View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM didn't work?

half-smile

Greenlighter
Alright so roughly 5 hours ago I drank a whole bottle of Delsym (it was the small 3 ounce one). However it had no effect on me whatsoever! Not at all. My buddy drank exactly the same thing, same size, and he said that it was the most intense high he has ever had.

And then there's me. Feeling nothing. It's as if I didn't drink any at all.. Which doesn't make sense to me. If I'm doing the math correctly, there is 534mg total in a 3oz bottle. Even half of that should have had an effect on me!

I'm not even 120 pounds, with absolutely no tolerance at all. I have never tried DXM before this. It's a shame because I've been wanting to experiment with this for awhile now. :/

So how is it that I didn't get high off it? Should I drink more next time? Or even try a different brand such as robitussin? I seriously would like to have some fun with it.

deslym is the extended relase form IIRC, did you eat something that may have delayed the onset even further? 500 mg is a fairly large dose for a first timer, you.should definetely feel it.
I don't know, maybe next time buy a non extrnded release brand (and, IMHO, dose lower)

It is a pretty high dosage, don't understand how it could not have had any effect on me. I ate a little but like an hour before taking it. I'm not sure if that could have stopped it all together. I waited a good seven hours and then ended up falling asleep. It made me kind of sleepy, but that's all. Soo strange.

Since delsym is time release, the effects of the dosage taken are spread out over a much longer time. Ive found delsym(dxm polistirex) to be about 3x weaker than dxm hbr. Granted it lasts longer, however 3 times the dosage is necessary to achieve the desired effects.
Stay away from delsym, get some form of dxm hbr. Since it is time release, the digestion of the substance varies widely from individual to individual which is probably why your friend tripped balls.

That could have something to do with it, another factor can be individual body chemistry... especially certain liver enzymes that handle DXM / DXO metabolism. It can make people sensitive or tolerant / naturally resistant aka hardheaded.

The fact that your friend tripped so very hard seems to suggest that factor being related. If you are going to try again with other instant release preparations, it may tell you whats going on. If you consistently keep getting weak results compared to others it is body chemistry, if it depends solely on the DXM product you buy it should be the time release formula.

It could have a timed release like it was said above or it could have an expectorant which doesnt let you trip. Now as for your buddy tripping, that i dont fully understand. Maybe he was fucking with you?

that is very strange indeed. now, i do know that i once drank about the same amount and it didn't really hit me until 5-6 hours later..