Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Hbr - Seeing Pi and other algebraic equations

General_CokeSmoker

Greenlighter
Hello all!
I am a new member but long-time lurker of bluelight, and I had a recent experience that I was curious if anyone could share similar experiences to.

After ingesting 600mg of Dxm(along with 100mg of diphenhydramine for potenating purpose), I had a CEV moment when I saw Pi (3.14159 etc.) along a moving belt horizontally across my vision for a period of time when I was deep into "disassociative-thought", for lack of better of a better term, during the trip. I didn't realize what I was seeing until I started to think about the familiar pattern in the numbers, a pattern I had seen before but couldn't place my finger on exactly. It wasn't until it disappeared and morphed into something else did I realize I had seen Pi, to be sure I immediately google'd what numbers I had seen, which then brought up Pi.
I also have seen other complex algebraic equations during this trip and a previous one(I use Dxm often, and am not new to the drug by any means, nor is this is my first time combining diphenhydramine to give the dose an extra 'kick', so-to-say.), but never during any other trip I have had. I am also not fond of math in any way, considering I have a learning disability pertaining directly to that area.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with this drug, or any other disassociate?

*EDIT* I apologize if this should be posted somewhere else. Please moderators, move to appropriate thread if needed.

Last edited:
Welcome, General.

I've seen some pretty amazing things on DXM. One time I witnessed a full-blown cellular automaton simulation that involved a refractive liquid substance morphing/conglomerating/flowing into itself... Hard to explain, but it was very mathematical in nature, and the rules by which it operated did not change the whole time I was watching it. There have been other times tripping on DXM where I saw text and single written characters. The fonts are often really fancy, but I usually can't read the text. When I get visuals, I'll usually see complex rotating 3D landscapes and objects, at a quality I don't get with other substances (though not as bright).

For some reason the DXM trip is very mathematical in nature. Some say that while on DXM, you lose part of your ability for higher thinking, but in a way I've found the opposite is true: I'm often able to visualize and hold very complex models in my mind. It's more like a shift in focus than it is a loss.

Last edited:
I find many psychedelics to be quite mathematical. I don't think I've ever seen numbers (as in, written representation of numbers, that is to say digits), but I often experience mathematical concepts visually.

Once on ketamine and pot I put my head underneath a blanket and the light shining through the fabric illuminated alien writing with shone and lit up as it scrolled across.
Very very very strange, I have never had hallucinations like it from ketamine since without being in a k hole.
It was surprising because I wasn't really that high on ketamine, maybe the marijuana helped

^Cannabis alone will do something similar to me, minus the scrolling. I used to get baked and draw, and sometimes the blank paper would fill up with tons of cartoons and alien text. (That's what this image is about.) First time it happened I was convinced I was seeing subliminal messages but no, it was just my mind seeing images in the fibers.

edits:

I've found that afterglowing + smoking weed is the best time to see imagery in textures from DXM.

HolyToast, how much was the blanket's texture modified to produce the writing? The effect I get is usually caused by my mind finding patterns that aren't there, but the actual visual distortion is low, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
A 'friend' of mine and I both independently experienced visions revolving around a shape that seemed to be of quintessential importance (to reality, the natural world, the workings behind it all, who's to say), after we had these experiences both of us tried to find out what the shape was, and it turned out to be a (type of) torus. (For people who really want to believe badly, it might be worth mentioning that there are a lot of things that exist based on a torus shape, especially electromagnetic fields.) I emphasize: we both completely experienced and figured this out on our own. The only other explanation I can think of is that I mentioned it in a trip report 5 years ago and he read it and is trying to mess with me. But if dare say it, I doubt he is clever enough to set it up, and instead of a cynical bastard trying to fool a friend, he is much more the type begging to be a victim of psychological manipulation. New age-y and irrational far more often than I can stomach.

On DOB, it was like I saw the world in animated living technical blueprints. Of course it is hard to express how insightful it was to be able to apply things like exploded view drawings on various kinds of systems found all around us. It was not only limited to material technics and physics, but also social dynamics could be perceived in models. It was an enabling state of mind probably indifferent to the subject.

Sorry, I don't respond well to DXM and feel like utter shit on it. Shame, who know what I would have been able to experience if I could get past that!

Last edited:
On my high dose DXM trips I would often see a grid of randomly-changing letters and numbers encompassing my entire field of vision. The characters were always in a fancy-looking font with exaggerated serifs, and usually they were white or electric blue on a black background, but one time they were pale yellow on lime green and there was an embossing effect to the letters. They rarely made any sense but I always had the feeling when I was looking at them that I was looking at the underlying programming code for the computer simulation running the universe. I've never seen these kinds of visuals on other substances, which makes me wonder if DXM causes more activity in the fusiform gyrus.

On my highest dose trip (1.3g) I was astonished to see the infinite grid slowly spell out a message for me:

THE FOURTH
PLATEAU

starring [my name]
as THE FOOL

Last edited:
^ That's pretty much what I was telling my friends afterwards....."Dude, I saw the Matrix! Like, literally!!" :D

I remember one time on dxm i was looking at this at the park and he was pixilated! it was like some crazy fly vision!!!

LT Dextronaut, got this insane idea once. Tolerance was low at the time, took maybe 1500mg. Made a hobo isotank (all light blocked, eyeshades on, filled tub with lukewarm water [couldn't discern tmp, be it hot or cold], added entire can of salt [to float, I guess]). Had binaural beats blasting, to set brain waves to approx. 4Hz. My idea was "God Wave" was Pi Hz. Pranayama and chanting, opened both vocal chord sets. Starting aiming at ~3.14...Hz. Can't rly say I got there, but I got somewhere. My Consciousnes, this Quanta ball of Light began orbit Earth. Then I was Earth orbiting Sun, then Sun round the Super Massive Black Hole. This continued til at some point I was just Light spinning round a much greater Source. Sensed I coulda had Unity with Brahma, but was interviewed first, and failed. I was "asked" why I came. "To see what Man dubbed God". "HOW DID YOU GET HERE?" "blah...and drugs". "AND HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE THOSE?" "I ganked them" "YOU STOLE TO SEE GOD?" *laughs* And I was rejected.

I tried this multiple times with consistency, but even when I buy Dex or other Entheogens, whether street or online, same block. Got Union once on shrooms I helped grow. Now, I too am a skeptic, and I highly suspect this rejection has more to do with my own psychology than some innate nature of the Godhead. I have recently been able to raise the Kundalini assisted buy dissos I worked for. IDC what is made of this, and admittedly, this is a half-sarcastic, ironic commentary on the lament of Solipsis's proselytizing friend ;p But maybe Pi be talkin to ya...

Last edited:
...There have been other times tripping on DXM where I saw text and single written characters. The fonts are often really fancy, but I usually can't read the text. When I get visuals, I'll usually see complex rotating 3D landscapes and objects, at a quality I don't get with other substances (though not as bright).

I don't do DXM, but what you described above is exactly what I see on low/med dose DMT.
They're reminiscent of the writing you see on shows like "StarGate".
Like 3D "Buckey Balls" covered in cyphers.
I've described these things to others who use DMT but no one seems to see this stuff.

Also, I use reading glasses to see fine print, but these DMT "glyphs" are crystal clear.

No disrespect intended, but I think that to say that you saw pi itself is a little misleading. The ordered sequence of numbers 3.14159 etc. is a name for a number that we cannot fully characterize except as being a necessary constant when computing some important geometric and trigonometric ratios. You could specify the 3.14159 sequence up to trillions of decimal points and you'd still only be approximating or pointing at pi itself. It's like saying you saw God when what you actually saw were the letters 'G' 'O' 'D' play out in your vision.

No disrespect intended, but I think that to say that you saw pi itself is a little misleading. The ordered sequence of numbers 3.14159 etc. is a name for a number that we cannot fully characterize except as being a necessary constant when computing some important geometric and trigonometric ratios. You could specify the 3.14159 sequence up to trillions of decimal points and you'd still only be approximating or pointing at pi itself. It's like saying you saw God when what you actually saw were the letters 'G' 'O' 'D' play out in your vision.

Party pooper...:(