• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM help

DxM Boundd

Greenlighter
Ok so bob has been taking dayquil 15mg dxm per 15ml only for his highs and recently went to a store that only had the twin packs he used up his bottle of day quil and now only has the other bottle of nyquil that came with it but its not the straight dxm bottle. its 30mg dxm and 12.5mg doxylamine succinate are its only active ingredients. Bob was wondering how mand mgs of that their doxy would be to much.

DXM questions

Ok so bob has been taking dayquil 15mg dxm per 15ml only for his highs and recently went to a store that only had the twin packs he used up his bottle of day quil and now only has the other bottle of nyquil that came with it but its not the straight dxm bottle. its 30mg dxm and 12.5mg doxylamine succinate are its only active ingredients. Bob was wondering how mand mgs of that their doxy would be to much.

My friend bob the 2nd drank 2 bottles of nyquil once and didn't overdose.
altho to be fair, bob the 2nd hates dxm and will never do it again.
Bob the 2nd's friend uses doxylamine to get high on its own so maybe it'd be better even.

If you are trying to get high on DXM look for something with ONLY DXM as the active ingredients.

Personally I like the first 1-2 hrs of taking 25mg Doxylamine since it's in the nyquil. I don't actually try to reach for the DXM as reaching for a plateau high will damage my liver due to the APAP and the Doxylamine will become very annoying.

The Doxylamine high is very similar to the DPH one but I definitely prefer it as I can take 4 nyquil gels (25mg Dox, 60mg DXM, 1.6g APAP) and enjoy it until the Doxylamine gets annoying. By that time I just smoke a cigarette and the annoying effects go away and the DXM would have kicked in my then since it usually takes longer to kick in gels.

A cig can be your friend when on a high dose of AHs. My advice is to try the 60mg DXM and 25mg Doxylamine to see how you enjoy the feeling.

TBH you won't get much out of DXM unless you take 150mg+ and that is NOT advisable with nyquil since the Doxy will prob have you pulling your hair out.

I may take 6 nyquils tonight to see how a higher dose of Doxy is, but as soon as the RLS hits I'm calling quits with my cig and Valium.

PS - Unless your name is bob and you enjoy talking in the 3rd person then please refer to yourself as I. This topic is also suitable for the Psychedelic Discussion and not drug culture. Do not post the same thread in multiple focus forums, it's much easier to just read the rules before you post.

If you are a smaller person and you have a weak stomach/metabolism then DO NOT take more than 150
If you're in good health and you have good functioning stomach take no more than 200 mg. The dxm trip won't be worth it if you're throwing your innards out haha and it's also not worth it to take a chance if you don't whether or not it's safe. Be careful man don't go past 200 period. Do some research on it on more medical sites, because this, unfortunately, is all I could find. Cheers!

Last edited:
These are really small doses. Erowid's recommendations seem reasonable. Do no consume this much cough syrup if it has other compounds in it especially acetaminophen since that can lead to permanent liver damage.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml
I find ~1g is about the right dosage for me (note: this dose is quite high for some people. I would start at 250 to asses your susceptibility). I also was using an extraction process. I wouldn't want to drink that much cough syrup. 150mg is what I use if I need to suppress a cough, its totally non-recreational at that dose.

im wondering about the doxy not the dxm
What I found online was straight from the FDA I.E max dose in 24 hours. If you aren't dying to go for a dxm trip then just wait until you can buy some dxm only variant. If you are dying for a dxm trip then you can SAFELY take 300 mg of dxm as that will only have 125 doxy and the FDA has the maximum dose within 24h of doxy at 200Mg for an adult. Look it up, just "doxylamine max dose" you're completely safe even up yo around 500ish mg dxm if you don't believe, as I said look it up. But still your best bet is to just get a dxm only variant. Best of luck...

Why can't you just get ahold of a DXM only product? Whatever you do please don't overdo it on doxylamine, there are several reports of renal failure, seizures, and delayed onset rhabdomyolysis from doses as low as 300mgs, it's not even worth it... have a look around the web if you want a better look on how nasty too much doxylamine is.

Why can't you just get ahold of a DXM only product? Whatever you do please don't overdo it on doxylamine, there are several reports of renal failure, seizures, and delayed onset rhabdomyolysis from doses as low as 300mgs, it's not even worth it... have a look around the web if you want a better look on how nasty too much doxylamine is.
As I said in the OP I already used the dmx only out of the twin pack, I had the second laying around cause I WAS NOT willing to take the one with doxy unless I found out how much was SAFE I wanna have fun not kill my self which is why I stick to dxm an marryjany OOONNLYY

Olso thanks to everyone for your answers, inow see that this bottle is pretty much useless to me.
I greatly appreciate all of your feedback

Can I post a DXM question regarding DXM closed eye visuals/hallucinations? I am taking DXM (no other drugs) but cannot find a current place to ask?
Or is this only for replies to the first question in the thread?