View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM didn't work?

ripply

Greenlighter
Two nights ago a friend of mine took 4 oz of Robitussin extra strength, his friend is experienced with robo tripping and said that's a good start. So my friend sipped the bottle like lean for an hour (he learned later you're supposed to chug it) but my friend was launched into a third platue "trip" mixed with a little Mary of course. Trip was intense, he loved it.

Last night he tried to replicate his previous night, so this time he chugs the bottle and brushes his teeth and waits. About two hours on he feels the world start to spin, and that's it for four hours he just felt drunk, he could still have a conversation with me, but said he didn't really want to talk. (Dissociate properties) about four hours later he got up and sprinted to the bathroom and unleashed his whole stomach on my fresh new toilet:(

He knows that taking dxm two nights in a row is bad, he understands the risks so please don't reply to tell him what he's doing is wrong.

Does anyone know why my friend would trip hard the first night but feel next to nothing the second night? And why he can't ever trust a fart again?

Would most likely be a tolerance to Dxm since he did such a large dose the night before, And DXM is best enjoyed once a month as you wouldnt experience these problems.

Agreed with Ergan. If I ever took DXM within a couple of days of the previous time, I always had to take considerably more to feel anything. And even then the trip was diminished but still go some of the side effects. Plus he may have eaten more or sooner to taking it the second time, as a full stomach seems to decrease the intensity, at least for me.

In my honest opinion, if I were going to trip on DXM, I would plan at least a day ahead of time. I would make sure head was straight, and plan my meals accordingly so that when the day came I would have some, but not a lot of food in me. Also, I would do an extraction on the correct bottle(s) of DXM. That would get it relatively pure instead of all that sugar and thick syrup. There are extraction threads around here. Get the set/setting correct, and have a beautiful trip. With a sitter of course.

Part of why people say you shouldn't trip on DXM every day is not because it's bad for you neccesarily, it's because of this very effect you've noticed, DXM produces tolerance to the psychedelic/dissociative effects pretty quickly,

If you look at the numbers for the half-life of DXM and the compounds it is metabolized into, you still have a bunch of DXM, DXO, nor-DXM, nor-DXO floating around in your blood 24, even 48 hours after you take a dose. When you take a second dose of DXM after 24 hours, essentiall your body still hasn't "finished" its trip from the previous day.

You gotta wait at least 3 days between trips to get good effects.
Really, the longer you space your trips the better. Even though it seems like a fun pastime, you really have to be careful with tolerance because if you "lose the magic" it can be hard to make DXM fun again.

Definitely do what they said and bide your time between doses. Look into extraction methods to be safe but never heat anything dxm related, things Ive read suggest it's a bad idea without a gas mask.