View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Not Kicking In Fully

Psychonautz

Greenlighter
SWIM has taken 6 oz of Robotussin 12 hour cough relief. it says for every 5 ml is 30mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide but its actually Dextromethorphan polistirex. Taken at about 8am and still no psychedelic effects at 3pm although SWIM did drink the other 3 oz at 2:30 pm did SWIM take too much or too little for audio and visuals?

I could be mistaken but I believe the polistirex is a slow release version and that's why your not tripping on it.
I think they specifically came out with the polistirex version so kids can't trip out on it.

First off you have consumed around 1600mg of Dextromethorphan Polistirex, I hope you're not doing this with Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide unless you're very experienced.

Dextromethorphan Polistirex has absolutely no recreational value unless taken at very large doses which could be dangerous. I'm surprised you didn't feel anything though because you still took quite a large dose.
It's made for extended release so it's molecules are coated in plastic, and unless your some sort of chemist there's no way to change that.

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide is what you want as it's instant release and not coated in this plastic and is much more potent.
Cheers.

I'm surprised you didn't feel anything though because you still took quite a large dose.

Seriously, how could someone possibly take 1600mg without feeling effects :? I think that if I took that much DXM, I'd probably be in the corner drooling and possibly crapping my pants 8( The latter actually did happen to me the last time I took high dose DXM, it's literally that intense and often comes with some "side effects" of the variety that I mentioned for a lot of people :\ The idea of someone taking 1600mg and not feeling it just doesn't add up somehow. Is it possible you miscalculated the dosage and took less than you thought? It would seem that 1600mg is beginning to get into anesthetic dissociation territory rather than not noticing effects.

Last edited:
Actually he took 1050mg or 1600mg. Sort of confused if he did a 6oz and then a 3oz or did half a 6oz bottle and then the other half later.

Of course I'd trip the fuck out on that much if it was DXM HBr, but my experiences with DXM Poli have been disappointing and I just haven't tried this much. But, you still should have felt SOMETHING, even if it wasn't that noticeable.

Actually he took 1050mg or 1600mg. Sort of confused if he did a 6oz and then a 3oz or did half a 6oz bottle and then the other half later.

Of course I'd trip the fuck out on that much if it was DXM HBr, but my experiences with DXM Poli have been disappointing and I just haven't tried this much. But, you still should have felt SOMETHING, even if it wasn't that noticeable.

OP clearly miscalculated the dosage or entered plat sigma. Whether it was polisterex, HBR, or anything, if OP took 1000mg of DXM, he would be tripping major balls. OP clearly miscalculated the dosage, thinking he took more than he did. Frankly, I'd be somewhat surprised if OP was even able to type a coherent sentence on that amount, let alone say he wasn't feeling the effects! You would literally have to be like Andre the Giant size to take that much and not feel it. It's also possible if the dosing was spread out that he entered plat sigma, which is a very different state where one could falsely believe they are not feeling it, when in fact they are tripping major balls. Plat sigma is much more like a deliriant than anything, which could explain why OP was unaware of the effects.

1000mg polisterex would have to be at least equivalent to 300 HBR, calculating for the difference in the duration of the experiences. That would be a mid 2nd plat at least, which you would notice as fairly intense. Honestly though, I'd think that 1000mg would probably at least take you closer to 3rd plat even with polisterex or maybe even get into 3rd plat territory. 1600mg would definitely be high 2nd to maybe even well into 3rd or 4th, I would imagine. Also, the redosing pattern described by OP very well may have begun to put him into plat sigma, which is why he thought he wasn't feeling effects.

SWIM has told me that the effects didn't take place to around 4/ 5 pm and lasted until the next day at 10 am. SWIM tells me that he is going to try again without the Polisterex

Just so you know SWIM is banned on Bluelight.

I'd like to know what effects you felt and if you drank 6oz or 9oz. And yes effects will last extremely long if felt due to it being extended release.

Also were there any negative effects such as extreme nausea? When I tried Polistirex I got the worst feeling in my stomach but was unable to throw up, but with the HBr I just throw up with only feeling slight nausea.

Thanks.

Just so you know SWIM is banned on Bluelight.

I'd like to know what effects you felt and if you drank 6oz or 9oz. And yes effects will last extremely long if felt due to it being extended release.

Also were there any negative effects such as extreme nausea? When I tried Polistirex I got the worst feeling in my stomach but was unable to throw up, but with the HBr I just throw up with only feeling slight nausea.

Thanks.

Hey, you aren't the only one that goes through this. That quote right there is the exact reason I strayed away from ever attempting to use DXM Polistirex again. I drank the small bottle of Delsym, not sure how many oz it was, and it gave me horrible abdominal cramps. My stomach felt uneasy, not exactly nauseous, but as if I ate too much or something along those lines. I never got sick though. Actually, it wasn't even worth it, as nothing happened. I knew it wasn't HBr, but my local pharmacy was out of pretty much everything else that was DXM-only.

I throw up half of the time that I consume HBr. I use it in the form of the gels, then again I'm known to take at least 35-40 (with my tolerance) so I could be getting sick from all of the inactive ingredients and syrup. Who knows. It isn't built up vomiting though, it's spontaneous. One minute I'll be fine, the next I've got my head in a toilet! I only throw up once though and afterwards it's all uphill from there. :)

What works for me is that I have Zofran, Protonix and Promethazine prescribed to me and each one works wonders for settling my stomach. I usually take these before my trip a.d it works. I had a friend feeling horrible on DXM but after taking a Zofran he was completely fine.