week. Also I take several racetams which are pro glutaminergic so I'm curious how they will synergize.

OK here's the reality you cannot noticeably acknowledge increases in intelligence it's impossible. The only way is through verbal or cognitive reasoning tests. Albeit dxm may have broadened your spectrum of thought and made you feel better that does not mean you are smarter. Bottom line. Subjectivity does not equal objectivity.
Zedsdead

I'm also a daily low dose user of DXM who has received significant benefits from this drug. I was already bright...this stuff put me at the top 1% of humans to ever walk the face of the earth. I went from broke and depressed to rich and happy from the cognitive and personal improvements I made through the use of this wonderful drug. My cognitive function is SIGNIFICANTLY enhanced, even months after my last trip. And it continues to enhance with every trip. Almost comparable to the drug from limitless with Bradley Cooper, as crazy as that sounds. I thought it was all just in my head at first. Then the effects became apparent in the improvements in my life. I was able to utilize the stock market to go from almost nothing to becoming a millionaire in a matter of months. I have since quit my full time job and devoted my entire life to the pursuit of knowledge and the inherent pursuit of perfection that comes with it and it is so encouraging to see others who have experienced this enlightenment as well. And to all those out there who understand this and do not think me to be crazy or bullshitting, its nice to meet the few others who are open minded enough to garner the cognitive effects that are a potential with DXM. I hope you find this encouraging and enlightening. In the age of information the one and only thing holding us back from learning anything and everything about ourselves and the environment around us is simply ourselves. We limit ourselves by not realizing our own potential. And DXM is a drug that can help one to truly realize this potential when used correctly

OK here's the reality you cannot noticeably acknowledge increases in intelligence it's impossible. The only way is through verbal or cognitive reasoning tests. Albeit dxm may have broadened your spectrum of thought and made you feel better that does not mean you are smarter. Bottom line. Subjectivity does not equal objectivity.
Zedsdead

And in response to this, my IQ at the age of 17 before experiencing DXM was 139. At the age of 26 with the help of DXM my IQ was registered at 174 on the exact same test. It is not only possible, but probable that DXM has the potential to increase cognitive function when used properly.

On an unrelated sidenote, recent studies have shown that the use of any psychoactive substance carries the theoretical potential for increased cognitive function...meaning whereas most humans use a small percentage of their brain somewhere in the teens, while under the influence of psychoactive substances brain function can increase by a significant percentage allowing us to accomplish things we never even deemed possible before.

Hi Brickscratcher ! Could you give please some information on your daily dose ? How do you take your dxm ? (in the morning, at night, on empty stomach, ...).
And what do you mean by "when used correctly." (employed twice in your posts).
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited: