• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM First time in 6 years.. How much should I take?

jesric

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

So today is a major adventure for me. Let me give you the short story.

I am now 27. I started using DXM when I was 14 and got a bit carried away with it, using it for many years along with alcohol and a number of other substances. I was an every other day user of DXM pretty much through high school... Then of course the magic went again, I pretty much put it out of my mind. I continued to dabble with it with mostly failure until 2011 when I quit for good. (well, until now)

Fast forwards to now, I'm 27. I have a Masters degree and a good job/girlfriend. I've still continued to really appreciate psychedelic drugs and I did have an opportunity to try DMT recently but other than that one experience I have done nothing except alcohol since 2011.

So I realized that this last week I have vacation time and this is my last day of vacation and my girlfriend is at work all day. She is also not very knowledgeable on drugs and even in the worse circumstances I could put it off on being tired and staying up all night (I do this often).

So we come to the ultimate moment - I finally have a chance to try DXM again after 6, almost 7 years. I haven't given it much thought during that time frame but it hit me that I have had several days off and a good time, but what shall I do on my last day? I had the blessing to see Metallica and have spent the rest of my time playing minecraft (yes really) so why not finish with a real adventure?

So my question to anyone with a similar experience is how much?

I'm thinking 300mg (1 bottle cough gels) and then follow with another 300mg 2 hours later if I don't feel enough. My old dosage was 450-1000mg depending on setting/mood. I will consume this by 9:30AM and she won't be home till 5:00PM but even if I am still fucked up I would be honest and just tell her what I did but I would prefer not to scare her as she's not experienced.

So my question is has anyone else with a sky high tolerance tried this?

How much did you take after such a long time?

What was your results?

Thanks.

i think 300mg sounds sensible, i'm not sure about the 300mg redose two hours later.

may as well just take 450mg at the start if you know you want to go hard.

i think 300mg sounds sensible, i'm not sure about the 300mg redose two hours later.

may as well just take 450mg at the start if you know you want to go hard.

Ended up going for 600mg at once. God I still have a gag-reflex swallowing 20 cough gels at once.. They don't sell the Robotussin brand and the store I visited only sells a gelcap brand that I remember gives me terrible stomach problems.. Very tempted to get CCC but I did resist that urge.

Hopefully I will be able to keep my cool when she gets home at 6:00PM but that is 8 hours away and even if she doesn't... She won't probably notice or even say anything I just don't like to take advantage of a good situation you know?

It's selfish of your gf to not let u trip as long as u are responsible....I would just tell her the truth when she gets home..if she loves u she will try to understand it...worked for me with my wife who has never touched a drug including alcohol.

It's selfish of your gf to not let u trip as long as u are responsible

He never said she doesn't let him trip and who are you to call her selfish with such little detail?

jesric, many of us here would recommend against hiding drug use with SOs, even if for one offs. It can easily lead to justification on your part of hiding more and more, as well as of course it inherently taking her and your trust for granted. In other words, it's playing with fire. Either way, I hope you enjoy the experience <3 I'd love to hear how it went considering your sabbatical from drug use as well as recent DMT experience no doubt coloring your perception of reality right now :)

He said he has a good job and barley does drugs. She's selfish for not allowing him to trip so he has to go to all these extremes to hide it.

Depriving someone of joy with no good reason other than your own brainwashed ideas about drugs is selfish.

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that after 7 years the magic does return. The trip was different than the best ones I remember, probably because I did it during the day. I did get sick of course but after that I felt it pretty hard. It's worth mentioning that I pulled an all-nighter the night before my trip so I was also very tired.

I didn't get many visuals probably because the bedroom was very bright from balcony (in the past my visuals were in pitch black) and I was having very quick moments of following asleep which actually was very relaxing.

Music sounded as great as I remember and I enjoyed surfing for new songs on Spotify. I basically laid in bed during the hardest part of trip because I felt pretty good and also lazy. I didn't get as deep into my mind as I would have liked but honestly it's cause I was so tired. (Didn't actually feel tired during trip in fact the DXM is perfect during a normally shitty day after no sleep).

As for my girlfriend - no she wouldn't ever tell me not to trip she actually did try Kratom and alcohol with me for the first time. She is younger than me 22 and I'm 27 and from a very small town so honestly i would prefer not to worry her.. she's not uses to being around advanced psychoactive drugs and me gulping down 40 pills, puking and then being unable to talk properly for nearly 6 hours would worry her - even if she didn't express that worry through panic or anger.

We don't keep many secrets in our relationship but of course it's normal once in a while to have a private life. She ones hid that she got fired from her job because she didn't want to worry me (She got another a couple days later) and likewise I don't want to worry her... I take care of her and brought her out of a terrible fast food job and small town to South Florida so she doesn't criticize me for playing video games too much (she plays with me), taking ephedrine before work, drinking a little too much of trying any psychoactive (I loved DMT btw). It's just that this particular drug would really scare her, I would probably do an extraction and cut it down to a couple pure pills before I took it around her.