• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM high

airthe

Bluelighter
I was thinking of trying dxm and i wanted to know what to expect first time! THANKS!

I would go to around the 3rd plateau at the very most. for everything yu need to know about dxm google "dxm plateaus"

Make sure its only dxm or you can look forward to spiders on your skin, fear, terror, a pounding heart, and feeling like your dying.

Other posters have already alluded to the general fact, but Dextromethorphan is noted for not having a completely linear effects profile. Instead, effects are generally described as taking the form of plateaus. It doesn't require much explanation. Envision a plateau as opposed to a steadily increasing hill, which would be the most appropriate analogy for the vast majority of drugs. The "3rd Plateau" is what you might consider the beginning of a true dissociative experience like what one would experience with similar drugs like Ketamine or Phencyclidine (PCP).

In the lower two plateaus, you will probably get a feel for what the effects of a higher dose will ultimately feel like, while still being in relative control of yourself. Be aware that while Dextromethorphan (DXM) is an enjoyable experience to some, to others like myself, it's actually a very negative experience complete with both mental and physical side-effects. I would never use DXM as anything other than a cough supressant.

First 122-200mg
Second 200-600mg
Third 600-1200mg
Fourth 1200-1600mg
Risk of death 2.2g+

There are a lot better drug experiences out there that you should try. You might really enjoy it like some do, but in my opinion, there's a reason why it's legal and readily available; it's not that good.

Its worth mentioning for harm reduction purposes that there are some people that metabolize this drug at 10% of the normal population. So definitely start out low otherwise a bottle of the stuff could throw you into a bad state if you were one of those unlucky individuals. Id say max therapeutic dose to start and if you dont feel anything then youre most likely safe up to a small bottle of only dxm depending on weight. My opinion is dont try 3rd plateau and above, the negatives start outweighing the positives around this level and dont plan on using this on any sort of regular basis as you will only get bad effects.

I have been using DXM since 2003. I stopped in 2012, but I can assure you, I know a lot about it. Maybe not the chemical compound and all that fancy stuff that some of these people on here know, but I know what it's like and a lot about it. I don't take it now because I'm on an anti-depressant, and it interacts with my anti-depressant, as well as any SSRI/SNRI/MAOI (it says so on the bottle). Be careful when you mess with the stuff. Check the active ingredients on the bottle. Definitely do not buy anything that has more than DXM in it. Guaifenesin and DXM (Robitussin DM) I have taken in the past and I threw up a lot, and I hear that that expectorant (Guaifenesin) was used to kids who used to ingest the stuff to trip. There are a lot more harmful chemicals listed in some other Robitussin bottles that are not mainly for Cough, NEVER DO CORICIDIN, it's a cough AND cold medication. Any Robitussin that are only for coughs, you should still check the Active Ingredients section on the back and make sure there is only Dextromethorphan to make sure you do not harm yourself. I suggest you do not chug a bottle either, that's unsafe for your first time using it, I've done it, but I myself only take 2 full dosage cups at a time, and even that gets intense for me, even when I was experienced with the stuff. What did you want to know about DXM though? I can describe a lot about it.