View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM - No CEV's?

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
I am an experienced DXM user, I have been using for 8 months now and I probably have around 75-90 trips under my belt. I have done doses ranging from 350mg to 960mg. The thing is, I have NEVER experienced CEV's. If I do a high enough dose (700mg+) I usually get some OEV's, but it's nothing overwhelming. Usually my peripheral vision just gets altered, like I believe that I'm somewhere that I'm really not.

I have read countless stories online of people doing DXM and experiencing crazy CEV's, on doses equivalent or lower to what I have done. Some common CEV stories I have read include being in a forest, being in space, just crazy far out stuff like that. I've always wanted to have an experience like that, but sadly, it's never happened.

My tolerance is somewhat high, but 700mg DXM + Cannabis and/or DPH will still get me tripping, although not as 'hard' as I'd like to. Even when I was new to DXM, I still didn't have CEV's, just minor OEV's. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be that I simply forget when I have CEV's? I doubt this, since I usually remember when I experienced OEV's. Any advice from experienced DXM users will be appreciated! Thanks.

Forgot to add:

When I get OEV's, I lay down in the dark and listen to music. This is what I've heard is the best thing to do if you want to 'trip'. I always close my eyes in the hopes of getting CEV's, but all I saw is darkness, like when I close my eyes while sober. I've tried applying pressure to my eyes to kickstart the CEV's since I've heard that helps, but that didn't do anything as well.

My bad guys, but I forgot to add one more thing:

I actually have experienced CEV's a lot, but it's not really enjoyable. After tripping on DXM and going to my bed to sleep, I will look up and see a room that is not really my real room. It's nothing weird or out of this world, it's just a normal room that isn't the same as my room. Whenever this happens it takes me a few seconds to realize that my eyes actually aren't open, and that I just had CEV's. This happens on about half my DXM trips, it doesn't seem to matter the dosage (always 350mg+).

I would imagine DXM just isn't visual for everyone just like some people don't get visuals on traditional psychs, I sure don't find DXM visual. The OEV's (if you even wanna call them that) that I get from DXM are litterally no stronger than cannabis unless you consider blurry vision an OEV which I do not. I've also never gotten the CEV's you speak of such as imagining landscapes and such but one really cool "CEV" I get is the ability to see with my eyes closed in even a pitch black room. I can litterally close my eyes and still see the outline of every object in my room, pretty fucking interesting but not even this happens everytime. If your enjoying your trips than forget the visual aspect, there are better drugs for that kind of thing IMO, ketamine comes to mind for those full encompassing landscape visuals if that's what you seek.

cptktm said:
I sure don't find DXM [OEV]

Indeed, besides Alice in Wonder Land Syndrome with higher doses.

weedxm said:
My tolerance is somewhat high, but 700mg DXM + Cannabis and/or DPH will still get me tripping, although not as 'hard' as I'd like to. Even when I was new to DXM, I still didn't have CEV's, just minor OEV's. Am I doing something wrong?

Your tolerance is somewhat high, dont' expect much from the doses you're using. I assume by "tripping" you mean something less than holing/OBEs. That's what you gotta go for if you want awesome CEVs, OTOH I'd expect something from the doses you're going for given lying down in a dark room, eyes closed, music on, at peak effects. Hurm, difficult to say.

weedxm said:
Could it be that I simply forget when I have CEV's?

If you're flirting with hole-ish territory, yes. Especially given concurrent administration of a mAChR antagonist like DPH. I wouldn't exactly call cannabis anti-amnesiac either.

Last edited:
I don't get interesting CEVs from anything. Dissociatives don't really cause visuals, they change visual perception (mainly contrast and shape of objects) yes but they do not produce any interesting patterns or visuals in the way serotonergics do. However if you close your eyes it's easy to visualize something you think of, kind of like when nodding off on opiates.

One thing to take into consideration is that alot, dare I say most? regular DXM users have never had true visuals before as you don't hear of many people with access to psychedelics/dissociatives raving about DXM although these people definately exist. Then again what defines a "visual"? A visual can be anything from color enhancement to full blown hallucinations I guess... What I do know is I wouldn't classify DXM as neither a psychedelic nor hallucinogenic but I don't get visuals from most drugs very easily so YMMV.

I would imagine DXM just isn't visual for everyone just like some people don't get visuals on traditional psychs, I sure don't find DXM visual. The OEV's (if you even wanna call them that) that I get from DXM are litterally no stronger than cannabis unless you consider blurry vision an OEV which I do not. I've also never gotten the CEV's you speak of such as imagining landscapes and such but one really cool "CEV" I get is the ability to see with my eyes closed in even a pitch black room. I can litterally close my eyes and still see the outline of every object in my room, pretty fucking interesting but not even this happens everytime. If your enjoying your trips than forget the visual aspect, there are better drugs for that kind of thing IMO, ketamine comes to mind for those full encompassing landscape visuals if that's what you seek.

This is what I always experience, it's like having a third eye. It's pretty crazy.

DXM visuals (the good ones) are kind of like a mixture between the ones you get from classical psychs, and hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations. You aren't usually "forced" to see anything; you have to be in the right frame of mind. It's tricky, and requires some work on your part.

Try this: listen to music, take a hit of weed, and face a light source with your eyes closed. Imagine that you're looking at a flat sheet about a foot away from your eyes. Keep looking for signs of activity on that sheet, things like ripples caused by water drops, abstract geometry, static, etc. If you can start seeing CEV's this way, then you're close to getting the best visuals DXM has to offer (hi-def & 3D).

Another type of visual DXM produces is more common, and can be seen in a dark room at night. Have only a tiny amount of light present and keep your eyes open. If you're like me, the air will fill up with random lines, obscuring your perception of what's really there. These types of visuals morph rapidly and are fairly bright, but the subject content and detail isn't as good as the other types of visuals.

DXM visuals (the good ones) are kind of like a mixture between the ones you get from classical psychs, and hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations. You aren't usually "forced" to see anything; you have to be in the right frame of mind. It's tricky, and requires some work on your part.

Try this: listen to music, take a hit of weed, and face a light source with your eyes closed. Imagine that you're looking at a flat sheet about a foot away from your eyes. Keep looking for signs of activity on that sheet, things like ripples caused by water drops, abstract geometry, static, etc. If you can start seeing CEV's this way, then you're close to getting the best visuals DXM has to offer (hi-def & 3D).

Another type of visual DXM produces is more common, and can be seen in a dark room at night. Have only a tiny amount of light present and keep your eyes open. If you're like me, the air will fill up with random lines, obscuring your perception of what's really there. These types of visuals morph rapidly and are fairly bright, but the subject content and detail isn't as good as the other types of visuals.

Someone else was saying that it takes a while for the CEV's to start once you close your eyes. Am I just not waiting long enough? And I don't really want to turn on the lights while my eyes are closed, because what would my parents think if they came downstairs and the lights were on and my eyes were closed? It would be really suspicious.

I get CEVS and OEVS But i like to trip seriously hard! 1776 mgs is my normal dose lol