PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dxm & Clonidine & Wellbutrin & Xanax

pharmaceutical

Greenlighter
My stats: height: 5'4 weight: 100lbs
18 years old
All the medications mentioned are from a pharmacy besides, well obviously, the freebase dxm which was ordered online.

I stopped taking dxm for about a year after my tolerance shot thru the roof after an overdose. It hasn't worked the same for me since then. However I got my hands on an old bottle I had of freebase robotabs 30mg each, imo the best form of dxm.
Well, last night I had a mental health crisis and I took a blue 1mg football Xanax, 50mg of trazodone, 150mg of Wellbutrin, 90mg of dxm and 0.3mg of clonidine, plus I smoked a lot of weed off a waxpen.
Note: I've tried Xanax a handful of times and it never worked or at least I couldn't tell if it was working, and I don't really like benzos. My theory so far is that taking it along with clonidine as opposed to the Xanax on its own, helps me realize how faded I actually am.

I still felt hella depressed but I was very sleepy like usual and went to bed mid sentence while trying to type something. The next morning I woke up feeling super super high and I took a video of myself that I later watched and thought woah I'm really high in that video. I could barely could get up out of bed, I had a super heavy feeling but it felt good. I was seemingly friendly and reacting positively like general positive mood even when ppl around me were yelling and arguing in a small space which would usually make me anxious. The sedating effects wore off after I took my prescribed 20mg of adderall, but the calming and anti anxiety effects were there throughout the day like everything I said was smoother and I felt like I could speak from my chest without having the regular social anxiety. It's weird bcs it was almost like the dxm was working again, but without any trippiness, and only euphoria.
I think the Wellbutrin is "lowering my tolerance" by inhibiting the metabolism of CYP2D6 so more dxm builds up in my bloodstream. I think I'll try this again without the Xanax because there was a definite amnesia feeling when I woke up and I didn't know what day it was and all the memories were there but they weren't organized in a timeline, it was just jumbled up.

edit: mixing drugs with dxm can b very dangerous. as soon as I find the link to this one thread on bluelight about dangerous combos, I'll add it here. did end up trying again with a lot of success I'll prolly make a post about that soon

Thank you for reading and I posted this just to get this off my chest and also hear your guys opinion and stuff :)
<3

Last edited:
If you're going to try it again, please do not mix Trazodone with DXM. It's a potentially dangerous combination. It can lead to serotonin syndrome which at best is very unpleasant and at worst kills ya.

In my past experience I found that taking Wellbutrin with DXM greatly altered the experience. I definitely didn't need as much dxm to get high due to the CYP2D6 inhibition, but it also felt more clear and lucid, which sounds good, but wasn't lol. I felt like they didn't synergize at all. It made me. When I take DXM, although it's been a number of years since I've taken it, I just like riding the train into the dream world that it sends me into. The music euphoria and out of body experiences from DXM are unlike any other drug, and wellbutrin kind of alters the flavor of it in a way I didn't appreciate.

For me there are only 2 drugs that should be mixed with DXM. Weed and Tobacco. Both will send you into super-euphoria hyperspace. Anything else doesn't really blend. Although once I did do DXM + LSD and it wasn't bad, but I'd rather have taken the acid another time.