Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Experienced - bad trip after standing in front of the Walmart sign

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
Well the story begins with me dosing 600 mg the other night of DXM only cough gels. later that night I dosed the remaining cough gels I had, i think maybe another 400 mg not sure, after having a pretty good trip (I had a tolerance so it was nothing intense or anything), I decided to walk to walmart, which was like 15 mins away, to get more, right after taking more after that first 600 mg dose. Before leaving the house to begin my adventure to walmart while high, I also was texting a friend about dxm, who has done it before, just because I was tripping at the time and that is where the conversation went.

As I walked the empty streets at night, on my way to Walmart, looking up at the stars, I felt incredible, like I could achieve and accomplish anything. As I continued my adventure to walmart, I felt like I could very very easily be the next king of pop, as I sang the hee hee and hoo notes such as Michael Jackson used to, again, feeling incredible, and that I, and anyone else, could achieve anything they ever dreamed of.

As I arrived at walmart, I felt like some kind of celebrity or rock star or something, not above everyone else kind of way, but more like I felt like I was an actor in a movie. Actually, that's exactly what it felt like. I then proceeded to purchase another bottle of robitussin cough gels, 300 mg.

Next, I proceeded through the store feeling like a million bucks, and then felt like sitting in front of the Subway inside the walmart, on one of the benches. This is where things started to get intense. The body high was very intense and incredible, and felt like a massage of vibration. Every thing started moving and breathing, and was similar to and reminded me of an intense acid trip I had in the past, and felt close to acid, but not quit. For those of you wondering, this is a completely different drug with different effects.

Again, this was a 24 hour walmart, and it was like 2:00 am i think. Anyway, some people would come in and out every now and then, and one even greeted me. Everyone and everything looked so funny and trippy, I felt like I was in some kind of magical dreamland simulation. I could hear the night workers on their machines riding around, one passed by me and greeted me, they looked so trippy. Well, good thing i listened to the feeling of sitting on that bench, or else I would have taken that 300 mg after walking out. Luckily i didnt or i probably wouldnt be able to move and might have got talked to or questioned by cops or something. So i pretty much never even dosed the 300 mg i purchased at walmart.....ended up tossing it on the ground during the bad trip adventure back home from walmart, which you will read about later in the post, that is, if you feel like reading this long post in its entirety.

I think I also hallucinated the sound of waves, wind, music playing, and other sounds. It was Christmas time and their was a trippy, glowing Christmas tree, in the walmart. I then got up and walked outside, and in the parking lot, and began walking in slow motion, and made it to the front, outside of the parking lot. I stopped their because I was too high to move without stumbling or falling down. I then sat down in the grass, it was really cold outside, but i was too dissociated, to feel it too much, and had a coat on and was wearing the hood. Eventually more cars started pulling in and out and luckily no one said anything. i remember sitting down and standing up a good bit.

I remember trying to walk home a couple times, but was too messed up to walk without appearing as if i was on drugs, like a slow motion robot; didn't want to get questioned by any policemen. I turned to look behind me to see that I was standing in front of the walmart sign, which was glowing and moving. I think I literally just stood their staring at the cars passing by (at first their werent many cars because it was so early in the morning), but they came in swarms afterwards, and appeared to be some kind of alien machines, that i could not comprehend.

I stood their for like 3 or 4 hours straight, barely moving! It was in the cold, and I had no choice and just thought of it as one long meditation, along with looking behind me, to see the walmart sign. It wasnt too bad because of the euphoric floating sensation, which was amazing. This was intense as fuck. I was on unsupervised probation at the time, and was paranoid that i would get caught tripping, with the 300 mg in my pocket. I drank the energy drink I had purchased in the walmart prior to walking outside. Time was non existent at this point, and it felt like forever.

Eventually, the sky started to lighten up a bit and I thought it might be time to try and walk home. Well, I didnt get far, I slowly robo walked up the near sidewalk and stopped again, and stood their again, frozen in time for who knows how long. The sun then began to rise the rest of the way up, and this is how i now realized it took me 3-4 hours to make my way from the walmart sign in front of the store to the near sidewalk, which was like 10 ft away from walmart sign.

After the sun came up, it was then morning, and i had come down enough to begin my adventure making my way home. Luckily, no one stopped to ask me what was wrong during the whole experience, which was good.

As I made my way up the sidewalk, it felt like the light at the end of the tunnel, following a cold and dark winter night in front of the walmart sign, frozen in time. After I began my walk home, this is where the bad trip started. It turned into a living hellish nightmare, a couple cop cars passed by me with the moving traffic, one even stopped in front of me while I was trying to cross the road. Knowing I was on probation unsupervised, this made it even worse.

I thought I had permanently fried my brain and was doomed to live the rest of my life tripping, and walking with this weird movement with my legs, which felt stiff, and i thought I would never comedown. Everything felt like a dream and nothing seemed real, it felt like a living nightmare. I believed I had been punished for taking dxm too much, this was like my 4th day in a row binge, and was also paying for re dosing like that. I thought perhaps their was some receptor or wiring in my brain chemistry that just snapped or popped, causing me to trip forever and never come down, from re dosing too much.

I didnt even count the second dose after the first 600 mg dose, but believe it may have been 900-1000mg in total, though not sure. Luckily, i had some hope that i would be spared as long as i didnt do this again, and learned my lesson, but the idea of being permanently fried and never coming down was battling the hope of being spared, let it be a warning not to do it again, but was also convinced that i might never come down. All sense of time was lost, all of this felt like an eternity.

I kept thinking what if my mom or dad passed as i was on my way home, and later on as i was closer to home, and had come down a bit, my dad actually passed me and picked me up, with a cup of coffee ready for me. My dad was looking for me at the house, couldnt find me, and went driving to find me, he did. He didnt know i was high i dont think, and didnt say anything about it. This was a relief.

After I got in the house and climbed in to bed, I had come down enough to realize that everything was going to be ok, and i didnt permanently fry my brain, and was going to be back to normal. I was so happy to be ok, it felt like heaven. Before getting into bed, i saw my cat, who I was glad to see, and told him i was so relieved, this felt humorous in a way and somewhat like I was in a movie again, I'm not making this up, I really told my cat this. Deep down buried somewhere below all the chaos and madness on my way home, I knew everything was going to be ok. I cannot explain it but it was hard to believe I would be fine at the time.

I feel fine now, but did feel a bit drained and hungover the whole day after the experience, which i tripped starting the previous night and then re dosed later at like 12 that morning, feeling it kick in at around 2 am in the walmart. On my way home during the bad trip (but remember the walk on the way to walmart looking up at the stars and while sitting on the bench in walmart was absolutely magical, euphoric, and amazing. It didn't get wierd till later.

I have walked out in public at night through town before on 600 mg, and during that time was stopped by the cops while I was still on probation (luckily they let me go and I was able to remain cool so it was all good), so I thought I would be able to handle walking to walmart and back. But I did not count the dose for the second dose after the 600 mg.

If you decide to take a high dose of this drug, make sure to count the dose you are taking and remember, set and setting is VERY important when dosing any trippy substance. You never know, you may end up standing completely still, frozen in time in front of walmart sign. Be safe, and responsible and have fun!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks for sharing. :) I'm going to move this to Trip Reports, since that is in fact what it is.

PD -> TR

That's such a dangerous state to be in haha. Knowing you are tripping face, but capable of moving, and (basically) unaware of how you appear to others. Yes it can feel like a game, I'm lucky to have no unpleasant encounters in similar situations like this :) nice write up OP