• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM (Dextromethorphan)

ar.izona

Bluelighter
A mate of mine wants to get two bottles of delsym with the only active ingredient as dxm. He then wants to empty allll that sweet sweet syrup intp and empty jug (milk jug, arizona tea jug, etc..) and fill the rest up with water. He wants to let it set for about 2 hours and then he should be able to dump all the extra shit out of the jug and be left with a dxm sludge. Now from here the sludge should dry into a powder. Now if this mate of mine wanted to snort the powder or roll it into a blunt, would it hit him quicker? (As opposed to drinking the syrup and waiting an hour) Also, would the effects feel more intense? Thank you for your answer.:):):)

I will *attempt* to answer your question. Iv done dxm quite a few times, and delsym is 100% my favorite, however, delsym isn't true dxm. It is dxm polistirix, the timed release version. If this is you/your friends first time doing dxm, don't do delsym. It is very much a different feeling high. Also, whoever takes it will be fine drinking a bottle of delsym. For a 900 mg dose its 5 ozes of syrup, which doesn't hurt my stomach at all and tastes good in my opinion (grape is EXACTLY like grape Powerade, just grapier, orange isn't as good, but its decent. I can honestly say I would drink the grape alll fucking day). I do not think you can snort dxm (I may be wrong though) but I KNOW you can not smoke it. If you want to make a pure dxm powder, get cough drops with just dxm hbr as the main ingredient, crush em up and put em on a plate, then cover em with water, and microwave until just a white powder is left (not 100% sure on this process)

Hi,

Adding Water to Delsym syrup won't do anything, it only dilute the syrup.
Apparently it contain DXM polystyrex, i've never tried to extract or consume it, but i have a good experience with DXM HBr. (I generally use Tussidane syrup, tabs)
Before doing something i think you should read this guide on dxm it will answer all your question :

Extracting DXM from the syrup is really easy. It's a simple Acid/Base extraction.
Follow this guide:
i don't know if it work with DXM-Polystirex
But if you want to insuflate it you must use DXM not DXM-Polystirex because to be active it need to be in contact with the stomach acidic environent.
I don't know the bioavailability for intranasal dxm , oral is 10-15%
and for smoking i never heard of smoked DXM but if you want to smoke it must be in freebase form not as a salt. i don't know if it's effective

Edit: Smoking DXM free base has been attempted several times by various peoplewithout much success. DXM itself seems to vaporize at a fairly high
temperature, and is extremely harsh. To make matters worse, in typical DXM
extractions, some of the flavoring agents end up surviving the extraction
and they lend a definite unpleasant taste to the smoke.

I have received one report of a successful DXM freebasing experiment. The
person said that while it was nice to know it was possible, it was just too
much trouble to be worth it. Another person reported making the attempt and
suffering from a severe burning sensation in his lungs which ended up as an
asthma attack.

source: http://www.dextroverse.org/faqs/

Last edited: