View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm/Coricidin damage

drugfiend666

Greenlighter
When i was 15 years old i met what i thought the love of my life was, DXM. I first started using it in every thing i found the active ingredient to be in. then shortly discovered the liver warning in a different active ingredient and chose to stay away from it. I had heard plenty of those goofy stories about "triple c's" and constantly was told to stay away from them. People said they put "holes in your brain" which ive always thought was bologna. So i decided to do what any druggie would do in this case i did lots of research of triple cs as much as i could and started to experiment more with them. the high was a bit more intense then other brands. it was easy to swallow and tasted like candy. i didnt think anything of it. i just wanted to trip. At first i used dxm once a week or waited even 3 weeks without it. eventually as my depression grew stronger dxm became my best friend. i used it every chance i got. stole it from stores, friends houses, relatives... anywhere i could get it i did. i binged dxm alone for about 2 months until people started to notice and insisted i had a problem. my parents noticed and kept cold meds away from me as much as possible. after everything died down i started doing alot more triple cs and eventually only triple cs. i did them at least 3 times a week, then i did them everyday as soon as i woke up. one day i just stopped. i still do dxm and ccc's every few weeks or so, but i have noticed so many things have changed, and they have definitely caused permanent damage to me.
including:
constant distortion in my vision
random splotches of different colors at the corner of my eye
speech problems(saying things backwords, stuttering, ect.)
mental slowness
forgetting so many important things.
if anyone else is experiencing similar things because of dxm or has any more information about what this stuff really does please comment

Ive used dxm for about 10 years, daily for about 5 years. Started in high school. We would ditch school and steal/buy boxes from the store. I wouldnt get coricidin though. Id get the generic brands because they are cheaper. We started with 8 pills a day then graduated to 12 then 14 then 16. Sometimes we stay up 2 or 3 days taking a box every day. Time passed and we stopped taking em as much. My friends stopped completely but i kept going. Taking 8 pills every day. After i discovered lsd and psilocybin, my use cut down to almost nothing. Sometimes ill still take them, but only 4 pills. At 30mg dxm thats like 120mg which is low compared to before, but it gives me a little buzz. As far as the side effects youre experiencing, i cant relate much to them. How much would you take on average? The only negative side effects ive noticed is i get really twitchy when im falling asleep and get this irresistable urge to jerk around in bed all fast. I have chest pains sometimes too, but ive consumed coke, lsd, shrooms, xanax, triple cs, I smoke weed daily, and used to drink a lot. So it would be hard to pin point where all my side effects are coming from. I do think however that the other chemicals besides dxm are harmful in larger doses. Like the chloropalem maelete or whatever its called.