• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM EXTRACTION HELP!!! (what strength ammonia to use)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeasplease

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, first time posting here ever...

ok, so i've read multiple tutorials on how to extract dxm from the syrup (using ammonia and naptha, or (shellite instead of naptha), and i have a pretty clear image of what to do, but theres a problem, none of the recipes that require clear ammonia, state what strength the ammonia should be. clear ammonia is now already hard enough to obtain in Australia, though i have managed to find a supplier of it, a cleaning company i think, the strength of this ammonia is 25%, is this suitable for use in extraction? does it need to be pure? i'd really appreciate advice from someone who has done this extraction before and knows what they used, i dont want to die... or just not at this point... thank you!!

I don't think this is a good idea, and I personally doubt it will be worth it. Can you not get the dxm gel caps in Australia?

Prepare ahead of time a solution of the citric acid in water. For two bottles of syrup (8 oz
each) use 3 tablespoons of citric acid in 8 fluid ounces of water.
Add ammonia to syrup. DXM converts from hydrobromide salt to freebase and
precipitates out of water. Since it is now nonpolar it wants to go into a nonpolar solvent.
Now you add a nonpolar solvent (lighter fluid) and shake hard. Free base goes into
solution in solvent. Let solvent float to the top. Physically separate the layers. Now the
DXM is in the nonpolar layer, mix that with the acid and shake well. The DXM converts
back into the acid salt (since lemon juice has citric acid in it, we make DXM
hydrocitrate). This is so beautiful because the DXM is practically pulled across the oilwater
interface by the hydrogen ion gradient.
Now you throw out the oil layer, and the DXM is now acid salt in the lemon juice. Boil it
for a few minutes in the microwave, stir it good, so any volatile solvent that remains will
evaporate.
You are left with “Agent Lemon” or “DXemon Aid”, a highly concentrated product,
which is superior to cough syrup—if you really wanted to, you could probably boil away
the water—with no danger, since the amount of solvent is almost nothing, and get a
crystalline product that might be cut with anhydrous citric acid. I wouldn’t suggest it,
since it might irritate the stomach.
How to make:
1. Put cough syrup in 2 liter bottle.
2. Pour in a lot of ammonia. Excess is not a serious problem. The ammonia volume
should be about equal to the syrup volume.

3. Shake.
4. Pour into a tightly sealable vessel. A funnel is good to have.
5. Add about a ½ inch thick layer of lighter fluid.
6. Shake the hell out of the vessel for about five minutes.
7. Pour the liquid back into 2 liter.
8. Let the organic solvent layer separate, it wil float on top of the water.
The way to separate the layers is with a separatory funnel, or the approximate version (a
plastic bag). Pour the entire contents of the bottle into the sealable plastic bag, seal it, let
the layers separate, clip off the bottom corner, and let the watery layer (on the bottom)
drain out into the drain. Then let the organic layer drain into a jar.
9. If you want to minimize the amount of water-ammonia-cough syrup inactive
ingredients, add more water, let separate and separate again. If you want
you can do this as many times as it takes to get the ammonia taste out.
10. Now mix the solvent layer with the citric acid solution.
11. Transfer to a jar (like a Snapple or Nestea jar).
12. Really shake the hell out of it for 5 minutes.
13. It takes a few minutes to separate. Wait.
14. Or use a new plastic storage bag, and this time keep the water layer and discard the
organic layer.
15. Boil the juice for a few minutes, the theory is that if a little bit of the organic solvent
is there, it will boil away.

If your using the above method 10% is fine. Step 2 states that you have a little wiggle room. It will just require more citric acid at the end.

Id just take the dxm. And find some practice labs from universities u can do with those chemicals

Ask, answered, close. If it comes up again, it can always be reopened. The DXM extraction process this is about is really far from a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.