View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM + Mirtazapine

remRON

Greenlighter
Hello all, I have bad insomnia and have been taking various meds to aid varying from SSRIs to Buspar to Trazodone and now Mirtazapine (Remeron)
I have recently picked up an interest in recreational DXM, usually at doses around 400-600mg every 5 days or so, I was wondering how I should go about this to avoid possible serotonin syndrome.
I have done a little research myself and have found some things saying Remeron is actually used to treat serotonin syndrome, as well as it having the ability when combined to cause it, so I'm not sure. I have found some threads saying that people using MDMA have simply skipped their daily dose of Remeron and didn't have any significant problems. I have also found posts about how although serotonin syndrome has occurded combining these drugs, it is extremely unlikely unless of high doses of both drugs being taken, so I'm not really sure here...

Say I where to take 600mg of DXM on a Friday night, what would the risk of me having any problems serotonin related be if I skipped the Thursday AND the Friday night Remeron dose, giving me a whole 2 days since my last dose.
Also, should I avoid taking a Remeron dose the day after DXM (I'm not sure how the Afterglow works).

All replies appreciated!

For anyone interested, I've read 3-5 days off Mirtazapine should minimize potential hinderance of tripping off LSD/DXM so I've just stopped taking it until after, I can't find anything significant linking Remeron and Serotonin syndrome...