View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Dosing over time

ddeakle

Greenlighter
anyone ever tried dosing dxm in increments over time? any one have a ratio of how much stronger it makes ur trip? ive done it alot and noticed it greatly potentates it but cant figure out how much... any help guys? if there is another forum covering this i apologize i just dont know how i would look for it i have tried and been unsuccessful.

Sure, redosing will potentiate the first dose by simply becoming a bigger dose, but those two doses taken at once will provide the stronger trip. For intensity and strength you want a bigger single dose and for extended duration you want seperate doses, which isn't recommended since DXM fries the brain for long enough as it is.

i agree it fries ur brain but i have to say u r wrong because dxm def potentiates itself, and i know form multiple personal exp, tht taking 600mg at once vs 300 then 300 and hr later the 300,300 is way stronger and a good bit longer than taking the whole 600 at once... o have taken quite a bit of dxm ove the past couple years, not saying that u havent fuck idk how much u have done but i do know ive done a lot more than most people

hell as we speak im doing 150 then 150, already dosed just waiting for it to kick off 1 hr to go :p stupid gell caps lol

I have a lot of experience slow-dosing DXM. Typically, I would mix pure powder into a flavored soft drink, and sip it slowly over a number of hours. The reason I took to doing it this way is because I noticed that the powder would cause unpleasant effects if I just took a single dose (mainly: loss of emotion; severe body load; dysphoria).

It is possible to attain a nice trip by dosing slowly over time. Even better is smoking some weed when the DXM's coming on strong.

Also: if some of you guys wish to keep saying DXM actually fries your brain, post your sources! It would seem DXM can cause a change in mental functioning over time, but it doesn't seem to be caused by true organic damage. Check out Erowid's DXM vault for relevant scientific research into the subject.

from Erowid:

"When DXM is taken in divided doses, or when it is taken with an inhibitor of the
P450-2D6 enzyme (e.g., fluoxetine), its sigma agonist activity becomes much
stronger in comparison to its effect at the NMDA receptor. As expected, DXM taken
under these conditions differs from other dissociatives, and is sometimes reported
to induce schizophrenic-like thought processes and other unpleasant effects."