View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Metabolism and the Secrets of Sigma

Soul137

Bluelighter
So on another forum we got to talking about DXM metabolism and how the phenomenon we know as ∑.

The thread started asking about what was coined as Infrasigma, which involved micro-dosing DXM several times a day until powerful psychoactivity was achieved. It took about 3 days for me and several other people to get to the place we called Infrasigma, and there is a bunch of theory about what makes it happen. The forum though is of the transient variety, and after it was all done I thought too much valuable information had been gathered for it to go away. I copy-pasted the whole thing into a text doc and edited it down to the more relevant sections (still <1000 lines of text) to be archived. I made both a PDF upload and a pastebin that can be found below. Mods, put it wherever you think it should go, I just don't want it to go away.

http://www.docdroid.net/12z5b/lt-thread.pdf.html
http://pastebin.com/5duEY4Vn

Anyone else have experience with something like this?

Everyone had slightly different dosing patterns, as detailed in the thread, but the original idea was "30-50ml Delsym (180-300mg DXM polistirex) every (EDIT) 4-8 hours, which ostensibly comes down to a 5oz bottle per day.I reached Infrasigma on day 3,but I was using all sorts of potentiators (Hydroxyzine,DPH) as well as sometimes taking 2Cs (60mgDXMHBr+8mgCPM) with my shot of Delsym, so I probably sped up the process significantly, as well as added to the perceived effect with such an anticholinergic load at some point probably becoming noticeable on its own. TBD," (line 27).

The whole thing is in there. I think you can ctrl+f the entire document.

Last edited:
I believe a form of plateau sigma can be achieved under the right circumstances in quite low doses with the presence of other drugs. Perhaps a type of plateau sigma can be achieved purely with only Dxm in low doses alone. I recently found I can achieve plateau sigma type effects in a single dose of 100mg Dxm in an evening and the next day of dosing 30mg every few hours of Dxm hbr. For the record let it be known I have probably changed my brain chemistry quite significantly due to past drug abuse which has been quite detrimental such as solvent abuse, alcohol abuse, and synthetic legal highs, weaker opiates/opioids, cigarettes, cannabis, diphenhydramine, other drugs occasionally such as nitrazepam and occasional crack and of course hundreds of Dxm trips over 4 years. I have experience HPPD in my life many times and believe that this may have contributed to my experience last night.

My plauteu sigma experience took place mainly in a dream. It was my first day without codeine or dihydrocodeine in massive dose in overall longer than 6 weeks. I had come off my final dose of 800mg codeine and after a 3rd 30mg approximate redose of Dxm that day I passed out from exhaustion. Codeine can also cause nightmares however I have had many horrible codeine and dihydrocodeine nightmares and this one was far more intense. I once took 1175mg diphenhydramine and this nightmare compared in its extremes and only in the couple seconds I remember at the end.

I was approached by a spirit person in a real body who took form as a living possessed demon who wanted to kiss me. I initially refused knowing I would regret partaking in this kiss. The demon insisted we kiss so I let her kiss me feeling I had little choice. She began to suck the soul out my my body and within a quarter of a second a large amount of my internals was in her throat. It was like she used gravity in the form of a very small black hole to condense my esophagus, stomach, and intestines. I was trying to suck it back into my body along with my soul. She refused to let me have it back. Her kiss of death was short lived and I awakened. I had died and woke up into my conscious body fairly aware but feeling dysphoric and disconnected and the usual Dxm dissociation in a small yet very powerful way.

I very rarely post about my own drug experiences even though I have had decades of experience packed into less than 5 years. I have made drugs use a main part of life and need to take a long break soon. Perhaps later in life I will post more. I just knew I had to post about this one before I forgot about it's detail. Dxm is not to be messed with. I am happy I had this experience. In some ways it was very very twisted but it also makes me feel alive. Which is weird

Hey, thanks for sharing, sounds terrifying. Can I ask though, what exactly characterizes plateau sigma over other states brought on by DXM? I've read about people's experiences with it and it almost just sounds like everyone has their own idea of what it is. So I've never really understood what it's supposed to be.

"secrets of sigma" has got to be the coolest potential username for BL i've every seen

Forgot I made this thread.

Hey, thanks for sharing, sounds terrifying. Can I ask though, what exactly characterizes plateau sigma over other states brought on by DXM? I've read about people's experiences with it and it almost just sounds like everyone has their own idea of what it is. So I've never really understood what it's supposed to be.

I would mostly refer to the section starting around line 138, but looking back at this it doesn't have the latter parts of our research. A dumb kid decided to follow our dosing regimen and he landed himself in the psych ward, so we (the others who were running experiments and writing theory with me) kept all notes from then on private. I'd have to dig around for them.

Here's the jist of it. "Sigma" is not really a plateau. It's about the ratio. A normal DXM dose gets almost entirely converted into DXO in the body. You're not really getting high off the DXM until you start inhibiting enzymes. The more you inhibit those enzymes, over a longer period of time you get a higher DXM:DXO ratio. We ran with the definition of "the Sigma Effect" as taking place when that ratio was 1:1 or higher, meaning that one was getting more high off the DXM than the DXO. The more you inhibit the enzymes and the closer you get to (almost) ONLY DXM, the more "pure" the Sigma experience, and this could be had at any level. If theoretically you reach a point where DXM is the only thing crossing the BBB, then you could experience a low Sigma with 150mg, or a high one with 800 or whatever. Now obviously this is impossible to actually measure without knowing blood levels, but with a solid feel for every standard DXO "plateau" it wasn't hard to start making distinctions as I changed my dosing around.

I started working with the idea of a 2D grid to represent DXM:DXO ratio. https://imgur.com/a/uweRz The standard DXO plateaus lie on the x-axis. The theoretical pure DXM trip is on the y-axis. So depending on dosing regimen instead of ending up at the "3rd plateau," one might end up at (3,0) or (3,1). And if you keep tweaking enzymes (2,2), which is when things start to get noticeably different. So in the image, everything above the purple line could be considered part of "The Sigma Realm." This is why you get so many different descriptions of Sigma. Anyone can fuck around with their enzymes long enough some weird shit starts to happen, but very few people ever do it intentionally, and not everybody follows the same dosing regimen. People across the internet have all sorts of different Sigma recipes, and having tried most of them I feel confident in saying that all of those people are touching a different area on the graph, but all using the same basic principle of redosing until a distinct qualitative change of one kind or another takes place.

A lot of that is faulty at best though, based on made up math, guesstimating blood levels by subjective effect. Then I started making up formulas to calculate how much I needed to dose and when in order to reach any given point on the map, which is even more full of shit obviously. What's surprising is how accurately I was actually able to pin it down despite talking out my ass so fast I was shitting teeth. There was a period where I would reliably choose say a (2,1) dosing regimen, or tasting the qualitative difference between the standard "4th plat" and a (3,2) regimen. And none of that takes into account the chance (that I found increasingly likely as I did more experimenting) that one or both 3-MEM and 3-HM are active in their own right.

Between the 3 of us (who came up with the idea and worked on it together) there's probably 20 pages of theoretical math in addition to all the TR shit that exploded in the thread we created to document our progress. We thought we were really on to something, but it's really easy to think that when you're half-psychotic from DXM binging; and what we were onto turned out to be particularly dangerous, and we basically all stopped soon after the second random internet kid went to the psych ward (SO YEAH DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME).

The only real message I can give after all of that is Mr. White had no idea that the surface he scratched so glibly in the "Plateau Sigma" section of his FAQ is actually the tip of a huge fucking iceberg. Proceed at your own risk.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the detailed reply! That makes sense to me now.