Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Dosage, First Time

nickoo2

Greenlighter
Male
Weight: 215
Height: 6'3"

Looking for recommendations for a first time dose. Originally I was going to take 300mg because that seemed reasonable but the DEXcalc online calculators recommended dosage to reach the second plateau is 624mg. That seems quite high to me for a first time user. Now I am thinking that maybe 420mg ;) is a decent first time dose. Any suggestions? I have CVS Tussin with only DXM in it and and no other active ingredients. Has some sorbitol in the inactive but that should be fine. I plan on taking it later this afternoon/evening and combining with weed...

This is my first post btw! :)

Welcone to bluelight :). body mass factors into the dosage a lot with dxm and your bigger than most people so you probably need to take a little more but even so 624mg is too much as an initial dose that would put me into a deep third plateau where vision begins to go. but im 5'11, 155 pounds still that would most likely be too intense for your first time, also dxm affects certain people more than others so regardless of size you might happen to be one of those people who are lightweights to dxm it seems to be a genetic thing from what I understand. 350-400mg would be a good dose if you want to go light second plateau, this is what I would recomend you don't want to go too deep into a dose before you know whether you like it or not. Some people love dxm some people hate it, its intense and people perceive the trips differently from person to person. Have fun and be safe, I wish I could take dxm still the high fades after about 30 to 40 times doing it there's no point its hard on your liver so be warned. Your estimate of 420mg as a decent first dose was a good estimate.

Marijuana helps with the nasua when used right BTW also avoid mixing caffine with dxm. The afternoon is a good idea, a dark calm setting is key the visuals come to life in the absence of light, that's why the CEV's are so crazy.