View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm G.F juice potentiation?

TrippyHippiegirl

Greenlighter
I've tried this a few times but I'm wondering what effect it would have if the dxm has already been ingested/ kicking in? I have 2 ripe grapefruits one large white and one pink, which one would be better for potentiating, I didn't take it before hand because the few times I've tried gf before taking the dxm it took it longer to kick in. I plan on taking another bottle in around 6-8 hours, if I ate gf would it take longer for the dxm to get out of my system, would it increase the effect significantly?

I've heared it's white grapefuit/juice that works. I've tried it with red and it didn't seem to have much effect. Also I belive your supposed to start ingesting grapefruit over 24 hours in advance and lots of it.

I want to try with white grapefruit juice some time just to see for myself if it works.

Also I can't vouch for this completely, but I think when I was reading it said " the more bitter, the better" when selecting juice.

IMO don't know why anyone would what to do dxm had it before an it just made me feel nauseous for a day or two got some visuals but not worth the feeling

I, on the other hand, greatly enjoyed my DXM trips and would prefer it to MXE. So to each their own.

On the subject, grapefruit juice inhibits hepatic cytochromes giving your liver a hard time metabolizing DXM. I would not recommend this type of potentiation, since it is virtually impossible to calculate the dosage in such case. Also, DXM has an active metabolite dextrorphan, which, I presume, will be present in lesser concentration if liver is not metabolizing DXM as it should. This could change the nature of the trip, and not necessarily in a pleasant way. I'd say do not mess with your liver enzymes, they are there to keep you safe. Once I foolishly brewed ayahuasca with grapefruit juice (ran out of lemons) and it resulted in quite a difficult experience.

If I recall correctly, dextrophan or dxo causes some of the more unpleasant aspects of the dxm trip which is another reason why people use this method.
I'm unsure of the safty or predictability of doses higher than 1000mg due to the massive amount of work your liver will have to do when faced with such a dose. But anything under that probly won't be an issue.

Grapefruit inhibits the metabolization of DXM. It will just make it take longer to kick in. This is not advisable.

I hear all this talk about grapefruit potentiating other drugs as well, like ketamine, and I want to try it, but I just don't know how the hell you guys can stomach that horrible tasting fruit! It's so bitter :p. Any tips on making it more bearable?