View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm first time - no effect

cleff

Greenlighter
After doing a little bit of research I decided that I wanted to give dxm a try. I took a whole bottle of store brand liquid gels (dxm HBr only active ingredient), totaling a dosage of 300 mg. I figured this was a safe first dosage, since I weigh about 100 kg. I had read that gels take around an extra hour to kick in so I decided to watch TV to kill some time. I had a snack about an hour into taking the gels, but I had otherwise been on an empty stomach. I felt a slight buzz at around the hour 45 minute mark, but that was about it. After 3 hours, I told myself that nothing was going to come of it and just kinda dropped it.

At 100 kg, I expected this dosage to be a low-second plateau one. I took all the gels in a ~10 minute span and was, again, on an empty stomach.

Later that night, about 7 and a half hours after I took the dxm, my brother asked me if I wanted to smoke. I figured that I might as well, since the dxm never worked. We smoked two bowls and then I told him I was gonna go to sleep, since I was tired. I was preparing to go to sleep when I noticed that I was incredibly high. That must have been some pretty good shit, I thought. Then I started having closed eyed visuals and a feeling of detachment. I was basically "inside" my visuals and for the most part independent of my body. I tried to "talk" myself down and to remind myself that I was in my bed, etc. Around this time, I knew this couldn't be a weed high, since the quantity I smoked couldn't possibly have led to this caliber of a high. I knew it was the dxm. I started to accept my overall sensations, and my panicky feeling went away. I must've stayed lying in bed for a while, but I eventually got on my laptop and started listening to music. I wasn't having anymore visuals at this point, but the music was great. I think I almost listened to an album through before the headphones started feeling a bit uncomfortable and I decided to close my laptop and lay back down. Last I checked the clock it was almost 2 hours since the end of the smoke sesh. I had noticeably come down and was tired, so I just crashed.

I just find it odd how weed was needed to act as some sort of catalyst for the dmx to react. I was reading that some people have "hyper metabolization" of dmx so it can basically never be done recreationally. I also believe that the reason I felt it nearly instantly is that took the gel caps 7 and a half hours before I smoked. If my body "properly" reacted to the dmx, then I would probably have been somewhere in the latter end of the trip. Not sure if this is actually how it works, but nonetheless interesting.

Dxm seems like something I would like to do again and actually experience the full trip, since it seems like I "missed" most of it. I wonder if I should take a 300 mg dose again and wait maybe maximum of 2 hours to see if it kicks in. If not, I'll probably smoke and see if that does the trick. Any similar experiences out there / how you've dealt with it?

i would personally say try 400mg and if you want to smoke take 1 hit every 5-10 mins or something because they will synergise like hell when the dxm is at its peak

ginger tea before hand, or just a little bit of something with real ginger even if its preserved is worthwhile.

as for hyper metabolisation, i don't rly buy it, probably related to the same gel cap deal.aka dissolving very slowly into your bloodstream as opposed to syrup where the peak would be shorter and more intense and a faster onset.