View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM HCl question

kushportal

Greenlighter
I recently made some DXM HCl. Currently it is in a glass dish after drying. To speed up that drying I let it sit on an electric stove on low heat until most of my solution was evaporated. I then waited for the little bit left to air dry just to make sure i didn't burn it. When i take it off the stove and kinda move it back and forth to get an idea of how much liquid was left, a tiny bit of liquid started to bubble and now thats its dried completely parts of my final product have turned brown. (). My question is 1.) What happened? and 2.) How does this affect what i have in my dish? Is it still usable, or is it dangerous?? Thanks again!

you burnt it, I guess.
What was the temperature of your oven?
what was the solvent and from what did you extract it?

i don’t know the temp, but the liquid that was drying was a mix between water and hcl acid, there was a tiny amount of naphtha left that snuck it’s way into the dish

naptha will evaporate before boiling water will

That looks like it got a little warm but I would bet you it's fine to use. It's a better idea to use a double boiler than an open stove element when evaporating compounds that may char/darken, it limits the temperature to 100C or so.

A little bit of coloration can make a major change in appearance, so by no means should you assume it's 100% destroyed, in fact it may well be fine to use.